Headphone soundstage?

ajzepp

Re: Headphone soundstage?
« Reply #120 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:04 am »
My nephew says to me invent something,I have finally done it,stereo is again supreme
with my invention

Oh, what a surprise....George has once again decided to bring up his headphone amp that he sells...

I sent a PM to two people a few days ago when this thread started getting going to alert them to the fact that this is the only reason George graces us with his presence...he has a headphone amp that he peddles and he attempts to take advantage of an established forum here at Audio Circle for free word of mouth advertising. I told these two people it would only be a matter of time until he brought it up in this thread, just like he does in EVERY other headphone related thread, and here you have evidence of it once again. In my opinion it's disrespectful to those of us who post here simply because of a love of headphones and with no profit motive or agenda.

George has proved time and time and time again that he has an ulterior motive for being here, and I wish that others would support me in requesting his posting privileges be suspended with regard to the Headphone Circle.

Guy 13

« Reply #121 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:14 am »
Oh, what a surprise....George has once again decided to bring up his headphone amp that he sells...

I sent a PM to two people a few days ago when this thread started getting going to alert them to the fact that this is the only reason George graces us with his presence...he has a headphone amp that he peddles and he attempts to take advantage of an established forum here at Audio Circle for free word of mouth advertising. I told these two people it would only be a matter of time until he brought it up in this thread, just like he does in EVERY other headphone related thread, and here you have evidence of it once again. In my opinion it's disrespectful to those of us who post here simply because of a love of headphones and with no profit motive or agenda.

George has proved time and time and time again that he has an ulterior motive for being here, and I wish that others would support me in requesting his posting privileges be suspended with regard to the Headphone Circle.

Hi ajzepp and all Audio Circle members.
I agree and support your request.
I am sure George is a good guy,
but maybe he should think seriously to be an Industry Participant  :scratch:

Guy 13

milford3

« Reply #122 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:25 am »
PM sent to George.  I hate to suspend any member but this is getting a little wacky.  Now, back to my Schiit Lyr and Beyer DT 990's.  600 Ohm model of course.

ajzepp

« Reply #123 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:34 am »
PM sent to George.  I hate to suspend any member but this is getting a little wacky.  Now, back to my Schiit Lyr and Beyer DT 990's.  600 Ohm model of course.

What happened to the T1s?? Just giving them the night off?  :lol:

dalethorn

• Headphone: Blue Mic Ella; Amp: AQ Dragonfly Red.
    • DaleThorn
« Reply #124 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:52 am »
Well, let me try again, since I think that you are doing most of the attacking and rule making on this thread.

Some of us are brave enough (yes brave enough!) to admit that we can't hear a soundstage the way it is so commonly raved about in many headphone internet circles. We accept that what we hear is different than what we hear from a pair of speakers in a room, and that it ok with us. It is probably as it should be. It is not a deal breaker for most of us, and a few people have actually made suggestions for improving soundstage if soundstage is all that you are currently focused on.

For some reason this free exchange of information and personal experience is driving you nuts. You don't want anyone to say anything negative at all about headphones. Even if a negative comment is kept into perspective and only for the sake of discussion. We're not here to steal your headphone kingdom. We are only here to talk about headphones and try to get a better understanding of what other people are experiencing so we can put our experience into a bigger picture. That means we need to hear from everyone. Not just you.

That's what a forum is all about Charlie Brown.

Your new attack ("driving you nuts") is so transparent it's almost laughable. I'm not as impressed by your trolling as some others here are. Here's a clue for you - I don't get emotional like you do and suggest anyone is nuts. And please don't "try again" - you've done enough damage already.

milford3

« Reply #125 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:52 am »
Oh, I still have the T1's.  The 990's give me just a better "soundstage." :thumb:

ajzepp

« Reply #126 on: 17 Nov 2013, 01:58 am »
Oh, I still have the T1's.  The 990's give me just a better "soundstage." :thumb:

LOL, well played sir

dB Cooper

« Reply #127 on: 17 Nov 2013, 03:23 am »
I wonder if brawls ever erupt at the "Head-Fi" meets?

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #128 on: 17 Nov 2013, 04:15 am »
What?? We agree about something?? One of us must not be feeling well  :lol:

Oh it's not that bad... :wink: Maybe our new groovy love vibe 'll spread to others.  :D
Keep hope alive, my brothers.

D.D.

ajzepp

« Reply #129 on: 17 Nov 2013, 04:29 am »
I wonder if brawls ever erupt at the "Head-Fi" meets?

:lol:

K.F.

« Reply #130 on: 27 Nov 2013, 05:06 pm »
I got a pair of Sennheiser HD 800.
And when listening to really well recorded music with a deep sound stage,like this one; Carmen Gomes,Thousand Shades of Blue,
track 1,I'm on Fire

http://www.soundliaison.com/products-from-our-studio-showcase-series/1-carmen-gomes-inc

(it even sounds great just from the playback (mp3?) from the website,the 24/96 is mind blowing,but then you have to buy).
any way I prefer my HD 800 for this recording above my speakers,more 3 dimensional in my opinion.But to be fair I still have to improve my room acoustics.

milford3

« Reply #131 on: 27 Nov 2013, 05:47 pm »
I got a pair of Sennheiser HD 800.
And when listening to really well recorded music with a deep sound stage,like this one; Carmen Gomes,Thousand Shades of Blue,
track 1,I'm on Fire

http://www.soundliaison.com/products-from-our-studio-showcase-series/1-carmen-gomes-inc

(it even sounds great just from the playback (mp3?) from the website,the 24/96 is mind blowing,but then you have to buy).
any way I prefer my HD 800 for this recording above my speakers,more 3 dimensional in my opinion.But to be fair I still have to improve my room acoustics.

I listened to this recording with my Grado RS1's.  You are so correct.  Much better soundstage with the headphones over my main speakers.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #132 on: 29 Dec 2013, 06:45 pm »
So got into this late and listened to the op's original crosstalk links.  I couldn't hear any speaker like soundstage as detailed in the diagrams.  Headphones sound like headphones, it's a different experience.  Why would anyone hang onto the thought that headphones can image like speakers in a room?