Gary Dodd update

kngale1

Re: Gary Dodd update
« Reply #20 on: 28 Feb 2015, 04:12 pm »
I like to add, if I was in Mr. Dodd situation, I surely don't want my life and every mishap broadcast on the internet.    I'll it at that.

johnnybravo

« Reply #21 on: 28 Feb 2015, 04:30 pm »
Thanks for the update(s) Danny.

Hey have you considered something like a GOFUNDME for Gary?  I have a friend with an incurable disease that has one.  I'm not sure how they work other than I think it's like an anonymous giving site - i.e. gofundmgarydodd.  May be worth looking into.

Another thought - since we probably all have a number of unused power cords and other cables around, maybe we can do a "cords of love" effort - we donate unused cords and somebody keep an inventory list to buy from. All proceeds to meds, etc.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2015, 04:41 pm »
Thanks for the update(s) Danny.

Hey have you considered something like a GOFUNDME for Gary?  I have a friend with an incurable disease that has one.  I'm not sure how they work other than I think it's like an anonymous giving site - i.e. gofundmgarydodd.  May be worth looking into.

Another thought - since we probably all have a number of unused power cords and other cables around, maybe we can do a "cords of love" effort - we donate unused cords and somebody keep an inventory list to buy from. All proceeds to meds, etc.

+1!

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2015, 04:53 pm »
We have been feeding him and resting him. He looks a little better now in the time he has been here. His stress level is down now and he is resting much better than he has been. Baby steps right now.

bardamu

« Reply #24 on: 28 Feb 2015, 05:16 pm »
Hello,
Chords of love? anyone interested in welding wire. I could ask at my company if there is new old stock. Looks like magnet wire so one needs to find teflon tubing to have it isolated. Greetings, Edward

RAW

« Reply #25 on: 28 Feb 2015, 05:55 pm »
We have been feeding him and resting him. He looks a little better now in the time he has been here. His stress level is down now and he is resting much better than he has been. Baby steps right now.

Danny you and your family are very special people :thumb: :thumb:

Please give Gary all my best.

This is how good friends and I do mean good friends take care of each other.

Al

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #26 on: 28 Feb 2015, 06:04 pm »

SoCalWJS

« Reply #27 on: 28 Feb 2015, 09:34 pm »
Glad to hear some positive news.  :thumb: :thumb:

As others have suggested, I think there is the potential to get a campaign of donating the proceeds of the sales of unused/no longer needed equipment and accessories, as well as a "go fund me" type of web fund raising that may help out.

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 1 Mar 2015, 06:05 pm »
Well, we were going to wait for the weather to clear so we could get back down to Dallas a pick up the rest of his stuff. But things sometimes never work out the easy way.

Gary's X was the one on the lease at the apartment. So technically she was the one being evicted, and Gary was a guy living there and not on the lease. The apartment manager told Gary's X that locks on the doors would be changed Sunday morning. So she told Gary that message at 3:00 pm yesterday. So we had to take off right then to go get the rest of his stuff.

My Dad helped out and followed us in his pick-up. We took the Suburban and trailer again. It was cold and the roads were wet...

Gary's X helped herself to some of Gary's personal belongings, took the car, his grill, and what last remaining money he had to his name. That put some added stress on Gary that he didn't need.

We loaded everything and both vehicles were completely full. We did get everything else he had left there that he wanted though.

The roads started freezing on the way home and there was some slip sliding around. And some slow moving at times. The bridges were solid ice and some stretches of road were also solid ice. We made it back in though and got home near 4:00 am.

So it was a long day...

But we are back, safe and sound, and we got Gary moved. Now on to the next challenge.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #29 on: 2 Mar 2015, 03:39 am »
Wish I had known.  My son lives in Dallas and has a Suburban and a car hauler.  Where are you based, Danny?

jcotner

« Reply #30 on: 2 Mar 2015, 04:12 am »
Where are you based, Danny?
Danny is in Wichita Falls area. I'm only an hour out of Dallas but my trailer is open, not enclosed,
so really not much use in this kind of weather.
Really strange thing is I saw Danny last Saturday and picked up some LGK drivers and did ask
him about Gary and he said he didn't know and it had been a while since he had talked to Gary.
Don't think that day either one of us could have imagined what sort of perdiciment he was in.
Man what a terible thing to have happen to him. Thank God he called the right guy!

Danny Richie

« Reply #31 on: 2 Mar 2015, 05:01 pm »
It was a rough night for Gary. His heart stopped last night in his sleep and his defibrillator kicked in and knocked him off into the floor. He's hurting badly today.

My wife just left with him to take him to where his loaded stuff is to try and find one last prescription refill that he has so we can get his meds. We are hoping this will get his system back into control.

If they can't find the old prescription then she is taking him to the hospital.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2015, 03:12 am by Danny Richie »

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #32 on: 2 Mar 2015, 05:46 pm »
What a trying time for Gary!  GOD bless you and your wife for what you're doing for him, Danny.

bdp24

« Reply #33 on: 2 Mar 2015, 07:46 pm »
Wow, this puts things n perspective, doesn't it? Makes one appreciate his or her blessings, 'cause as the song says, "There but poor fortune, go you and I". The people around me are dealing with all kinds of health issues (that's what happens if you live long enough---I'm 64), from spinal damage to lung cancer. I can't imagine what would become of Gary if not for Danny. Has he no family? Ex's don't count!

brother love

« Reply #34 on: 2 Mar 2015, 07:55 pm »
Thanks for all the updates Danny. Many of us AudioCircle members have been very fortunate to enjoy some of your & Mr. Dodd's  impressive creations. I'm pulling for Gary mightily & sending good vibes your way ...

Danny Richie

« Reply #35 on: 2 Mar 2015, 08:14 pm »
We got his meds. Now my wife is taking him somewhere to feed him and get some pills down.

She said he could barely walk and I know walking just a little bit leaves him gasping for air. So we are really hoping getting him back on his meds will make a big difference.

StevenZ

« Reply #36 on: 2 Mar 2015, 10:11 pm »
Sending positive thoughts your way.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #37 on: 3 Mar 2015, 03:15 am »
Danny,

Thanks for keeping all of us posted.

Please let Gary know that a whole bunch of folks are having good thoughts for him.

I only hope that if I ever have to go through something like this that I have Gary's strength. And friends like you and your wife.

Danny Richie

« Reply #38 on: 3 Mar 2015, 04:29 am »
Gary says it will take a couple of days for his meds to really get him regulated again, but as of tonight Gary seems to be marginally better.

He has been resting by the fire in the fireplace and watching some Street Outlaws to relax.

Keep the good thoughts, well wishes, and prayers flowing this way. Thanks for that.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #39 on: 3 Mar 2015, 04:31 am »
May the Lord bless you Danny. There are friends who stick closer than brothers.
Love in action!
Praying for you and Mr. Dodd.