• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #1880 on: 10 Dec 2014, 04:47 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Stellar Sound Award !

December 2014

Hi Folks,

Please see link below for another outstanding review on the Bryston Mini T loudspeaker.

Notice his comments about the compatibility of the Mini T in both the Audiophile and Professional marketplaces.

Also the Mini T was given a “STELLAR SOUND AWARD”.

http://everythingaudionetwork.blogspot.com/2014/12/speaker-review-bryston-mini-t-compact.html

James Tanner
V/P Bryston Ltd.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1881 on: 10 Dec 2014, 09:10 pm »
Hi Folks,

Please see the new BRYSTON SPEAKER BROCHURE

It has an additional 4 pages and now includes:

1. A two page spread on our “Family of Curves”
2. New Micro A Center channel
3. New Model A Subwoofer

If anyone wants a copy please email me - jamestanner@bryston.com
Its a 5M PDF

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1882 on: 11 Dec 2014, 05:34 pm »
Dealer Feedback:

Hi James

Got the smaller Bryston A3 speakers in.

Obviously the Big boys (Model T) are much better in the deep bass and dynamics department. I was worried the A3’s would sound a little thin and bright. But they don't, tonal balance-wise I was surprised how similar they are to the T's - smooth, body, bass is impressive for the size and they image like crazy.

They sound fantastic!

Mark
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2014, 07:18 pm by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1883 on: 13 Dec 2014, 02:40 pm »
SUBJECT: Mini T – Customer Feedback

SNORGY

Hi James – Mini T Speakers

Having just bought a pair, with stands, several months ago, what I can say is that the Mini Ts play much larger than they look. Listening to them on their stands, blindfolded, a person would have no way of telling them apart from a pair of high quality floor standing towers.

If the person was then to remove the blindfold, he or she would find it difficult to believe that *THAT* came out of *THOSE*.

These have had an even greater impact on me as a "bookshelf speaker" than the Paisley AE-400's did about thirty years ago. I first paired the Mini Ts with a vintage HK PM665 integrated amplifier, and I can honestly say it was, to my ears, the most perfectly matched amplifier-speaker combination that I have heard in three decades. They do want power, but if the power is available - within reason - these things will scare you before you scare them.

Simply put, these are the best "small" speakers I have heard in a long, long time.

Snorgy.

95Dyna

« Reply #1884 on: 16 Dec 2014, 04:21 pm »
Hi Bill

Yes we offer a cable Kit:

Bryston Speaker Cables
Set of 3 speaker cables for $150.00 - Signature Passive Crossover - (2 sets required for a pair)

james

James,

What length are the cables in the Bryston cable kit for the Model T Signature.  I'm asking because my WireWorld Silver Eclipse 6 SC's are rigid making it difficult to manage much in the way of cable slack.  Also, just to clarify your above response, are there 3 pairs of cables in each kit which would then require 2 kits for a pair of Signatures.  I'm reading your response to say there are 3 single cables in a kit requiring 2 kits to make 3 pairs of cables to serve 1 speaker.

Thanks,

Bill

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1885 on: 16 Dec 2014, 04:26 pm »
Hi Bill

Here are the pics:

3  cables - different lengths to reach the woofer mid and tweeters

95Dyna

« Reply #1886 on: 16 Dec 2014, 05:11 pm »
Thanks.  Do you have the 3 cable lengths handy? I'm considering the WireWorld Mini Eclipse recommended for this application by Larry Smith at WW. They must be custom made so I have to give the dealer the lengths to get a price quote.  I'm considering them since I have Silver Eclipse 6 SC's that I bought with my 7B's a couple years ago.  They work very well in my system,

BTW, Larry gave the T-Sigs two thumbs up telling me they are an outstanding speaker system and that I would be thrilled with their performance. :thumb: :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1887 on: 16 Dec 2014, 05:17 pm »
Thanks.  Do you have the 3 cable lengths handy? I'm considering the WireWorld Mini Eclipse recommended for this application by Larry Smith at WW. They must be custom made so I have to give the dealer the lengths to get a price quote.  I'm considering them since I have Silver Eclipse 6 SC's that I bought with my 7B's a couple years ago.  They work very well in my system,

BTW, Larry gave the T-Sigs two thumbs up telling me they are an outstanding speaker system and that I would be thrilled with their performance. :thumb: :thumb:

Hi

24, 17 and 15 inches in length.

james

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #1888 on: 17 Dec 2014, 05:19 pm »

James, are the connectors on the Model T crossover shown above the same as on the back of my 6BSST(C) and 4BSST(C)s? If so, what type of connector are you using on the speaker cables? This looks like a cleaner installation than mine, which uses hefty spades and locking bananas for biwiring.

Thankee,

Rich

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1889 on: 17 Dec 2014, 05:30 pm »
Its a gold plated double banana.

James

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1890 on: 17 Dec 2014, 08:45 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Dealers
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Début at Phase One Studio

December 2014

Hi James,

Got the Mini T’s we purchased in the studio this morning and of course we put them up in Studio C right away to give them a test drive, driven by two 7Bs and Nordost cables. I listened to an old Lyle Lovett CD (Joshua Judges Ruth) and Donald Fagen’s “Nightfly as well.

You could tell right off that the detail and openness and imaging were excellent!

We had an engineer in the room who likes his Dyne BM15s which were next to the Mini T’s. They were very similar in fact, much to my surprise, but the Dyne has a slightly larger woofer (10”) and did produce a bit more low end. However, as I pointed out, what counts is how the speakers translate to the outside world and for me the Dyne low end is not as detailed which could lead to a mistake in mastering the low end (the hardest part of recording to get right).

Engineers are a stubborn lot. They are resistant to change like no one’s business. Introducing something new is never an instant process of acceptance but over time the good stuff rises to the top. The Mini T’s offer a sense of detail that goes beyond the Dyne’s and for me is something I will master the next record with. All I’m looking for is a neutrality that gives me confidence the sound will be good on a variety of systems and from my brief listen, I have faith the Mini’s will do just that.

By the way, they are only slightly larger than other nearfields so are not totally out of place on a console. In a perfect world they would be shorter, deeper and possibly a bit more squat but I’m not complaining James, they are a fine addition to what we do. And we may end up putting the Mini’s on stands just behind the console, allowing us to lower the overall height by a few inches.

BARRY LUBOTTA
President
PHASE ONE AUDIO GROUP inc.

95Dyna

« Reply #1891 on: 17 Dec 2014, 09:17 pm »
Its a gold plated double banana.

James

I'm confused  :scratch: aren't these cables connected where spades or bare wire would connect?  I thought banana connectors plugged straight into the front of the terminals.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1892 on: 17 Dec 2014, 10:47 pm »
I'm confused  :scratch: aren't these cables connected where spades or bare wire would connect?  I thought banana connectors plugged straight into the front of the terminals.

Hi

They can plug into the front but they can also fit through the holes in the post.

james

« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm by James Tanner »

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1893 on: 18 Dec 2014, 02:45 am »
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Début at Phase One Studio

December 2014

Hi James,

Got the Mini T’s we purchased in the studio this morning and of course we put them up in Studio C right away to give them a test drive, driven by two 7Bs and Nordost cables. I listened to an old Lyle Lovett CD (Joshua Judges Ruth) and Donald Fagen’s “Nightfly as well.

You could tell right off that the detail and openness and imaging were excellent!

We had an engineer in the room who likes his Dyne BM15s which were next to the Mini T’s. They were very similar in fact, much to my surprise, but the Dyne has a slightly larger woofer (10”) and did produce a bit more low end. However, as I pointed out, what counts is how the speakers translate to the outside world and for me the Dyne low end is not as detailed which could lead to a mistake in mastering the low end (the hardest part of recording to get right).

Engineers are a stubborn lot. They are resistant to change like no one’s business. Introducing something new is never an instant process of acceptance but over time the good stuff rises to the top. The Mini T’s offer a sense of detail that goes beyond the Dyne’s and for me is something I will master the next record with. All I’m looking for is a neutrality that gives me confidence the sound will be good on a variety of systems and from my brief listen, I have faith the Mini’s will do just that.

By the way, they are only slightly larger than other nearfields so are not totally out of place on a console. In a perfect world they would be shorter, deeper and possibly a bit more squat but I’m not complaining James, they are a fine addition to what we do. And we may end up putting the Mini’s on stands just behind the console, allowing us to lower the overall height by a few inches.

BARRY LUBOTTA
President
PHASE ONE AUDIO GROUP inc.

James, Andre Marc here. I just received a pair of Mimi A's in for for review.

Let me just say that after just 24 hours I am absolutely am impressed beyond any expectations I could have had.

The Mini A's have the potential to offer the highest price to performance ratio I have encountered in my time in the industry. Stay tuned.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1894 on: 18 Dec 2014, 02:57 am »
James, Andre Marc here. I just received a pair of Mimi A's in for for review.

Let me just say that after just 24 hours I am absolutely am impressed beyond any expectations I could have had.

The Mini A's have the potential to offer the highest price to performance ratio I have encountered in my time in the industry. Stay tuned.

Hi Andre

Well thank you for your kind comments. The Mini A was a special project for me as I wanted a true 3-way in as small a package as possible but with performance as good as a small cabinet would allow.

James

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #1895 on: 18 Dec 2014, 03:13 am »
Hi Andre

Well thank you for your kind comments. The Mini A was a special project for me as I wanted a true 3-way in as small a package as possible but with performance as good as a small cabinet would allow.

James

Well, I can see and hear the dedication that went into these.  When done with these I very much look forward to experiencing the T's.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1896 on: 18 Dec 2014, 03:37 pm »
Sneak Peak:

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speakers – Upcoming Review

December 2014

HI James,

Andre Marc here. I just received a pair of Bryston Mini A speakers in for review.

Let me just say that after just 24 hours I am absolutely impressed beyond any expectations I could have had. The Mini A's have the potential to offer the highest price to performance ratio I have encountered in my time in the industry.

I am actually getting very decent bass performance in my room now. I have them in a system that includes your BDA-1 DAC. I think you guys make the best digital and on the market, and great electronics, but I won't lie, I was a bit skeptical about the speakers!.

I seriously think you may have set a new benchmark in this price range. I have generally gravitated towards classic British designs for monitors, but quite frankly, these Mini A speakers are game changers, and they are not even settled in yet.

Stay tuned!

95Dyna

« Reply #1897 on: 18 Dec 2014, 07:30 pm »
Hi

They can plug into the front but they can also fit through the holes in the post.

james

Thanks James.  One more somewhat related question, if my main SC's are single pair spade terminated will I have to re-terminate with bananas since the jumpers appear to occupy the spade connection space on the x-over inputs?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #1898 on: 22 Dec 2014, 05:22 pm »
SUBJECT: Customer Feedback Bryston LCR

December 2014

Hi James,

I had to let you know that I order the Middle T and the Mini T center. For the last couple of weeks I've been listening to them with music and movies.

Well  WOW,  WOW  AND WOW, These are an amazing speakers, like the size even if they are a little bit heavy. I love the impact they do with soundtrack of movies, I was missing a lot with my other speakers.

I've been listening to music every day since I install them and I just love the balance of it. 90% of my library is wave music file, the rest is in mp3 and even with that kind of crap of file, they still come out in very good shape and sound very good.

The new tweeter has a much more beautiful design to my taste than the first one. The high frequencies are not just good — they are smooth and offer a touch of refinement. Love the magnet that hold the fabric, so when showing off the front speakers no more ugly holes. they are nicely finished in Boston cherry. They comes out very good with a 4BSST in silver just beside.

This was my gift from Me to Me this year. To complete my system, my next step will be the Mini T for the back, can't wait to ear the final result.

A happy Bryston customer
Robert Caron

95Dyna

« Reply #1899 on: 22 Dec 2014, 08:02 pm »
Thanks James.  One more somewhat related question, if my main SC's are single pair spade terminated will I have to re-terminate with bananas since the jumpers appear to occupy the spade connection space on the x-over inputs?

James,

This is the pic I'm referring to with the above question regarding spade terminated main SC's.  It appears that the jumpers are taking the place where spades would go such that I would have to re-terminate the main SC's with bananas.  Or, can the jumpers be terminated with bananas to be connected to the front banana ports.?

Thanks,

Bill