BP 1.5 To MPLS-2 Connection Clarification

95Dyna

BP 1.5 To MPLS-2 Connection Clarification
« on: 25 Nov 2014, 06:27 pm »
James,

The website and the product manual are somewhat ambiguous as to how the BP 1.5 is connected to the MPLS-2 PS.  The manual only illustrates connection to the single outlet MPLS-1 which requires a daisy chain connection from MPLS-1 > BP 1.5 in > BP.1.5 out > BP26 in.  The website refers to this same daisy chain connection as the method to connect the BP 1.5 to an MPLS-2 already in place serving another Bryston product e.g BP26.  Since the MPLS-2 has (4) outlets to the MPLS-1's single outlet why could you not plug the BP 1.5 directly into one of the other outlets.  Wouldn't the direct connection provide better performance for both the BP 1.5 and BP 26?

Thanks,

Bill

Mike Pickett

Re: BP 1.5 To MPLS-2 Connection Clarification
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2014, 08:10 pm »
Hi Bill;

The manual on our website is quite out of date at this point, and actually predates the MPS2 itself.   The BP1.5 ships with an XLR6 to DIN cable that allows it to plug directly in to an unused output on the MPS2. 

The wording on the BP1.5 web page appears to be copied, pasted and edited from an earlier version of the page, and will be corrected shortly.  No daisy chaining is required; sorry for the confusion here...

Thanks,

Mike

95Dyna

« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2014, 10:04 pm »
Thanks Mike!  I'm going to be upgrading to the BP 1.5 along with some other items and am in the "rack space/configuration" phase where overlooked details can turn into installation surprises  :thumb:

BTW, sorry about the MPLS error.  I work in the voice and data networking industry where a MPLS managed transport facility is required for successful voice transmission over IP networks.  Can't get this stuff out of my head  :duh:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2014, 09:25 pm »
Thanks Mike!  I'm going to be upgrading to the BP 1.5 along with some other items and am in the "rack space/configuration" phase where overlooked details can turn into installation surprises  :thumb:

BTW, sorry about the MPLS error.  I work in the voice and data networking industry where a MPLS managed transport facility is required for successful voice transmission over IP networks.  Can't get this stuff out of my head  :duh:

You must tell us what you think when you get yours Bill  :D

Be well...

95Dyna

« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2014, 06:58 pm »
Thanks Andy.  Now I know exactly what my stack will look like.  Sitting next to the venerable X-05 no less. Mine will sit one shelf down from my K-05.