New lower priced Bryston ‘IS Series’ BIT Product

SHV

Re: New lower priced Bryston ‘IS Series’ BIT Product
« Reply #60 on: 29 Mar 2012, 11:24 pm »
"is it ok -technically speaking- if some kind of these multiple inputs are used with a BIT (IS) unit in order to have more inputs"
I use several similar devices to connect 10-12 low current drawing components to a BIT 20.   Seven channels of Bryston amps and two Velodynes are connected directly to the BIT.

Steve.

larevoj

« Reply #61 on: 30 Mar 2012, 02:31 pm »
Hi James, thanks for your quick reply on all my questions.

I just placed and order for UK version BIT 16 silver with 17" faceplate. You mentioned that the International versions only has BIT engraved in the front faceplate and not 16. Is there a reason for it and how can one tell if its 4, 8, or 16??

I love the green switch  :thumb:

Yes the 240 volt 50Hz BIT versions are BIT-4, BIT-8 and BIT-16 and are the maximum AMP ratings.
BIT 8 would be the same as our BIT15

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #62 on: 30 Mar 2012, 02:46 pm »
Hi James, thanks for your quick reply on all my questions.

I just placed and order for UK version BIT 16 silver with 17" faceplate. You mentioned that the International versions only has BIT engraved in the front faceplate and not 16. Is there a reason for it and how can one tell if its 4, 8, or 16??

I love the green switch  :thumb:

Hi,

To keep the costs down as we can use the same faceplates on many more versions.

james

RonCH

« Reply #63 on: 16 Apr 2012, 01:18 pm »
Hi James,

Are you doing a mainland Europe version of the BIT?  More to the point, can I order one in Switzerland?

Regards

Ron

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #64 on: 16 Apr 2012, 02:01 pm »
Hi James,

Are you doing a mainland Europe version of the BIT?  More to the point, can I order one in Switzerland?

Regards

Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes just get in touch with the Bryston distributor.

james

RonCH

« Reply #65 on: 16 Apr 2012, 02:34 pm »
Hi Ron,

Yes just get in touch with the Bryston distributor.

james

Hi James,

Thanks for your quick answer.  I will place an order after I move house in September this year. 

Which BIT model should I look at?   I own a BP16 and two 7B SST amps.

Regards

Ron

bjski

« Reply #66 on: 17 Apr 2012, 06:52 pm »
I'm guessing I need a bit 20. The 7's are connected to a dedicated 20 amp line.
2 7/BSST2
BDA-1
BDP-1
BDC-1
Bat 32SE
any thoughts?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #67 on: 18 Apr 2012, 10:44 am »
I'm guessing I need a bit 20. The 7's are connected to a dedicated 20 amp line.
2 7/BSST2
BDA-1
BDP-1
BDC-1
Bat 32SE
any thoughts?

Hi bjski

If you have the new 7B's then the instantaneous current draw the BIT provides is not required so a BIT 15 for everything else makes sense. Also remember that the BIT also provides Surge protection and Isolation from the outside power grid as well so if you wanted those features on your 7B's then I would recommend the 20 amp BIT.

James

bjski

« Reply #68 on: 18 Apr 2012, 03:40 pm »
Thanks James! I would want the 20 Bit for the surge protection.

bjski

« Reply #69 on: 24 Apr 2012, 06:06 pm »
James,
I ordered my Bit 20 today from GTT Audio in New Jersey. Looking forward to having protection and a constant 120v in the summer months. We are notorious for having brown outs and low voltage. Wondering if I'll hear a difference in sound.
BJ

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #70 on: 24 Apr 2012, 06:15 pm »
James,
I ordered my Bit 20 today from GTT Audio in New Jersey. Looking forward to having protection and a constant 120v in the summer months. We are notorious for having brown outs and low voltage. Wondering if I'll hear a difference in sound.
BJ

Wondering if I'll hear a difference in sound.  - hope so!!!!

james

patrickm

« Reply #71 on: 24 Apr 2012, 09:46 pm »
James,
BJ

I don't believe the BIT 20 will help with brown outs, as I don't see AVR capabilities.  I purchased a Torus AVR to solve my power supply issues [but returned it due to issues].

bjski

« Reply #72 on: 25 Apr 2012, 12:47 am »
I'll have you know I'm using a Monster AVS2000 to protect my home theater system. :lol: Couldn't tell the difference with my 9BSST/2 and the rest of the system. :duh:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #73 on: 25 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm »
I don't believe the BIT 20 will help with brown outs, as I don't see AVR capabilities.  I purchased a Torus AVR to solve my power supply issues [but returned it due to issues].

hi, Patrick!

...what issues did you have?

thanks,

al.

bjski

« Reply #74 on: 25 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm »
My town is one of 10 in the state of NJ that supplies it's own power to the town. The town then uses this as another revenue source by adding an extra 7 cents a kilo watt.
The system is very antiquated. The power sub station floods out several times a year. We loose power constantly in the summer. The voltage will dip down to 106-104 volts during peak demand. The circuit board was ruined on my central air conditioning from the fluctuations in power. My refrigerator had problems caused by the low power. My home theater sub was ruined by one of the power surges. (before the Monster avs 2000)

We were without power for 6 days this past summer from the hurricane.

I don't play my 2 channel system when the voltage is low.However the home theater will play.
Regards,
BJ

patrickm

« Reply #75 on: 26 Apr 2012, 01:30 am »

hi, Patrick!

...what issues did you have?

thanks,

al.

I had purchased the Torus CS 15 AVR which is an amazing product and it kept the voltage 120V +/- 5V.  However, my unit [I have no idea if this has happened with others] would make an electronic crackle sound when the relays would make the change to the output voltage.   I'm not a big fan of additional noise so I returned the unit to my dealer.  I have a Torus CS 15 now and love it.  Kudos to Plitron.

bjski

« Reply #76 on: 20 May 2012, 04:46 pm »
Picked up my bit 20 Friday. Wow, took the veil off of the music. I thought my system sounded very clean before,the bit 20 brought it up a notch. I would describe it as getting the perfect cables. Well done James!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #77 on: 5 Jun 2012, 07:36 pm »
New BIT literature:

klao

« Reply #78 on: 5 Jun 2012, 08:46 pm »
Thanks for the listerature you sent via e-mail distribution list, James.   :thumb:

For international models, are you offering the US-style, three prong, 220V-240V, receptacles as an option (the type that TorusPower won't install for their int'l models)?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #79 on: 5 Jun 2012, 11:04 pm »
Thanks for the listerature you sent via e-mail distribution list, James.   :thumb:

For international models, are you offering the US-style, three prong, 220V-240V, receptacles as an option (the type that TorusPower won't install for their int'l models)?

Hi

No sorry not allowed - safety issues.

James