BDP-2 Digital Player

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BDP-2 Digital Player
« Reply #1160 on: 20 Aug 2015, 12:20 am »
Hi,

In the BDP-2, is there a way to "save" the default playlist so that it can continu to where it was at when the BDP-2 was shutdown ?  (It would also be nice to have the possibility of "auto-play" to continu playing the list uppon startup)

(If not, this could be a nice little feature to add...)

Another feature request;

It would be nice in the NAS setup if we could enter a "alias" for this particular library.  This alias would be displayed (and used) by the Media Player (and any other service...) instead of concatenating the share name with the remote NAS.

Thank you for your time!

Take care!

I've made note of the requests, both are reasonable and will simply take time to develop, when I find the time.

lycia

« Reply #1161 on: 20 Aug 2015, 03:08 am »
Chris:

My BDP-2 cannot see any of my DACs in  ‘Audio Devices’. How do I get them to show up?

The BDP will play music through them however, including DSD where applicable.

This was actually a browser problem - my Chrome browser does not see the Audio Devices. At Chris' suggestion I tried another browser and with IE the Audio Devices became visible.

Marius

« Reply #1162 on: 20 Aug 2015, 04:55 am »
+1 there!
Ive asked that for a very long time now.... Hope Chris finds time for it. It would really make the BDP leave the roughish computer interface it still has, and make it a more polished and elegant music-player.

fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Marius

Another feature request;

It would be nice in the NAS setup if we could enter a "alias" for this particular library.  This alias would be displayed (and used) by the Media Player (and any other service...) instead of concatenating the share name with the remote NAS.

Thank you for your time!

Take care!

Marius

« Reply #1163 on: 20 Aug 2015, 04:56 am »

great, Chris, thanks for this.
Marius
I've made note of the requests, both are reasonable and will simply take time to develop, when I find the time.

mslater915

« Reply #1164 on: 21 Aug 2015, 02:30 pm »
James,

I am having a couple of problems with my BDP-2 and was hoping you can point me in the right direction.

1) I can't change MPD from 18.21 to 19.9. While it shows that it is available in the drop down list, when I select it and move off of the page it defaults back to 18.21. I have tried all manner of things to try and update to the new MPD, rebooting, trying to apply changes, etc. but nothing seems to work. Can you walk me through this please?

2) Another strange thing is that following update of the firmware to S2.16 I found that I can no longer see my BDP-2 from my Windows machine in Windows Explorer. However, I am able to access it from a web browser. I noticed that the DLNA had been unchecked following the update so I have rechecked that box, but still nothing. I have an external hard drive attached to the BDP-2 through one of the rear USB ports and had regularly copied music files from my desktop to this drive in the past. There must be a simple explanation for why this is no longer working, I am hoping you can put me on the right path!

Thanks in advance!
Michael

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1165 on: 21 Aug 2015, 02:35 pm »
James,

I am having a couple of problems with my BDP-2 and was hoping you can point me in the right direction.

1) I can't change MPD from 18.21 to 19.9. While it shows that it is available in the drop down list, when I select it and move off of the page it defaults back to 18.21. I have tried all manner of things to try and update to the new MPD, rebooting, trying to apply changes, etc. but nothing seems to work. Can you walk me through this please?

2) Another strange thing is that following update of the firmware to S2.16 I found that I can no longer see my BDP-2 from my Windows machine in Windows Explorer. However, I am able to access it from a web browser. I noticed that the DLNA had been unchecked following the update so I have rechecked that box, but still nothing. I have an external hard drive attached to the BDP-2 through one of the rear USB ports and had regularly copied music files from my desktop to this drive in the past. There must be a simple explanation for why this is no longer working, I am hoping you can put me on the right path!

Thanks in advance!
Michael

1. Make sure you hit apply at the bottom of the page and then reboot the BDP2

2. Will leave that one for Chris to answer.

james

mslater915

« Reply #1166 on: 21 Aug 2015, 03:02 pm »
Thanks. That did the trick.

mslater915

« Reply #1167 on: 21 Aug 2015, 05:52 pm »
Is it possible that a key application or service has been blocked by my McAfee Firewall or AntiVirus program?

Is there a list of applications or services that should be running on my desktop that will find the BDP2? I believe bryston uses the bonjour service, but are there others?

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #1168 on: 27 Aug 2015, 07:30 pm »
Hi James,

Hope you are doing well.

I've really been enjoying the BDP-2 with the new Integrated Audio Device. Your engineering team has done a fantastic job.

In addition to all the other published comments, I've been hearing details in the music that I have never heard before! That is incredible.

Thanks,
Marc

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1169 on: 27 Aug 2015, 11:28 pm »
Is it possible that a key application or service has been blocked by my McAfee Firewall or AntiVirus program?

Is there a list of applications or services that should be running on my desktop that will find the BDP2? I believe bryston uses the bonjour service, but are there others?

Thanks

Have you tried using the IP address assigned to the BDP?

AJAudio

• The sweet sound of music...
« Reply #1170 on: 3 Sep 2015, 01:55 am »
Hi,

Question:

- How do you get "TV MODE" to show the actually playing song cover ?

Feature request:

- Shairplay
-- Possibility of changing the ID of the BDP-2.  At present time it looks like BDP + the "MAC address" of the connected ethernet cable
-- Possibility of setting a password.

Thanks!

Take care!

Norton

« Reply #1171 on: 3 Sep 2015, 09:14 am »
Hi,

Question:

- How do you get "TV MODE" to show the actually playing song cover ?

Feature request:

- Shairplay
-- Possibility of changing the ID of the BDP-2.  At present time it looks like BDP + the "MAC address" of the connected ethernet cable
-- Possibility of setting a password.

Thanks!

Take care!

Note that BDP2 already has Shairplay.  And from little I've played with it seems to actually work too..

AJAudio

• The sweet sound of music...
« Reply #1172 on: 3 Sep 2015, 11:57 am »
Note that BDP2 already has Shairplay.  And from little I've played with it seems to actually work too..

Hi Norton,

Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough...  :-)

My feature request was not the addition of Shairplay itself because it is already there, but more the addition of being able to configure the ID that it will broadcast to "Airplay client" and the possibility of setting a password.

Take care!

Rod_S

« Reply #1173 on: 4 Sep 2015, 05:13 pm »
Have any of you tried the 2xHD files from HDTRacks? If so how do they sound compared to say the 192/24 and 96/24 files? I can't go beyond 96/24 in my current setup so I was just curious what those 352/24 files bring to the table?

tdb4rdd

« Reply #1174 on: 5 Sep 2015, 08:10 pm »
I just managed to connect my new BDP-2 with SP3. However, I find now that MPOD & Bryston's built-in web interface shows duplicate albums / songs. How do I get it cleaned-up? Thanks in advance.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1175 on: 5 Sep 2015, 10:43 pm »
Update the BDP's database, wants that is done, go into your mPod/mPad settings and update the local cache.  If your still seeing doubles, try uninstalling and then reinstalling mPod/mPad.

Samurai7595

« Reply #1176 on: 8 Sep 2015, 02:19 pm »
Does the Bryston BDP-2 player support ROON?

https://roonlabs.com/

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1177 on: 8 Sep 2015, 11:49 pm »
Does the Bryston BDP-2 player support ROON?

https://roonlabs.com/

Currently it does not

Samurai7595

« Reply #1178 on: 10 Sep 2015, 05:42 pm »
Can someone point me to the user manual for the Bryston Media Player app that comes with the BDP-2 digital player?

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1179 on: 10 Sep 2015, 08:18 pm »
Received my BDP-2 yesterday. Updated the firmware. Could not be more thrilled. The best source component I have ever purchased.

Had a few technical questions and one glitch, called support this morning and resolved it in 5 minutes.

Bryston should be the envy of every other high end audio company.