tube preamp to go with my dac4800a

Shear Bliss VMPS

Re: tube preamp to go with my dac4800a
« Reply #20 on: 27 Mar 2016, 03:52 pm »
On the XLR adaptors ..... running my 20ft Sonoran RCA ICs to my Ultra Cherry works fine without the ground extensions, I simply just use the RCA to XLR ends. My Audio Mirror tube preamp didn't prefer using the ground lift end, producing terrible noise. I guess some experimentation the key, nice to have the grounding options thou, who else in this business offers this kind of forethought ???

Will be full balanced once my TL-DAC DAC arrives turning to my Classe CP-35 mkII preamp.

DW

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: tube preamp to go with my dac4800a
« Reply #21 on: 27 Mar 2016, 05:39 pm »
On the XLR adaptors ..... running my 20ft Sonoran RCA ICs to my Ultra Cherry works fine without the ground extensions, I simply just use the RCA to XLR ends. My Audio Mirror tube preamp didn't prefer using the ground lift end, producing terrible noise. I guess some experimentation the key, nice to have the grounding options thou, who else in this business offers this kind of forethought ???

Will be full balanced once my TL-DAC DAC arrives turning to my Classe CP-35 mkII preamp.

DW
Great news on the very nice preamp with balanced inputs.  The DAC DAC is going to amaze you!  Thanks.