Anyone hear the Poseidons?

Shredder

Anyone hear the Poseidons?
« on: 3 Oct 2016, 02:25 pm »
I have heard and liked the Ulysses and (I think) Argos at RMAF with Modwright gear. (I currently own an MW Transporter and KWA 150 SE). Daedalus is on my short list of brands for my next speakers. The Poseidons look very interesting but I can't find a word about them outside the Daedalus web site? Has any one heard them? Any thoughts and comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shredder

Re: Anyone hear the Poseidons?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2016, 02:30 pm »
BTW, I have seen the Positive Feedback review of the Daedalus room at RMAF from last year. Looking for more information and a focus on the speaker.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2016, 01:06 am »
BTW, I have seen the Positive Feedback review of the Daedalus room at RMAF from last year. Looking for more information and a focus on the speaker.

I think there will be a review from a mag coming on them but it will be at least six months out....

dodgealum

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2016, 01:33 pm »
Lou can you share a little bit about your design goals with the Poseidon? For those of us who own or have heard earlier models like the Ulysses, what are you trying to achieve with this speaker? I haven't heard all you creations but based on the several models I've heard over the years you have done a wonderful job crafting speakers that share a certain signature or profile--dynamic ease, proper tonality, unerring musicality and high resolution without any fatigue. Based on my experiences, the differences between models are fewer than the similarities but are sufficient to provide clients with enough options to select from the line based on budget and application. If there were no Poseidons in the field anywhere near Shredder, which model could he listen to that would give the closest approximation to the performance of the Poseidons?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2016, 01:39 pm »
I've heard just about every speaker Lou has ever brought to RMAF over the years.  I'll say this - they all sound more or less the same, from a quality standpoint.  The main thing you get when you go bigger (or smaller) is scale.  If you have a big room, get the bigger speakers.  If you have a medium/small room, get a medium/small speaker. 

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2016, 04:32 pm »
I've heard just about every speaker Lou has ever brought to RMAF over the years.  I'll say this - they all sound more or less the same, from a quality standpoint.  The main thing you get when you go bigger (or smaller) is scale.  If you have a big room, get the bigger speakers.  If you have a medium/small room, get a medium/small speaker.

There definitely is a house sound and it's good, just in case Tyson's comment is taken as the speakers being so so.  Lou's speakers have rich, organic tonality.  When set up right, imaging and staging work together to give you holographic goodness.  I, however, have heard them muffled at times too.  There was also a time when the "integrated amp" used didn't work for me -- life was sucked out.  Just like any speakers, you have to set them up right in a given space.  Choose well, deploy well, feed them good juice and you will be very happy.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 6 Oct 2016, 04:57 pm »

We really do keep the quality consistent throughout the product line. The differences have to do with suitability for different rooms and listening styles. The Athena and Ulysses are best suited for dedicated listening rooms, either small to medium (Athena) or medium to large (Ulysses). The Argos and Poseidon are designed for more open plans with a wider sweet spot, but they are also great for dedicated listening... I call these "desert island" speakers. :) The sound and presentation are pretty much the same with all. The stock Muse is more for a small room or near field, though they can easily fill a larger room, the crossover is not quite as refined as the other models but still a very fine speaker with amazing imaging for a three way.
Bottom line is that we do the best we can with every model and there are no "compromised" entry level models, the sonic differences are minimal as we work to make every model an "open window" with as little coloration as possible.

Shredder

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2016, 02:20 pm »
Thanks so much. I just got these responses as i was out of town.

I had mistakenly assumed that the Poseidon was a new top of the line model. I have heard the Ulysses several times and love them.