Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers

FireGuy

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #20 on: 20 May 2015, 12:12 am »
FireGuy, You could make the other end of that room into a huge multi-cell bass horn.  :icon_twisted:

Titanic Suggestion...  :thumb:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2015, 03:35 am »
beowulf, a friend of mine shares your taste for interior decor and is into art and collectables from the 60's. He finds stuff and sells it on ebay on and off as a hobby, it's interesting what people will spend their money on...

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2015, 05:02 am »
OK, here's me, warts and all.  I just took the pic, no prep.  Didn't even straighten that acoustic foam below the screen. 

Lookin' at Omega Super 7 XRS with Alnico drivers and black bases.  The veneer is zebrawood.  The red tube units are Dennis Had's Inspire LP-2 pre and KT-150 amp running KT-77 power tubes.  Most music is streaming from a NAS via a Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6.  A pair of Rythmik F12 subs behind the Omegas.  Bottom left in the center rack is a Crown amp that powers supertweeters made from Yamaha Beryllium drivers.  They are behind the mains facing toward the ceiling (can't see them in the photo).

......Peter

ozoid

« Reply #23 on: 20 May 2015, 06:19 am »
It may not look like it, but the baffle of the speakers are a good 4 feet from the rear wall.  The Omegas are one of my best hi-fi purchases no doubt and still bring a smile to my face!

Great looking room. Is that rug a Miro design?

vinagunner

« Reply #24 on: 20 May 2015, 07:17 am »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:30 am by vinagunner »

lousyreeds1

« Reply #25 on: 20 May 2015, 06:02 pm »
I'll play.  Super 6 Alnico driven by Red Wine Audio.

beowulf

« Reply #26 on: 20 May 2015, 08:45 pm »
Great looking room. Is that rug a Miro design?

Thanks ozoid, the rug is made by a company called Safavieh and it's really good quality New Zealand wool.  The design has been around since the early 60's.  I think it was based on some mid century atomic wall paper or something to that effect.

Nice set ups. I'm sure they all sound good :thumb:
What strikes me is the variety of Omega creations. Seems like no one has the same speakers!

Beowulf, you must live in Scandinavia (Denmark?), judged by the interior of your room? Feel free to provide with details of your great rig.

Pretty far from Denmark actually ... I live in San Diego :green:, but I can see how you would think that as I collect and I'm interested in all things mid century modern (40's, 50's and 60's and sometimes referred to as the Atomic Age) from the USA (and Denmark who also had great furniture during that time period).  Some of my favorite designers are Eames, Noguchi, Cherner and Van Der Rohe.

As far as my main rig:

Speakers = Omega - RS7 drivers in a custom cabinet with walnut veneer.
Preamp = McIntosh C220.
Amp = Decware Taboo MK II and Decware Zen Select.
Source 1 = McIntosh D100 DAC.
Source 2 = Rega RP6 TT with Exact Cartridge.
Cables = ZenWave SL 17g Speaker and DD Interconnects, Decware Silver Reference Interconnect and Power Cables, Wireworld USB Cables.

Associated Gear = Asus Vivo PC with Windows 8.1 and JRiver Media Center 20 as my Home Theater/Music/Media front end, that feeds the McIntosh D100 DAC via USB, from media that is stored on a WD My Cloud NAS and I use my 65" Samsung HDTV as my Cable and PC monitor.

dspringham

« Reply #27 on: 20 May 2015, 10:28 pm »
My turn...

Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylans recently purchased from Rob at Audio Boutique (Canada). Thanks Rob!

beowulf

« Reply #28 on: 21 May 2015, 12:31 am »
@ dspringham - beautiful and cozy looking room!

dspringham

« Reply #29 on: 21 May 2015, 01:28 am »
Thanks Beowulf.

Closeup of Louis' beautiful workmanship in rich Walnut veneer...

rebbi

« Reply #30 on: 21 May 2015, 01:34 pm »

Yes, and thanks for the photos. Those are the first ones I've seen that give me a sense of just how large those monitors are.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #31 on: 21 May 2015, 07:38 pm »

Those pix are a revelation to me, because these speakers are MUCH bigger than I imagined them from the Omega website. It truly helps to see them "in situ". They must sound gigantic too.

PS = super stereo too!

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #32 on: 21 May 2015, 11:04 pm »
Those Alnico Monitors are big but NOT as big as appears in Davids lovely photo.  What makes them look bigger is the fact they are out in front of the of the rest of the gear. 

Comparisons of big monitors:

Omega Super Alnico Monitor ------ 20"H x 11"W x 14"D
Harbeth C7ES-3 -------------------- 20.5"H x 10.7W x 12"D
Harbeth HL5 plus ------------------- 25"H x 12.7W x 11.8D
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2016, 05:47 pm by Canada Rob »

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
« Reply #33 on: 21 May 2015, 11:43 pm »
When I think of monitors I usually assume a height of 11"-14". The Alnico does indeed look big when compared to the typical monitor. I like the look (and the size) of the Super 7, but if I were to buy them, I wonder if I would end up wondering if I'd be missing something - like the Alnico.

If only the Alnico would come in the Super 7 size .....

dspringham

« Reply #34 on: 21 May 2015, 11:49 pm »
Rob is absolutely correct - these are not all that big in reality.

In fact, these are the most compact speakers I have had in my room in the recent past. They are certainly smaller than the Harbeth SHL 5's I once owned. The footprint may be similar but the taller stands (ie shorter height of the Alnico's) give the sensation of a smaller package due to the larger amount of open space between the stand pillars.

I find the size perfect for my room with a listening position of about ten feet front baffle to listening position.

Another view with wider room perspective.

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #35 on: 22 May 2015, 04:40 am »
I want to thank Louis for his artistry.  The music was just beautiful tonight!  These speakers have wowed me so much, that I've ordered Alnico Monitors.  It is so great to have such confidence in a purchase.  None of those negative "what if" scenarios running through my head with this one.  A step up to what will likely be my speakers for a long time. 

Until then, it's Super 7 XRS with Alnico drivers:

.........Peter

vinagunner

« Reply #36 on: 24 May 2015, 08:48 am »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:30 am by vinagunner »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #37 on: 25 May 2015, 02:43 pm »
9 rigs, 1725 views, and counting.

Come on folks, don't be shy. Post some pics of your Omega system, please!  :P
Yes, there's lots more out there and we'd love to see them.  Great idea and great thread vinagunner!   :banana piano:

MarkR7

« Reply #38 on: 25 May 2015, 02:54 pm »
Gimme a couple of weeks!  :icon_lol: :thumb:

ju-sa

« Reply #39 on: 25 May 2015, 03:11 pm »
Hi All,

Pictures of one Omega set is coming as soon as I will find an decent camera somewhere.

BR,
Jukka
Helsinki, Finland