Firmware upgrades

JohnR

Firmware upgrades
« on: 15 Feb 2014, 09:58 am »
Hi Morten, I couldn't figure this out from your site. If you want to get a display module and the Hi-Z upgrade, do you need to order the firmware upgrade for the display as well as the Hi-Z upgrade?

Also, will the upgraded board then work with the Apple remote?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Firmware upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2014, 04:02 am »
Hi Morten, I couldn't figure this out from your site. If you want to get a display module and the Hi-Z upgrade, do you need to order the firmware upgrade for the display as well as the Hi-Z upgrade?

Also, will the upgraded board then work with the Apple remote?

Hi John,

Good questions and yes I can appreciated how it may get confusing but here's the clarification:

Any preamp firmware upgrade will include the most up to date HiZ, Display Module, and Apple Remote software regardless if you're buying the HiZ Upgrade or the Display Module. So if you buy the HiZ Upgrade, the firmware will also be Display Module ready and also work with the Apple Remote. If you buy the Display Module and have an older board that needs updated firmware in order to drive the display, the HiZ Upgrade comes along for the ride as does the Apple Remote capability. 

Thanks for asking. I'll also post this on the website under each of  these items since I'm sure you're not the only one who's wondered about this.

Cheers,
Morten

JohnR

Re: Firmware upgrades
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2014, 08:05 am »
Thank you Morten :)