Vinnie Rossi LIO, coming in October, 2014?

firedog

Re: Vinnie Rossi LIO, coming in October, 2014?
« Reply #40 on: 4 Oct 2014, 09:12 am »
Vinnie-

Congrats on the new venture. The Web site is very nice and user friendly.

A couple of questions:

Are you planning on adding more detail about the individual modules?

When are there going to be any units delivered or sent out for review?

I am interested in hearing a bit of in use reaction before I buy.

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #41 on: 4 Oct 2014, 03:22 pm »
Vinnie,

Looked at the new website this morning.  It looks good and works easily.  Congratulations on the LIO.  If this sounds better than my LFP-V Edition Signature 15 amp that I purchased from you in August, it's got to be pretty amazing.  I too look forward to hearing more information on the modules and when you are planning on starting production.

Best of Luck,

Blu99Zoomer

Vinnie R.

« Reply #42 on: 4 Oct 2014, 09:15 pm »
Vinnie-

Congrats on the new venture. The Web site is very nice and user friendly.
A couple of questions:
Are you planning on adding more detail about the individual modules?
When are there going to be any units delivered or sent out for review?
I am interested in hearing a bit of in use reaction before I buy.

Hi firedog,

Thank you!  Yes - more detail will be added.  For now, click on the text next to each icon (e.g. "MOSFET amp") and it will open to allow you to
view details  and specs. 

If you have questions that are not covered, please post or email me.  I want to make sure that information is being presented as clearly as possible.

- Actual pics won't be uploaded to the site until we are close to production and have the production level enclosures and modules / boards (which will be red, not green).  For now, they are fairly accurate 3D renderings of the LIO.

- We will be entering production sometime next month (I estimate mid-November) and have already lined-up 5 reviews!  Review units will be sent out next month as well.  More will follow - so we'll be hitting the ground running with reviews and feedback to share.

- We'll be accepting orders in a few weeks and will build/ship in a queue.  First-to-order = first-to-ship. 

am interested in hearing a bit of in use reaction before I buy.

Vinnie Rossi LIO will only be sold factory-direct (to anywhere in the world), with a 30-day return policy.  This is covered in the FAQ section:
http://vinnierossi.com/frequently-asked-questions/

but please note that I will be updating FAQs (adding new ones, clarifying based on feedback, etc.).  Please contact me if you have questions not addressed on this page, and thank you!

Congratulations on the LIO.  If this sounds better than my LFP-V Edition Signature 15 amp that I purchased from you in August, it's got to be pretty amazing.  I too look forward to hearing more information on the modules and when you are planning on starting production.

Thanks, Blu99Zoomer!

LIO is in a higher league in many ways, including sonically.  That was one of the main requirements.  The others were things like:
- Modularity / easy to add features and upgrade at any time. 
- Better-than-battery (even better sonically, as well as in terms of lifespan and ease of use.  Our PURE-DC-4EVER will essentially last a lifetime).
- Easy-to-use, with lots of features at your fingertips (via remote handset or free App download coming from iOS and Android phones/tablets).
- Highest value (while LIO is more costly to manufacture than RWA products, LIO will offer a lot more value by selling factory-direct in the USA (no dealer network) and direct all over the world (no distribution network).  So the LIO prices, depending on configuration, are not *that* much higher than our RWA offerings.  With dealers/distributors, they would have to be close to 2x higher and I really wanted to avoid that.
- Cleanest signal paths, highest quality parts, very user-friendly
- Carefully built and tested in the USA, and backed by 10-year warranty.

Thanks for all your interest and enthusiasm!  We're just getting started, and the official product launch will be at RMAF next week.

If you are interested, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you go to: www.vinnierossi.com and join our mailing list (you'll see links to do this on the red bar at the bottom of each page).  Why?
- You'll be kept in the loop and updated at least once per month
- If you are busy and don't have time to join our forum and search around online, you'll get the latest Vinnie Rossi blogs posts, links
to reviews, discussions about what is in the works, and videos.
- You have my promise that I will never give out or sell out my email contact list to anyone.  And I'm not looking to collect any information other than your email address if you are interested in getting the latest information. 
- You can always unsubscribe at any time - if you must!  :roll:

More now than ever, I plan to make this new brand / product launch very interactive.  The new site has a blog, a forum (I still need to get that all set up), links to social media and a youtube video channel, newsletter sign-up, and more. 

I have A LOT of ideas in the works, lots of shows planned for 2015, and I have never before felt so energized and free to embrace what I
believe will be a fresh, game-changing way to innovate, interact, and enjoy in this hobby with everyone - For BOTH home audio and personal audio (headphone) listening, as LIO will be equally applicable to 2-channel home audio as it will be for headphone systems.  I see the merging and 'cross-pollination' of the two at shows and with customers as being a really good thing!

Vinnie

catmansound

« Reply #43 on: 4 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm »
I have reviewed all the pages on your web site. Sounds, (pun intended), like some really great products, like you nailed it. Today's high end stereo world is changing. Neil Young isn't having much look with Pono because there's nothing new under the hood, but I believe that you are on track with something truly revolutionary in the world of sound. Direct sales and ultra capacitors, swappable components, and what else? Musk figured this out for Tesla, and so has Vinnie. I may not only upgrade my present system to RE, but might even buy a LIO, and since Vinnie is so hot on Harbeth, why not, heck we only go around once, right? So upgrading and playing, if for no other reason, IT'S REALLY COOL!

One thing I should add, as an architect and designer of retail showrooms, I am watching as the world of consumer goods retailers do exactly what Vinnie is intending with the social media and customer outreach. Retailers who had spent millions of dollars in the past are now looking towards technology to bolster sales, consumers are walking around with PDA's which are in effect a more cost effective means by which to reach their customers for direct feedback and tailor their products to exactly what each customer wants. More like mass individual marketing if you will. If you couple that with revolutionary product design, well, just think Tesla, Apple, etc... Way to go  Vinnie...
« Last Edit: 5 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm by catmansound »

Vinnie R.

« Reply #44 on: 6 Oct 2014, 02:26 am »
Hi Catmansound,

Thank you - I really appreciate your feedback.

And wow - being mentioned in there with Telsa and Apple all in one post!  Please post more often!  8)  :thumb:

[As an aside (since you brought up Tesla), once they find a way to increase the energy density of ultracapacitors, I predict
they will eventually become widely used in electric vehicles.  They can be charged very rapidly.  So instead of taking many hours
to charge your car, it could be potentially be done just a quickly as fueling with gas.  But that's another topic - don't mean to
derail this thread or anything.  :duh:]

Vinnie

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
« Reply #45 on: 6 Oct 2014, 01:28 pm »
Hmmmmm...The Rossi LIO Ultra Coupe...Italian inspired supercar design complete with world class stereo and wine fridge!

I want one.

:o 8)

(Of course, no drinking and driving!)

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #46 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:00 pm »
"Hmmmmm...The Rossi LIO Ultra Coupe...Italian inspired supercar design complete with world class stereo and wine fridge!"

Made in America, just north of Wosta...Better have heated seats along with that great stereo and fast charge times. :lol:

Blu99Zoomer

catmansound

« Reply #47 on: 7 Oct 2014, 12:36 am »
A Red Coupe with black accent and white trim, to match the LIO look of course!  :wink:

Vinnie R.

« Reply #48 on: 7 Oct 2014, 04:11 pm »
A Red Coupe with black accent and white trim, to match the LIO look of course!  :wink:

Cool - and that reminds me:

Vinnie Rossi LIO has been designed to easily change its appearance as well.  So if we later offer a custom front panel
color, custom top plate, custom knobs, etc. - you can order them and install to customize the look of your LIO.   8)

For now, we'll be launching with Black and Silver options for everything because those are clearly the most popular - until
we change the trends!  :wink:  I want some color! 

Vinnie

roscoeiii

« Reply #49 on: 7 Oct 2014, 05:23 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you and hearing this at RMAF!! And can't wait for the DC out details...

Slee ZZ

« Reply #50 on: 8 Oct 2014, 02:32 am »
Hi, Vinnie. Congrats on the the terribly exciting new technology! Wow, that is some amazing stuff. See you in a couple of days. I can't wait to hear it. One questiion up front, though:Will you be offering the wooden faceplates or otherwise incorporating wood into the chassis in the future? The WAF of the wooden faceplates in the Red Wine line was off the charts.

--Zach

Vinnie R.

« Reply #51 on: 8 Oct 2014, 03:55 pm »
See you guys at RMAF!

One questiion up front, though:Will you be offering the wooden faceplates or otherwise incorporating wood into the chassis in the future? The WAF of the wooden faceplates in the Red Wine line was off the charts.

It is all very possible and something that we'll be looking into next year (as well as other colors and options, such as a clear/tinted custom top plate  :drool:).  But first things first - I need to get into full production next month!  :hyper:

And we'll be opening the site to pre-orders within 1 week!

Vinnie

Slee ZZ

« Reply #52 on: 9 Oct 2014, 02:12 pm »
Ooooh, love the clear top plate idea. See ya tomorrow!

arrowmark

« Reply #53 on: 9 Oct 2014, 04:36 pm »
Hi Vinnie , The new line looks great. Will you still continue to sell the RedWineAudio Products also?

brh

« Reply #54 on: 9 Oct 2014, 05:23 pm »
Vinnie, this thing looks unbelievable. I'm a sucker for modular design, and feel like RWA was already ahead of the curve in this respect - not user replaceable or as customizable, but it seems like a lot of the customization options and special requests you filled for people were due to an inherent sense of modularity in the design. But the modularity in LIO... it's honestly the sort of thing I've long dreamt about. When I read that you were using something 'better than batteries,' I was skeptical, and foolishly assumed it was just advanced power filtering. But ultracapacitors? I never should have doubted!

I do have a few questions, which I'm sure will be addressed on the website soon enough, but... I'm impatient!
Do you have physical specs? Or at least, a ballpark comparison on the size vs. Sig 16?
Will the RWA trade-in program apply to purchase of a LIO?
Any chance of a lower power amp module in the future? I know, I know, nobody wants that... But I do kind of like the additional layer of protection I get from having an amp that's rated below my speakers...
Are the prices for modules bought after the fact going to be in line with modules purchased with the amp?

I was just about to ask of the possibility of getting a DAC crammed into my Sig 16... Assuming I can find a way to fit it on my desk, I will be all over this thing as soon as I can be! Keep up the good work, Vinnie!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #55 on: 16 Oct 2014, 06:02 pm »
Vinnie, this thing looks unbelievable. I'm a sucker for modular design, and feel like RWA was already ahead of the curve in this respect - not user replaceable or as customizable, but it seems like a lot of the customization options and special requests you filled for people were due to an inherent sense of modularity in the design. But the modularity in LIO... it's honestly the sort of thing I've long dreamt about. When I read that you were using something 'better than batteries,' I was skeptical, and foolishly assumed it was just advanced power filtering. But ultracapacitors? I never should have doubted!

I do have a few questions, which I'm sure will be addressed on the website soon enough, but... I'm impatient!
Do you have physical specs? Or at least, a ballpark comparison on the size vs. Sig 16?
Any chance of a lower power amp module in the future? I know, I know, nobody wants that... But I do kind of like the additional layer of protection I get from having an amp that's rated below my speakers...
Are the prices for modules bought after the fact going to be in line with modules purchased with the amp?

I was just about to ask of the possibility of getting a DAC crammed into my Sig 16... Assuming I can find a way to fit it on my desk, I will be all over this thing as soon as I can be! Keep up the good work, Vinnie!

Hi brh,

Thanks for all your interest and feedback!  :notworthy:

Approx. 17.5" W x 13.5" D (includes the added depth from knobs and jacks) x 4.5" H (includes added height from feet)

No.  The reason is because LIO will only be sold factory-direct (to anywhere in the world), and not via dealers or distributors.  So there
is absolutely no added margins that would allow us to take trade-ins with RWA products. 
If LIO was sold via distributors and dealers, the price would be at least 2x the factory-direct price. 

Wow - never got that question before!  Yes - I can custom modify the LIO MOSFET Amp module for lower output power if you wish.  Just email me and let me know what power rating you are comfortable.

They will be the same.  There is NO discount for buying more modules upfront.  No pressure here - try the LIO with the modules that you need, and if you later want to add more, just order the modules and you can easily install them.  No need to send your LIO back for more features and upgrades.

Keep up the good work, Vinnie!

Thanks again!

Hi Vinnie , The new line looks great. Will you still continue to sell the RedWineAudio Products also?

Hi Arrowmark,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

Thank you.  Yes, Red Wine Audio will remain a company that will focus on:

- Modification Services
- Continued support for all our customers of RWA products.

Ooooh, love the clear top plate idea. See ya tomorrow!

Nice to meet you at RMAF, Slee ZZ!  Thanks for visiting!

Another LIO thread here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=129401.0

Vinnie

Captainhemo

« Reply #56 on: 16 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm »

Not bashing here, just  hoping for some clarification...
Isn't this (less power =  more protection  for your speakers) a bit of a misonception  ?    I'd  think that with less power it would be much more lilely to push an amp to the point of clipping than it would be with  one rated at higher power than  your speakers.
I'm not sure how clipping occurs with Mosfet amps but with typical SS amps clipping is usually considered "hard" and can be very damaging to speakers 

-jay

Vinnie R.

« Reply #57 on: 16 Oct 2014, 10:49 pm »
Not bashing here, just  hoping for some clarification...
Isn't this (less power =  more protection  for your speakers) a bit of a misonception  ?    I'd  think that with less power it would be much more lilely to push an amp to the point of clipping than it would be with  one rated at higher power than  your speakers.
I'm not sure how clipping occurs with Mosfet amps but with typical SS amps clipping is usually considered "hard" and can be very damaging to speakers 

-jay

Hi Jay,

Two ways to look at it:

You are correct - with less power you could reach clipping (think square waves - not the best for tweeters). 

But I *think* brh is concerned if he ever had a surge of some sort (e.g. your child maxes out the volume or something crazy that causes the amp to unload full power), a lower power amp will output less max power (less likely to blow the speaker). 

Vinnie

mca

« Reply #58 on: 16 Oct 2014, 11:09 pm »
Yes, Red Wine Audio will remain a company that will focus on:

- Modification Services
- Continued support for all our customers of RWA products.

So does that mean the existing RWA product line will cease?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #59 on: 16 Oct 2014, 11:16 pm »
So does that mean the existing RWA product line will cease?

Yes - eventually.  I do not yet have an exact date when this will happen. 

Please note:  All Red Wine Audio components WILL continue to be supported for in and out of warranty servicing.

Vinnie