The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread

Danny Richie

Re: The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread
« Reply #240 on: 8 Dec 2017, 02:35 pm »
What size room would they require? Do they need room to breath like the SuperV?

Is the only pair in Tx located with Danny?

They will work okay in a small room if you can get them three feet or more out into the room. We made Super-V's work well at the shows in a room that was only 13' by 19'. I wouldn't put them in a room much smaller.

And I do have a completed pair of the Super-7's.

Danny Richie

« Reply #241 on: 8 Dec 2017, 02:37 pm »
For you guys interested in building a pair of Super-7's. I have everything you need minus the cabinets. Parts cost for everything is in the $3,500 range, but that includes it all.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #242 on: 8 Dec 2017, 03:33 pm »
They will work okay in a small room if you can get them three feet or more out into the room. We made Super-V's work well at the shows in a room that was only 13' by 19'. I wouldn't put them in a room much smaller.

And I do have a completed pair of the Super-7's.

How much for that completed pair, or is that something you don't want to advertise?

Danny Richie

« Reply #243 on: 8 Dec 2017, 04:22 pm »
How much for that completed pair, or is that something you don't want to advertise?

I'll take 10k for this pair plus shipping and I do have shipping creates.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #244 on: 8 Dec 2017, 04:44 pm »
Besides, I think that the Super 7's are a strong candidate for a "forever" speaker.

Yes.  Oooohhh yes!

Some other things that are great about the Super 7's that rarely gets mentioned - They are big speakers but they work well in small rooms.  Because the are OB, they also work well in non-symmetrical rooms.  Because they are fairly directional, they work well even close to side walls.  They are tall but also narrow and not deep, so physically they fit into a room pretty well. 

They are also the opposite of the "ruthlessly revealing" speakers that "show you how poor the rest of your system is".  They are one of the most detailed speakers I've ever heard, but they are not analytical at all.  So they allow you to actually enjoy the sound of your system, regardless of how "good" or "bad" the rest of your system is.  When you are ready to get higher end equipment, they scale right up.  So the rest of your system might evolve, but the Super 7's will likely stay put. 

If you're comparing them to the Super V's, the Super 7's beat them in areas like soundstage depth, scale, imaging, microdynamics, tone, transparency, refinement, and just sound 'bigger'.  The integration of mids/highs is also much better.  The bass is the same, of course. 

WC

« Reply #245 on: 8 Dec 2017, 04:46 pm »
For you guys interested in building a pair of Super-7's. I have everything you need minus the cabinets. Parts cost for everything is in the $3,500 range, but that includes it all.

That is why it will take few years for me to get them built. $3500 is too big a chunk for a one year outlay if I want to stay married. Build the subs one year and use with my existing speakers, get 4 Neo 10's and the 2 Neo3's the next year, then get the final 4 Neo 10's and the crossover components the third year.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #246 on: 8 Dec 2017, 05:03 pm »
If you're comparing them to the Super V's, the Super 7's beat them in areas like soundstage depth, scale, imaging, microdynamics, tone, transparency, refinement, and just sound 'bigger'.  The integration of mids/highs is also much better.

Well I guess that makes my Super Vs hammered dog shit......

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #247 on: 8 Dec 2017, 05:17 pm »

But very good sounding dog shit... with great bass.

Shakeydeal

« Reply #248 on: 8 Dec 2017, 05:43 pm »

But very good sounding dog shit... with great bass.

Well it's not like I've ever played in the upper echelon, but I have owned several speakers in the 10-15K price range and my hammered dog shit is their equal or better.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #249 on: 8 Dec 2017, 06:01 pm »

Not true.  The Super V's are great speakers.  The Super 7's are just once-in-lifetime exceptional speakers, IMO. 

Put another way, I'd totally agree with you, the Super Vs compete with $10k-$15k speakers, easily.  But the Super 7's are a $20k speaker that compete with $50-$100k speakers.  Of course we're seriously in the land of diminishing returns here, but that's what I hear.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #250 on: 8 Dec 2017, 06:24 pm »
I'll take 10k for this pair plus shipping and I do have shipping creates.

Maybe if I sell a car? Anybody interested in a 300Z TT?  :green: j/k

Screaming good price for what these speakers compare with. Gotta figure out a reasonable way to work something out. Sell my Super V's & my LS6's , then come up with some cash.

S Clark

« Reply #251 on: 8 Dec 2017, 11:45 pm »
Well it's not like I've ever played in the upper echelon, but I have owned several speakers in the 10-15K price range and my hammered dog shit is their equal or better.
Hey Shakey, I saw that photo and just had to post it.   
The SuperV's are obviously great speakers, winning best in show by several noted critics.  They are giant killers and have been since their emergence.  But as good as they are, the 7's are better.  The Super V's are high end speakers.  Dog shit??? C'mon.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #252 on: 9 Dec 2017, 07:15 am »

Danny Richie

« Reply #253 on: 9 Dec 2017, 03:37 pm »
Gosh I miss Gary.

Me too man.  :cry:

S Clark

« Reply #254 on: 22 Dec 2017, 09:45 pm »
Sorry, but the local company with CNC manufacturing capability isn't really interested in such a small run.  Thought I might have a cost efficient supplier... :(
Those looking for a Super 7 DIY option will have to look elsewhere. 

gab

« Reply #255 on: 22 Dec 2017, 10:12 pm »
Sorry, but the local company with CNC manufacturing capability isn't really interested in such a small run.  Thought I might have a cost efficient supplier... :(
Those looking for a Super 7 DIY option will have to look elsewhere.

How large a quantity would get him interested? And what would the cost be per panel for that quantity?

S Clark

« Reply #256 on: 22 Dec 2017, 11:25 pm »
I was talking about 24 panels, and got no quote.  I was hoping for <$200 per panel. 

Keithh

« Reply #257 on: 23 Dec 2017, 03:27 pm »
Since it sounds like there are no plans for the Super 7, it it basically the same as the Super V plans except for
the baffle? We have CNC machines at work and now have a 20x60 paint booth with a guy that can put
incredible painted finishes on MDF.

Danny Richie

« Reply #258 on: 23 Dec 2017, 04:25 pm »
I think there might be some other options for baffles.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #259 on: 23 Dec 2017, 10:38 pm »
Since it sounds like there are no plans for the Super 7, it it basically the same as the Super V plans except for
the baffle? We have CNC machines at work and now have a 20x60 paint booth with a guy that can put
incredible painted finishes on MDF.

The Super V and the Super 7 are not the same size. The Super 7 is much larger so all of the panels have to be different that the Super V.

What are you thinking Danny?