Great shots from T.H.E. Show in Newport

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« on: 9 Jun 2011, 09:31 pm »
Here's a link to some great shots/coverage of the Newport show from my friend Todd on AA.  Plus one that I took of our room that I shared with WyWires, Zesto Audio & ModWright.    Thanks & Enjoy.  Fritz

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/59/593299.html

« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2011, 07:05 pm by fritzspeakers »

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: Great shots from T.H.E. Show in Newport
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2011, 09:33 pm »
Fritz,

We'll need to have a drink next month. :)

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2011, 03:29 am »
Now that's a lot of pictures!

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2011, 04:42 pm »
great pics, thanks!!!!!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2011, 04:56 pm »
Too bad they are not labeled, there's some cool stuff that I'd love to check out more.

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2011, 06:56 pm »
Michael Lavorgna did a very nice job on reporting the gear used in many of the rooms on his Stereophile blog.  Scroll down on the home page a bit to check out several pages.    http://www.stereophile.com/

He was so enchanted with the great sounding music in our room that he forgot to take any inside pictures.  Here's the pic that was originally posted on the blog.  Stereophile was kind enough to use the one that I sent them.

Hugh-  Yes, We will have to hoist a couple of those good cold ones @ the CA AUDIO show in SF!

capwkidd

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2011, 02:13 am »
I took a whole bunch of pictures, and tried to take down notes of prices (of speakers at least), and impressions.... I tried to hit all the rooms... and I am surprised when I see a picture of something I did not see at the show.... one of the pictures in that long link of pictures, must have been in the ESS room, but the speakers had weird drivers that looks like pools of sand...

Would people be interested in my pictures and notes?

fritzspeakers

• Industry Participant
  • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
    • FRITZSPEAKERS.COM
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2011, 11:38 am »
Hi Capwkidd-  Absolutely!  Please post any pictures & thoughts that you have about this great audio show.  I've only recently started showing my speakers in the last couple of years & this Newport show was one of the best that I've attended & not only as an exhibitor.

Sorry I missed meeting you (and many others) in person, since I was hardly in my room the whole time.  "Where's Fritz?..."   I was like a kid in the audio candy store, checking out all the goodies & visiting many folks that I've met over the years.  I have to thank my room partners- Alex & Nina of WyWires & George & Carol of Zesto Audio for putting up with my delinquent behavior.  I promise to spend more time in our room at the upcoming CA Audio Show in San Francisco July 15 -17th.   Yeah, Right!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2011, 02:25 pm »
Wow!  Fabulous!

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2011, 04:01 pm »
Too bad they are not labeled, there's some cool stuff that I'd love to check out more.

I agree and it would have been nice for some type of organization into categories.  It was like having too much candy without being able to eat any 8)