Cary 200.2

Escott1377

Cary 200.2
« on: 30 May 2015, 12:28 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with the Cary model listed above?

I am considering a trade in for my Wyred 4 Sound mAmps to be applied towards the purchase.

I am also considering the Krell Duo 125 and 175.

Whatever I purchase will be used in a bi amp configuration to feed the woofer module of a pair of Von Schweikert VR4jr's when they return with their latest upgrade.

I'm torn to make the investment b/c this piece of the puzzle is only putting power into what I consider to be the least musical range of the speaker.

I have also added a DSpeaker Core to clean up my bottom end.  I guess a final question would be wait until my speaker return and I can put the Dspeaker into play, or make the purchase regardless?

Thanks for any help -

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Cary 200.2
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2015, 12:47 am »
Hello, Escott.

I have no experience with Cary amps, so I can't comment. You might try changing the subject line with a little more info. If readers have an idea what you are seeking, they can more easily respond with help.

Just my thoughts on how to get some responses.

Michael

TQdB

Re: Cary 200.2
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2015, 04:40 am »
Hey Escott  :) those amps keep a storied pedigree, and for a reason..

I suppose you're familiar with them, their top-fare are tube builds that go for around $30,000 .. each. (monoblocks). Cary is often mentioned in the same breath as Krell, Dyna, Pass, Levinson, whoever, and not just in the same breath but often, if not usually, better-than.

I had a chance to get a Clarity-ed Melissa 901 from Virtue when they were available or else I'd have the SA-200.2 presently.

Dug up a review on it you might or might not have seen: http://www.10audio.com/cary_sa-200-2.htm They gave it a 9 to 9.5, which is stout from them, Krells in the same class were getting more like a 6.