Time for the sale of all sales. The deal of all deals!

Danny Richie

Re: Time for the sale of all sales. The deal of all deals!
« Reply #40 on: 12 Jan 2011, 05:37 pm »
All you X-Omni guys check this thread out: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=90165.0

I will also be updating the first post to show what is still available. I have good stock still on a lot of these, but some of the more popular finishes may be gone soon.

Danny Richie

« Reply #41 on: 14 Jan 2011, 03:00 am »
I found one pair of X-Omni's today with no grills. So if you are wanting a pair with no grills then this is the pair for you.

jephdood

« Reply #42 on: 17 Jan 2011, 07:54 pm »
Also, the ninja sells a metal grill dampening kit for $5..  I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes in the effect you're talking about, but the option is out there for people to try.

http://www.skiingninja.com/Metal-Grill-Dampening-Kit-p/grilldmk.htm

Just a little tip for those of you picking up any of these speakers, TAKE OFF THE METAL GRILLS, both front and rear!!

I've never ran the front grill on my X-Voce as I don't like the look but always had the rear one on. I took it off this weekend and couldn't be happier about my free "tweak" :) It is definitely clearer sounding with less "ring" to it. The grill must have vibrated or something (even though it was firmly screwed down) as there is an audible difference with it off. It looks a bit odd, but I'm getting used to it :) Plus, if you have a Ninja crossover, it'll get shown off even more so.

I remember reading a review on the X-Statik's and X-Voce and the reviewer did the same thing and really thought it made a big difference in the sound. I just wanted to pass on my 2 cents and let you know that it works in the "real" world too  :lol:

Scott

yamaha626

« Reply #43 on: 18 Jan 2011, 04:01 pm »
Hi All,
I'm the lucky individual who purchased the x-omni's in Mascary Rosa Diamond. I say lucky because this was the pair that Danny references in post #40 on this thread. I'm also saying lucky because these are wonderful speakers.
I'm using these speakers in a second system in our basement. Last summer our basement completely flooded out (4k paid to servicemaster to get it dried out...over 30 fans and dehumidifiers required to complete this task) and ruined a finished basement. Last fall we refinished the basement and for christmas we put in a new tv. I wanted to add better audio for the new tv because tv audio just isn't what it used to be but I didn't want to go with a surround setup (been there...done that). My original idea was to add a soundbar but then I ran across this speaker sale and I thought that the x-omnis might actually work well in a 2.1 setup.
So I ordered the x-omnis just on a hunch. Well the speakers arrived last tuesday, and were played for about 20 hours during the week (kids were at school so just music). I was impressed but this past weekend we watched about 4 football games, 1 hockey game, 1 basketball game and 2 movies with the x-omnis providing all the audio. These speakers are just really nice in this kind of arrangement. Great clarity, nice imaging, high WAF, didn't spend a ton of money...what more do you want me to say except these are a really good bargain.
Thanks Danny !, I'm a really satisfied customer.

sch

« Reply #44 on: 18 Jan 2011, 09:59 pm »
Hello All !!!
Just a short note to say THANKS again.  :bowdown:
You are a great group of people. :)
Santiago

Bioman

Any X-Omnis Left?
« Reply #45 on: 21 Jan 2011, 06:42 pm »
Danny, any of the X-Omnis left?

Danny Richie

Re: Any X-Omnis Left?
« Reply #46 on: 21 Jan 2011, 07:32 pm »
Danny, any of the X-Omnis left?

Yeah, lots of them.

ChrisM

« Reply #47 on: 21 Jan 2011, 07:48 pm »
How about the x-statics and if we have a problem with a woofer or tweeter do you have replacements?

Danny Richie

« Reply #48 on: 21 Jan 2011, 07:50 pm »
How about the x-statics and if we have a problem with a woofer or tweeter do you have replacements?

The first page lists how many of each are left. I have about 3,000 or more of those woofers on hand. So no worries on replacements.

ChrisM

« Reply #49 on: 21 Jan 2011, 07:54 pm »
I'll call ya later

jme5343

« Reply #50 on: 29 Jan 2011, 02:46 am »
Danny, I'm here on recommendation for someone with a set of x-statiks.  I'm interested in everything, the statiks, voce and omnis, but without sounding too vain, there's no way to get a matching set.  Which combo do you recommend that would have the closest colors?

Also, could you quote me shipping to 56537 for x-statiks alone and also if I were to buy a full set of everything.

deneb

« Reply #51 on: 29 Jan 2011, 09:04 am »
Yippee!  Placed an order for a pair of X-statiks, X-voce, bases, spikes, and no-rez yesterday!  :D

Been lurking for a couple months, pondering an OB-5 or 7 kit or another kit/design from somewhere else when I decided to take the plunge and ordered the X-statics.  Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like I won't give up a whole lot (cleaner, more detailed tweeter, more woofage in the 7) to the OB-5 or 7 and get a ready-made speaker that I can customize to scratch my DIY itch.  I ordered the xover upgrade from the skiing ninja as well.  My woodworking skills will be pretty maxed building larger sealed cabs for my 15" Dayton (parts express) subs anyways.

I appreciate all great info on this forum; it really helped me make an informed decision.

sl_1800

« Reply #52 on: 29 Jan 2011, 05:03 pm »
You will love the X-Statiks.

jme5343

« Reply #53 on: 4 Feb 2011, 11:22 pm »
Received mine today, I appreciate the quick shipment.  Can't wait to get my receiver tomorrow so I can check them out. 

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #54 on: 19 Feb 2011, 05:03 am »
It's been 3 years since I attended a get-together with my buddy, Cedric. It was my first time getting to hear these x-series speakers he had been telling me about.  I'd never heard of AV123 but after seeing how nice they looked on the website I was definitely curious.

Down in an unfinished basement surrounding several rows of chairs were 2 pairs of these really unusual speakers.  I saw a small sign next to one where I searched for a price.  It was around what I was expecting for such a well-built and real wood veneered cabinet.  Or so I thought.  I was shocked to find that it wasn't for each, the price I saw was for both! :o

Hearing them was also a surprise. Particularly when the accompanying subs were turned off.  The huge, electrostatic-like soundstage made my jaw drop. 

Anyway, with the help of Santi and Danny I finally got a pair!  These are just some of the most satisfying and fun speakers I've ever owned!  Not to mention beautiful. :thumb:

yukiginger

« Reply #55 on: 24 Feb 2011, 06:28 am »
Danny, can you describe the sound of the X-Voce versus the Onix Rocket Signature "Bigfoot" center (I don't have the matching fronts anymore so my question is whether the X-Voce would be a good replacement)? Also, any link to these finishes?

Thanks.

Mark

Danny Richie

« Reply #56 on: 24 Feb 2011, 02:14 pm »
Danny, can you describe the sound of the X-Voce versus the Onix Rocket Signature "Bigfoot" center (I don't have the matching fronts anymore so my question is whether the X-Voce would be a good replacement)? Also, any link to these finishes?

Thanks.

Mark

Not only are the paper cone drivers in the X-Voce a more natural sound, but with the dual mids in an open baffle, it is more transparent as well. No comparison really, at least for me. I'd take the X-Voce.

I'll have to take some more pics of the remaining X-Voce's so you guys can see what the finishes that are left look like.

Rightbrained

« Reply #57 on: 25 Feb 2011, 04:00 pm »
Any idea when you will be getting another shipment? Just want to try to get some matching finishes.

Danny Richie

« Reply #58 on: 25 Feb 2011, 04:12 pm »
Any idea when you will be getting another shipment? Just want to try to get some matching finishes.

They are making these anymore. I am just moving for them what was left.

Rightbrained

« Reply #59 on: 25 Feb 2011, 05:19 pm »
Yeah, I knew they weren't making them. I wasn't sure if you had received all the inventory.
 Thanks