Gary Dodd now in surgery

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Re: Gary Dodd now in surgery
« Reply #20 on: 20 Nov 2013, 02:26 pm »
up to a 20 hour surgery, and it has been changed, they moved it to today, this am at 7, so it has started.  It will take 6 to 7 hours just to get him prepped and hooked up to the machine(s) that will breath and pump his blood for him during the surgery   :o

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 20 Nov 2013, 02:33 pm »
Wow!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #22 on: 20 Nov 2013, 02:37 pm »
God speed.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #23 on: 20 Nov 2013, 02:38 pm »
I called yesterday, but didn't get an answer.  At this point, all we can do is hope and pray.

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 20 Nov 2013, 02:43 pm »
Praying for Gary.

Please keep us updated.

jparkhur

« Reply #25 on: 20 Nov 2013, 03:02 pm »
If I lived closer and TT was not working so much I'd go over and switch out the new V1 cabinets in his living room as a nice surprise for when he gets home and has nothing to do but listen to music and recover...

Road Trip?  My guess is they are still empty......

JP

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #26 on: 20 Nov 2013, 03:31 pm »
Pulling for you, Gary.

We pray for your complete recovery!

playntheblues

« Reply #27 on: 20 Nov 2013, 03:44 pm »
jparkhur and dear friends
     Gary's wife Elise is struggling and going to the food pantry for hand outs,  rent is past do a month or so as are the utilities etc.  I know we can't go to the well to many times but they need some funds or Gary will not have a home to go to when he gets out in a few weeks.  When I was visiting him in the hospital last night and asked him if he needed anything or what we could do to help.  He said he just needs funds for Elise and him to make it for a few months while he recovers.  Gary is very proud and I believe he would repay as he can.  The speakers would be a very nice jester but having a place to put them would be even nicer.

On a lighter note his defibulator and new heart parts made from  human stem cells have all been donated by the manufactures.  The hospital and doctors are donating there time an equipment, this is like a million dollar lotto ticket.  All of this is a huge blessing for Gary, at this point all he needs is a little help with the incidentals and I think he will be out of the woods.  Key word there is little???  I think about 3 to 5k will get him up on his feet.

Any ideas?

If we could get 50 people to donate 100.00 he would be able to make it through his recovery and get started making great audio gear again   :thumb:
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2013, 10:03 pm by playntheblues »

mikeeastman

« Reply #28 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:06 pm »
Is there anything set up for us to send donations to Gary?

roscoeiii

« Reply #29 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:07 pm »
There was a fundraising site for Gary earlier. Is it still active?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #30 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:08 pm »
I was listening to my Dodd phono pre through my Dodd Pre fed into my Dodd amp last night and enjoying the music through Gary's genius. 
I'm in for $100.
And, I'll send along a copy of my favorite Rachmaninov 2nd Concerto on DG to the next $100 donor to post here. Who knows, give something, get something... karma

Guy, are you going to organize this?  Danny?  Shall I just send a check?

roscoeiii

« Reply #31 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:15 pm »
Bill (totally spacing on his AC username) set this up a while back, but no activity on it in 8 months. And probably a fresh set-up would be better, so as to not give folks who aren't following closely the impression that lots of progress has been made since this is a new, different situation.

http://www.gofundme.com/1yn4rc#description

So maybe something like that would be easiest and have the best chance of success, since a link could be sent out far and wide?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #32 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:18 pm »
Another option is to PayPal the money to Gary's account.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #33 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:26 pm »
I'm out and about now, but will do so as soon as I get home.

Hope it all goes well. Thoughts and prayers to Gary through this whole event

mboxler

« Reply #34 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:27 pm »

Should we make sure Elise has Gary's Paypal password first?  Otherwise she may not be able to get to it.

Mike

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #35 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:30 pm »
   May God be with you Gary. Wishing you the best.

charles

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #36 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:32 pm »
I sent Elise a message and waiting for a reply.

playntheblues

« Reply #37 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:35 pm »
You guys are all such good good friends!  I think one place where we can see how much is accumulating would be more helpful.  Otherwise we won't know if we make our goal if its short or not!  Or we could start a new thread for the donations and as you donate add you amount to your post and tally it up as we go.  This way we can get a handle on how much is needed or not.  What do you all think?

roscoeiii

« Reply #38 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:37 pm »
You guys are all such good good friends!  I think one place where we can see how much is accumulating would be more helpful.  Otherwise we won't know if we make our goal if its short or not!  Or we could start a new thread for the donations and as you donate add you amount to your post and tally it up as we go.  This way we can get a handle on how much is needed or not.  What do you all think?

+1.

I like the idea of a link we can pass around. That seemed to work very well when Gary needed help 8+ months ago. That GoFundMe site seemed to work quite well.

playntheblues

« Reply #39 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:39 pm »
The good news about paypal with a running total on a thread here is that they will have the funds right away and won't have to wait for the total and then a check.  As Elise gets the funds I am sure she will be keeping the wolfs at bay, IE: water, electric etc. etc. etc.

Let me talk with Elise maybe we can set up a new paypal account in her name, for better access.