Rob's Veracity ST's in African bubinga with deep rose/red dye

jsalk

Rob wanted a very special pair of Veracity ST's.  He loved the look of bubinga, but wanted it in a deeper and richer tone.  We we added a bit of rose/red dye to the final topcoat.

Here are the results...

And a close-up...

Happy listening Rob!

- Jim

robcentola

Absolutely amazing work. I know that they're going to look even better in person and sound better than I can imagine.

I was worried they'd be too "something" and expressed my concern with Jim over the last couple of weeks. He pretty much said not to worry and clearly explained the process. Now I see the results: Perfect and exactly what I wanted. 

Are these really mine? WHOOHOOO!!!

I'm one happy camper.

Big Red Machine

My very first pair of Salks were Bubinga.  Looking good Rob.

sfox7076

They look awesome.  Enjoy them.

DEP14

I've always liked a bit of that red color.  Very nice.

laulau

@Rob,

Those are beauties.

And as a current Salk owner you know that they'll look even better in person!   :thumb:

hogzilla

Absolutely beautiful. Enjoy them for many years to come!

rick_reynolds40

Rob...they are almost as nice as mine!!!   :lol:

Congrats.  You are going to love them.

RR

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Those are beautiful, Rob.

Enjoy the heck out of them!

robcentola

They have landed. It's going to be along afternoon at work!

steve in jersey

Re: Rob's Veracity ST's in African bubinga with deep rose/red dye
« Reply #10 on: 30 Sep 2014, 07:18 pm »
Nice ! they actually look a bit more like "Quilted" African Mahogany (given the grain pattern & this is the same color stain they very often use on mahogany)*

(I love wood. I'll never forget this magnificent piece of solid Brazilian Rosewood furniture they had on display at Philadelphia Art Museum &
thinking "I wonder how many Classical guitar back & side sets could you "re-saw" from that". The nerve of someone using musical instrument grade wood for furniture for some rich person. Let someone play an instrument from it for half a century then put it in a museum)

*I stand corrected. According to the picture of the guitar sides & backs sets at LMI this is "figured" African Bubinga (which is actually a type of Rosewood)

Nick77

Rob, how do they sound? Photo's?  :wink:

ckullmann1

I second that - can't wait to get your impressions!

robcentola

Amazing. I'm blown away. I'll shoot some pics and jot some detailed impressions soon. Wow.