• T.H.E. Show - Newport Beach: 31 May 2013 - 2 Jun 2013

T.H.E. Show - Newport Beach

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: T.H.E. Show - Newport Beach
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2013, 03:05 am »
I'll be bringing some bottles of the red stuff as well. Joined the Sterling wine club when we did the tour a few months ago, so I have some interesting things..... :green:

Sounds like I may be needing some Alka Seltzer, and getting into the room a bit late Sunday morning ...

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #21 on: 21 May 2013, 03:09 am »
So are we still good with 9 for dinner?
Sure.  We are coming from the Bay Area and are out of towners too.  We are having dinner Sat Night then returning.   What time do the cigars light up?  The website still does not post times and dates.  Will you have a room?   We'll stop by on Saturday.  Where you at?

We are a party of 9 so far.  I'll double down on the zin.

Love to hear your speakers.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #22 on: 21 May 2013, 04:15 am »
Yeah Hugh, you are dead on the money there are 7 of us and two of you right?   You are handling the reservation at Woody's.   We may have to send two people in your car.  Got room?   John's SUV can only hold 5.   Are you in for the cigar and vino ago go later?

I really liked the Empirical room last year with the TAD speakers and the modifyed John Curl big boy silver boxes.  It was one of my favorites.  Cozy listening.  Vapor this year with John Curl?  The Empirical demo was really impressive.  I'm looking forward to hearing you best those TADs.  I'll bring some extra ibuprofen, for either a wine and cigar overload or a bad speaker demo.  HAHA!  We are 9 for dinner right now at Woodys Wharf in Newport Beach.  Hugh from Angel City is hosting I don't see why we can't add two more.  It's up to Woodys.

See you behind the Orange Curtain soon. 

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #23 on: 21 May 2013, 04:37 am »
I think we are up to 10 now with Shawbros3 flying down.

It's going to be hard trying to beat those TAD speakers.

We'll have a van so we'll have room for a couple of people.
If you take some Melody home with you then dinner is on me, deal? :)

Yeah Hugh, you are dead on the money there are 7 of us and two of you right?   You are handling the reservation at Woody's.   We may have to send two people in your car.  Got room?   John's SUV can only hold 5.   Are you in for the cigar and vino ago go later?

I really liked the Empirical room last year with the TAD speakers and the modifyed John Curl big boy silver boxes.  It was one of my favorites.  Cozy listening.  Vapor this year with John Curl?  The Empirical demo was really impressive.  I'm looking forward to hearing you best those TADs.  I'll bring some extra ibuprofen, for either a wine and cigar overload or a bad speaker demo.  HAHA!  We are 9 for dinner right now at Woodys Wharf in Newport Beach.  Hugh from Angel City is hosting I don't see why we can't add two more.  It's up to Woodys.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #24 on: 21 May 2013, 05:00 am »
You have no idea Hugh.  It just might happen!  Just not until my ship comes in.  I like the PB-101 alot.   It sounds like a $ million in cash and prizes and that finish matches my speakers.   I'll have to borrow Morgans for a test drive.   

Imma need an extra suitcase for wine. 

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #25 on: 21 May 2013, 05:46 am »
You guys are saving room for me, right?  This is shaping up to be a fun weekend!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #26 on: 21 May 2013, 04:10 pm »
But of course.
You guys are saving room for me, right?  This is shaping up to be a fun weekend!

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #27 on: 21 May 2013, 07:39 pm »

We will likely be demoing the Empirical DAC with the Vapor Nimbus (brand new, massive, 15" high sensitivity 3-way) and the Arte Forma Signature 40W 805 SET.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #28 on: 21 May 2013, 08:33 pm »
Where can we find information about the elusive Nimbus? 

That is a sweet looking SET amp.  Very clean looking.  It ought to be a great demo.  Looking forward to it.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #29 on: 21 May 2013, 08:48 pm »
Where can we find information about the elusive Nimbus? 

That is a sweet looking SET amp.  Very clean looking.  It ought to be a great demo.  Looking forward to it.

Some teaser info here, but full details will be on www.vaporsound.com by the end of this weekend.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=115968.0

SoCalWJS

« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2013, 11:46 pm »
Wow. Less than a week away.

Looking forward to next weekend. Good music on good gear with other enthusiasts. Good drink and food to follow.  :thumb:

( :beer: here's hoping the elevators hold up)

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #31 on: 30 May 2013, 04:57 pm »
Triode Wire Labs will be providing the power cabling in the Angel City Audio room (Atrium 220) along with Melody HiFi and M&G Audio.

Triode Wire Labs will be also powering the Merrill Audio Veritas monoblocks in Hilton 1011 with Channel D & Lynx Studio Technology.

Wish I could be there but I'm just too darn busy getting a new speaker cable line-up to market and working on a joint venture with P.I. Audio Group...

Enjoy & have fun in Newport!  :beer:
Pete

PS - Hopefully see some of you at the Capital AudioFest in July!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2013, 04:59 pm »
This starts in just over 24 hours  :bounce:

Isn't anybody else excited?

I'm planning on arriving around noon tomorrow and will, eventually through the course of the weekend, hit everything. I will have a simple camera with me. I usually photograph each room (so I can better recall the rooms later).

If anybody has any requests, let me know. I will surely try to get photos and post them here after the show that day (or first thing the next morning).

SoCalWJS

« Reply #33 on: 30 May 2013, 05:02 pm »
Triode Wire Labs will be providing the power cabling in the Angel City Audio room (Atrium 220) along with Melody HiFi and M&G Audio.

Triode Wire Labs will be also powering the Merrill Audio Veritas monoblocks in Hilton 1011 with Channel D & Lynx Studio Technology.

Wish I could be there but I'm just too darn busy getting a new speaker cable line-up to market and working on a joint venture with P.I. Audio Group...

Enjoy & have fun in Newport!  :beer:
Pete

PS - Hopefully see some of you at the Capital AudioFest in July!
I was hoping to see you there. :( Maybe RMAF in October. I will definitely be stopping by room 220 at the Atrium.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #34 on: 30 May 2013, 05:17 pm »
I was hoping to see you there. :( Maybe RMAF in October. I will definitely be stopping by room 220 at the Atrium.

Hey John,
Was looking forward to seeing you as well but unfortunately too much "stuff" going on in the East Coast right now to make a trip out to Newport...  :cry:

Have a cold one for me,
Pete

Cheeseboy

« Reply #35 on: 30 May 2013, 05:25 pm »
There is a high end electronics expo at this event? 

I thought it was for wine and cigar tasting?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #36 on: 31 May 2013, 02:43 am »
There is a high end electronics expo at this event? 

I thought it was for wine and cigar tasting?

:o

You scare me sometimes Steve.......

Cheeseboy

« Reply #37 on: 31 May 2013, 03:56 am »
Can you dig those shoes?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #38 on: 31 May 2013, 01:41 pm »
Went through my wine selection and am packing a 2007 Sterling Diamond Mountain Cabernet. Never had it before and not sure if it qualifies as a "small batch" or not  :dunno: Hope it's pretty good.

See everybody tomorrow and a few today.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #39 on: 31 May 2013, 02:33 pm »