Cavalli Liquid Carbon

abernardi

Cavalli Liquid Carbon
« on: 15 Apr 2015, 03:06 am »
I don't know if you guys are familiar with Alex Cavalli, he's been designing headphone amps for many years, releasing his designs to the DIY community and then went into business making, what could be argued to be among the best headphone amps out there.  They've always been very expensive though, until today when he released the Liquid Carbon for $599.  The ordering page opened up this morning for a limited run of 500 amps.  I know there was a rush on it as soon as it went live, crashing the site several times.  I don't know how many are left, but I just checked the web page and it appears to still have a buy button. 
If you're looking for an amp, or always wanted a Cavalli, check it out.  I'm not affiliated with Cavalli Audio in any way, btw, I just really like his stuff and thought some of you'd like to know.

https://www.cavalliaudio.com/index.php?p=product_details&pId=11

JohnR

Re: Cavalli Liquid Carbon
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2015, 11:43 am »
It looks really nice at a nice price. (All relative.) It would be great if there were to more easily compare to his other offerings.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2015, 12:30 pm »
Too expensive, these prices are inflated.
There are better value at 3 grand.

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2015, 06:42 pm »
I heard the Liquid Carbon and its big sister Liquid Crimson at the NYC Head-Fi meet yesterday.  I listened through the Auralic Aries and Mr Speakers Alpha Primes and Ether headphones.  Pretty sweet!!  Big smiles and OH MY's!!

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

abernardi

« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2015, 09:42 pm »
Too expensive, these prices are inflated.
There are better value at 3 grand.

Fullrangeman, 
  The Liquid Carbon is around $600.  Having spent a little time with it, that's a pretty good value in my book.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2015, 09:45 pm »
Fullrangeman, 
  The Liquid Carbon is around $600.  Having spent a little time with it, that's a pretty good value in my book.
Iam referring to the others amps on the site sorry.

abernardi

« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2015, 10:00 pm »
Oh yeah.  I loved the Liquid Glass, but I couldn't quite swing it at $2800...