Headphone Mania is.......

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Re: Headphone Mania is.......
« Reply #40 on: 30 Nov 2015, 08:24 pm »
I think Grado has a mystique that defies explanation.  The last time I advertised several headphones for sale, the only 2 that sold were the SR325e and the GH1, and I got 70 percent of MSRP for both.

My first entry into headphones was with a Grado SR80. I thought it was fantastic at the time... Oh how naive I was.

Grados established their market presence quite some years ago though, so their "brand" is known sort of like Bose. Sometimes history is enough to keep your sales going, despite lacklustre products. I don't like Grados anymore, but they make for fantastic trade fodder because people are always gobbling them up.

dalethorn

• Headphone: Blue Mic Ella; Amp: AQ Dragonfly Red.
    • DaleThorn
« Reply #41 on: 30 Nov 2015, 11:00 pm »
My first entry into headphones was with a Grado SR80. I thought it was fantastic at the time... Oh how naive I was. Grados established their market presence quite some years ago though, so their "brand" is known sort of like Bose. Sometimes history is enough to keep your sales going, despite lacklustre products. I don't like Grados anymore, but they make for fantastic trade fodder because people are always gobbling them up.

Here's my best attempt to flatten the sound of the $1700 USD PS1000e.  Should this seem too extreme, just check the Amazon reviews.

http://dalethorn.com/Photos/Audioforge/Grado_Ps1000e.jpg

SlushPuppy

« Reply #42 on: 29 Apr 2016, 01:55 am »
Got my first ever headphone system up and running tonight. Mytek Brooklyn DAC and Audeze LCD-2 headphones.
So far I'm very impressed!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #43 on: 29 Apr 2016, 02:16 am »
That's a very nice setup SP, you should be impressed.  Notice the level of detail that's better than almost any speakers you've heard anywhere near the price of the headphones, even several multiples of the price?

dB Cooper

« Reply #44 on: 29 Apr 2016, 02:24 am »
Got my first ever headphone system up and running tonight. Mytek Brooklyn DAC and Audeze LCD-2 headphones.
So far I'm very impressed!

Thats a pretty good start, all right...

SlushPuppy

« Reply #45 on: 29 Apr 2016, 02:43 am »
That's a very nice setup SP, you should be impressed.  Notice the level of detail that's better than almost any speakers you've heard anywhere near the price of the headphones, even several multiples of the price?

Yep, I noticed the extra detail almost immediately. I've listened to Todd Rundgren's "Runt: The Ballad of Todd Rundgren" all my life and never realized how many vocal layers he recorded on those songs. I really like my Von Schweikert VR-33's, but this is something special.