XTC - Drums And Wires (High-Resolution) available for pre-order

SlushPuppy

I got the email from Burning Shed today:

XTC - Drums And Wires (cd/blu-ray) and (cd/dvd-a) is available for pre-order for a 27th October release  :thumb:

I just ordered the (cd/dvd-a)  8)

"Drums And Wires is the second in a series of expanded XTC album reissues, including 5.1 Surround mixes,
new stereo mixes and High-Resolution stereo mixes of the original material by Steven Wilson."

I've been spending a lot of money at Burning Shed lately. I have four Todd Rundgren albums, a Genesis Blu-Ray, and this XTC album on pre-order.

Cheers!

Slush

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Sweet!  I love XTC and it would be great to hear their stuff reissued in a high rez format.  I love pretty much all their stuff that I know (haven't heard all of it) but I'd say Nonsuch and Apple Venus Volume I are my favorites.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Thanks for the heads up.  While Nonsuch was only an ok improvement (spotty is best description) in hirez I would imagine D&W, Black Sea and English Settlement would be amazing!  Ten Feet Tall and Complicated Game in hirez, and surround?  Nice!  :)

Ordered!

Wolfpack85

The Drums and Wires cd/br is right up my alley. Will be ordering soon. Thanks for posting this.

SlushPuppy

FYI:

Got his in my email today:

"Hi

We are sorry to have to tell you that the master DVDA seems to have become corrupted during manufacturing.
All current copies of the DVDA are faulty and will not play the final two tracks as a result.

Replacement discs are being made and we will send you a fresh DVD-A disc when we have them.

You do not need to return anything, just wait for your corrected DVDA to arrive.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please note that the CD and Blu-Ray discs are not affected.

Kind regards

Marta

Burning Shed Support"

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Ripped my Blu-Ray and now have the original transfers in 24/192 and the 2014 mix in 24/96, moved into my JRIver library, along with the 5.1 stuff too.