What is the top Audio show in U.S.A.? The world?

EdRo

What is the top Audio show in U.S.A.? The world?
« on: 2 Jun 2017, 04:02 pm »
With the advent of more and more shows popping up, what do you guys think? RMAF? Axpona? L.A.? D.C.? Again, what do you guys think???

TomS

Re: What is the top Audio show in U.S.A.? The world?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2017, 04:52 pm »
Munich

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:00 pm »
I am curious how those who have attended each of these three shows ranks them.  Listed in alphabetical order:

AXPONA
L.A. Audio Show (after this weekend at a new venue)
RMAF

I will also be curious how T.H.E. Audio Show rates with new management and new time slot (September 21 – 24) so close to RMAF  (October 6-8).  It also has to compete with another regional show (L.A. Audio Show) for the first time. The L.A. Audio Show seems to have locked up the time slot previously used for T.H.E. Show and captured many exhibitors who had those dates already reserved in their show calendar.  How many major shows can survive in Southern CA and how close together?  Interesting times.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:36 pm »
Munich

+1.

The participation dwarfs the other shows.

Best,
Anand.

mav52

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2017, 06:25 pm »
US : of Late  AXPONA

World: Munich

Don_S

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2017, 06:47 pm »
Munich seems to rule by virtue of press coverage, attendance, and international flavor.  Even though I have never attended, I will concede that title.

I am curious what is the best US show. Being a California boy I will not accept nominations for RMAF, AXPONA, or other US-regional shows from anyone who has not also attended the previous T.H.E. Show Newport or the L.A. Audio Show currently in progress.

Voting must be objective and informed. e.g. It would not be proper for me to nominate T.H.E Show since I have not attended RMAF or AXPONA.  Please list what shows you have attended before nominating. In fact, it is premature to vote until the last note fades at the L.A. Audio Show.  In that previous time slot, T.H.E. Show rocked and was quite large and well attended. I much preferred it to CES.

pconley2

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jun 2017, 07:27 pm »
With the advent of more and more shows popping up, what do you guys think? RMAF? Axpona? L.A.? D.C.? Again, what do you guys think???

Ed, first of all, glad to see your thumb repairing, secondly, I wanted to follow up on a statement that was buried in one of your other threads, did I hear that Ryan is bringing a set of speakers to the LA Show.  that would be very good news for those of us who hope he is well and perhaps going to continue on in his quest to build (with you) some of the world's best speakers.

If any of the readers get to the LA show, I would love to have a report on the show, Nimbus's and Ryan if he is spotted.

phil

DSkip

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jun 2017, 11:02 pm »
I personally have not been to most but I do have friends who have been to many of the larger ones.  The general consensus I get from manufacturers I know and attendees alike is this:

AXPONA - gear oriented not as much personal interaction due to sheer size
RMAF - great for gear and personal interaction, still limited due to size
LSAF - where friendships in audio are born due to smaller size

I think which show is best is completely subjective depending on what experience you are looking for.  They have spoken of other shows, but these are the three I hear compared the most and almost always get the exact same responses.