If you can build IKEA furniture, these will be a breeze. H Frame Flat Packs

mlundy57

• Industry Participant

That is one stylish looking sub tower.  Sure makes my H-Frames look plain.

Mike

Danny Richie

At 300Hz the wavelength is 3.75 feet (45.0 inches). 

That looks like less than 1/4 wavelength (11.3") between them for cancellation effects.  There will be some loss of full line array summing.

Rich,

They aren't offset near that much. There won't be more than 15 degrees of phase rotation between them at 300Hz. You'll have more than that with the line of six 12's from the top drivers to the bottom drivers from almost any point.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Danny,
Understand.  I was just pointing out that it would be very little loss at those frequencies even that high same as your next post.

I think it looks cool!

Rich

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
That is one stylish looking sub tower.  Sure makes my H-Frames look plain.

Mike

Thanks, Mike!

That was just a quick mock-up. If I were to build a finished set they'd be built using 1 1/4" MDF and have inset grilles that followed the contour of the side panels.

Glad to hear you got your set finished and to the show. :thumb:

I'm in the middle of building a set of modular 3 x 8" hot rod black H-frames. Should look pretty cool when they're done. I'll have pics up soon.

Best,

Ruben

HAL

• Industry Contributor
More servo subs arrived!  Second set of 1x12" modules being populated and wired.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Isn't playing with new toys fun?  :D

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Yes, and it never gets old!   :thumb:

bdp24

Where are the plate amps going to be located? I guess the shortest wiring would be with each amp at the back of the middle box of the three woofers that amp powers. You could mount each amp on strips of MDP running across the back of that middle box. By the way, are you getting the XLR2 version of the A370 amp? If so, you can slave the second amp off the first on each side (left channel and right), making adjustments easier.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
I am working toward the HX800XLR3 amps.  Only need two for both 6x12" servo arrays.

I have the large external chassis that sits on the floor from the Super-V's.  Plan to build two wiring harness per side to wire each half of the 6x12" array.  Then take each half to the HX800 amp.  The crossover has balanced outputs to drive the servo amp XLR inputs. 

For the 2x12" servo sub, I am using the HX300 amp that I have for the 3x8" servo array.  Will be testing the wiring array idea with this amp before building the full setup. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Second pair of 12" Servo Subs installed into the 1x12" H-Frame modules.

Will be wiring them up tomorrow to the HX300 amps.

Captainhemo

Reading your thread is gibing me itchy fingers here Rich.... hoping to get the cabinets back soon.
What's the word on those HX800's  ?  Are they available now or   .......

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
jay,
Danny said that he can order them when I am ready.  If you want them, just give him a call.  They are on the Rythmik website as the HX800XLR3, but not GR-Research yet. 

bdp24

I am working toward the HX800XLR3 amps.  Only need two for both 6x12" servo arrays.

I have the large external chassis that sits on the floor from the Super-V's.  Plan to build two wiring harness per side to wire each half of the 6x12" array.  Then take each half to the HX800 amp.  The crossover has balanced outputs to drive the servo amp XLR inputs. 

For the 2x12" servo sub, I am using the HX300 amp that I have for the 3x8" servo array.  Will be testing the wiring array idea with this amp before building the full setup.
Even better! I hadn't seen the HX800 (I just looked at it on the Rythmik amp page), but that's the perfect amp for your 6-woofers a side needs, 3 per each channel of the amp. By the way Danny, you gotta have a talk with Brian---on the Rythmik Forum he keeps telling people they can hook up four of the "16" (actually 12) ohm woofers to the A370 and H600 plate amps!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Second pair of servo subs installed in the modules.  Wired up the left channel drivers and will work on the right channel tomorrow.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Another pair of 6 x 12's. These were shipped as (4) 3 x 12" unfinished units that bolt together. I changed the look a little by adding 1/8" reveals between the cap and base and insetting the grille like I did on the Super 7's. They stand proud by 1/8" and have a 1/8" round-over on the vertical edges.

Here's how they look in a 3 x 12" configuration.

Ruben

SoCalWJS

Second pair of servo subs installed in the modules.  Wired up the left channel drivers and will work on the right channel tomorrow.

Alright Rich - how did I miss these? (or did I.....)

I was just talking with Anne about a Neo 3/Neo 8 or 10 Wedge to sit on top of a pair of 12" OB H-Frame as a possible solution in the new house.

Do you have these working yet?

Captainhemo

Alright Rich - how did I miss these? (or did I.....)

I was just talking with Anne about a Neo 3/Neo 8 or 10 Wedge to sit on top of a pair of 12" OB H-Frame as a possible solution in the new house.

Do you have these working yet?

Can you feel the ground shakin' yet  ?  :lol:

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
SoCalWJS,

The NEO3/NEO10 combo are working with the 3x8" servo subs.  Sound great with the MS-3 and dspMusik digital crossover biamped. 

I am wiring up the two 2x12" this week.  Had a bit of a setback the last two weeks, but ready to get back to wiring.

No need for the full two 6x12" servo arrays until the new line array idea is ready.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
The two 2x12" servo subs for the NEO3/NEO10 OB three way speakers are wired and first one is working.

Checking the wiring on #2 one more time before firing up the HX300 amp. 

Will be doing measurements and setup with the dspMusik for the three way crossover system once both the subs are running.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Finally both 2x12" servo woofers are running. 

Next up, speaker measurements to setup the dspMusik with the servo subs in the three way crossover system.