Replacing Hifiman sockets (HE-560)

rif

• Not a cowboy
Re: Replacing Hifiman sockets (HE-560)
« Reply #20 on: 6 Mar 2017, 01:39 pm »
I don't seem to be having much luck in getting Norne to actually ship me a pair of those adapters, so I may go back to the modding idea.

Thats odd and sucks.  I've had really helpful conversations with them/him.

JohnR

« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2017, 10:22 am »
Overloaded it seems. Anyway he did give me a refund and I've sourced a pair of adapters from an alternate source: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/182262519108

JohnR

« Reply #22 on: 6 Apr 2017, 02:27 pm »
Been using the adapters for a little bit now. Just chopped the ends off my existing Hifiman cable and soldered on some cheap 4-pin XLRs. They work well, the combined adapter+connector could potentially bump into your shoulders if you hunch or have a short neck or are wearing a lot of winter clothing. But so far so good, glad I got 'em :thumb:

JohnR

« Reply #23 on: 16 May 2017, 09:45 am »
Just updating this, been a bit over a month, the adapters are working nicely, I can focus on other things for now. Hard to recommend them as a permanent solution as I still have to be a bit careful about positioning the headphones on my head. Also the left screw connector still works loose, just as it did when I was using SMC cables.... there's a reason Hifiman ditched those connectors... I still intend to do the mod and fit miniXLRs to the headphones eventually. Just not a high priority.