Cherry Amplifier® ---- What We're About 🍒

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Digital Amplifier Company DAC4800A and Cherry amps
« Reply #80 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:15 am »
AmpDesigner333 ....
We do have a reputation (from actual customers), although it is not confirmed yet by thousands of users, but then again this was the same case for companies like Krell when they got their start!

So....a question...about how many of your amps have you sold ? Thanks... :thumb:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #81 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:18 am »
why dont you send an amp to an AC member to then send around to others. I believe other companies have tried this "product tour" approach. 

We are taking our time with this.  When presented with the option of selling a unit to a trusting new customer or giving one away for a "potential review" we choose the customer.  We owe everything to our customers and never forget that.  Subscribe to our newsletter if you are interested in special deals:
http://www.digitalamp.com/news.htm

We are considering a special for AC participants.  If you are interested, please send a PM.

Thanks.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #82 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:22 am »
AmpDesigner333 ....
We do have a reputation (from actual customers), although it is not confirmed yet by thousands of users, but then again this was the same case for companies like Krell when they got their start!

So....a question...about how many of your amps have you sold ? Thanks... :thumb:

Wow!  I was wondering when someone would finally ask this!  We hold that information private, but let me say that it is significant.  The Cherry is pretty new, but the DAC4800A has been selling for quite some time (more than a year).  We are building them as fast as we can.  Thanks for your post.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #83 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:28 am »
AmpDesigner333 ....

Wow!  I was wondering when someone would finally ask this!  We hold that information private, but let me say that it is significant.  The Cherry is pretty new, but the DAC4800A has been selling for quite some time (more than a year).  We are building them as fast as we can.  Thanks for your post.

The only reason I asked is because I read a lot of sites....and your company has not been mentioned around in discussions....except now on AC.

Attending a Rave...or a product tour here on AC would get you some reviews...so people might have an idea how your product performs.

Good luck.... :beer:

IronLion

« Reply #84 on: 19 Aug 2008, 03:39 am »
why dont you send an amp to an AC member to then send around to others. I believe other companies have tried this "product tour" approach. 

We are taking our time with this.  When presented with the option of selling a unit to a trusting new customer or giving one away for a "potential review" we choose the customer.  We owe everything to our customers and never forget that.  Subscribe to our newsletter if you are interested in special deals:
http://www.digitalamp.com/news.htm

We are considering a special for AC participants.  If you are interested, please send a PM.

Thanks.

My best guess would be that you wouldn't receive any orders from other AC members (special prices and all) unless you sent an amp around for people to hear and post their impressions.  As others have mentioned, a lack of any user opinions or professional reviews would make anyone wary of putting down hard earned money when there are so many alternatives in this hobby (for both more and less money) from more established companies.

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #85 on: 19 Aug 2008, 04:03 am »
When presented with the option of selling a unit to a trusting new customer or giving one away for a "potential review" we choose the customer.

Well yea. lonewolf is right, we all read a lot of forums and hardly a blurb. Even audioreview that  is so easy to seed comes up nill. I was a bit concerned about the "thousands" of user comments earlier in light of the lack of user reviews. I do wish you well and obviously I keep an eye on this intriguing product and thread but honestly it would be very hard to pull the trigger.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #86 on: 19 Aug 2008, 04:16 am »
When presented with the option of selling a unit to a trusting new customer or giving one away for a "potential review" we choose the customer.

Well yea. lonewolf is right, we all read a lot of forums and hardly a blurb. Even audioreview that  is so easy to seed comes up nill. I was a bit concerned about the "thousands" of user comments earlier in light of the lack of user reviews. I do wish you well and obviously I keep an eye on this intriguing product and thread but honestly it would be very hard to pull the trigger.

There are customer reviews here (needs an update which should come soon):
http://www.digitalamp.com/DAC_REVIEWS.htm

And on Amazon (link is a shortcut, all 5 stars):
http://www.TrueDigitalAmp.com/

We are working to get as many customers to write reviews as possible.  People are busy, so this isn't always easy.  Read earlier posts in this thread for an explanation of why there aren't "professional reviews" yet.  Thanks for your post.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #87 on: 20 Aug 2008, 06:05 am »
FYI, less than a day left on the DAC4800A special (Ebay)...

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120294034573&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

Good luck, and thanks for all the great posts!  More later...

THE_ANSWERS

« Reply #88 on: 20 Aug 2008, 01:36 pm »

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120294034573&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

and if it doesn't sell?   like i said,   could audiogon have been better choice ?

mfsoa

« Reply #89 on: 20 Aug 2008, 01:51 pm »
Attending a Rave...or a product tour here on AC would get you some reviews...so people might have an idea how your product performs.

I have invited him to the October Rave at my place. Guess what?- He's a drummer too.

-Mike

jman66

« Reply #90 on: 20 Aug 2008, 01:51 pm »

Here's the link:

...and you're serious about $90 for shipping ?

mcullinan

« Reply #91 on: 20 Aug 2008, 01:56 pm »
Mike,
Are you going to have a drum off??
That sounds sick to me, but everything does.
Mike

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #92 on: 20 Aug 2008, 06:06 pm »

Here's the link:

...and you're serious about $90 for shipping ?

Willing to ship FREE to AC members in continental USA!

IronLion

« Reply #93 on: 20 Aug 2008, 08:28 pm »
Most importantly for me when doing business with any company, do you have a trial period or return policy?  You don't seem to have one as far as I can tell from your auction or website.   

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #94 on: 20 Aug 2008, 10:07 pm »

Here's the link:

and if it doesn't sell?   like i said,   could audiogon have been better choice ?

FYI, there is now a CHERRY amp on Audiogon, starting bid is $2999.  We'll see...  Thanks for your post.

2bigears

« Reply #95 on: 20 Aug 2008, 10:10 pm »
  :D need a 30 day return....this is S.O.P. these days.... :D

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #96 on: 20 Aug 2008, 10:11 pm »
Most importantly for me when doing business with any company, do you have a trial period or return policy?  You don't seem to have one as far as I can tell from your auction or website.   

30-day policy (see http://www.digitalamp.com/Cherry_amp2.htm where it's mentioned).  Amp must not be damaged and shipping must be insured for full value.  Return shipping paid by customer.  Thanks.

IronLion

« Reply #97 on: 20 Aug 2008, 10:13 pm »
Are there any terms to the 30 day return policy?  Any re-stocking fees or fees of any kind associated, or is it a %100 money back return policy?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #98 on: 21 Aug 2008, 12:04 am »
Are there any terms to the 30 day return policy?  Any re-stocking fees or fees of any kind associated, or is it a %100 money back return policy?

100% money back if the following is satisfied:
   You pay full-value (purchase price) insured shipping
   The unit must be undamaged and unopened
   All cables and accessories must be included (we ship new units with a heavy duty power cord and two RCA-to-XLR adapters)
   The unit must arrive no more than 30 days after the date it was shipped to you from DAC
   The unit must have been purchased NEW (not a demo or refurb)

We have a 10 day policy for refurbs.  Demos are guaranteed on a case-by-case basis, depending on condition and age.

Thanks for your post.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
time's almost up on the DAC4800A (Ebay)
« Reply #99 on: 21 Aug 2008, 12:22 am »
Link:

The price will go up after that.

About half an hour left...

Shipping cost will be refunded to AC members!

Also, if you have any comments on the Audiogon (Cherry) listing, please post them to this thread.

Thanks.