Charity Raffle: Great Cause, Great Odds, Great Prize!

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
[NOTE: This raffle is now over, please see the second post below for a new raffle for charity]

Mark Schifter has been running a Raffle marathon over on the AV123 Forum.

Charaties include orphanages in Khabarovsk, Russia and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

Prizes include:
Strata Mini Loudspeakers - Special Edition
Strata Mini Loudspeakers with a Reference 100 center and Reference 1 surrounds
Emotiva RSP-1 preamp and RSA-1 amplifier (x2)
ACI Titan XL
PS Audio Quintet

Most raffles are limited to 100 tickets so the odds of winning are quite good.

The latest raffle is for the PS Audio Quintet.  Here is the text from Mark...

Hello All...

As most of you know - Paul McGowan is a long time dear friend and colleague. Paul was one of my partners at Genesis - and today he's The Man at PS Audio - THE Leading "Power Products Company" our industry has to offer. PS Audio makes some of the finest products in the world - Period~End Of Story... :) I own many of them myself...

Paulie heard what we are doing with these Raffles and he has graciously offered a few goodies in order to help...

First up is the SENSATIONAL PS Audio Quintet... I've attached a few pictures of this marvelous device - and I'm thrilled we have one for this raffle...

I've decided we will raffle this guy of at $15 dollars per ticket x 100. Please do us proud and lets make it happen folks.

To pay for this - simply go to

www.paypal.com

To pay for this item - simply enter my e-mail address

mlsav123@mac.com

The rest is easy... :)

The Quintet is amazing - the cause even more so...

Thanks as always...

mls

« Last Edit: 6 Jul 2007, 05:04 pm by Sean Parque »

Sean Parque

• http://www.av123.com
Re: Charity Raffle: Great Cause, Great Odds, Great Prize!
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2007, 05:08 pm »
The post below was taken from the AV123 Forum

July 4th Raffle and a Personal Message from mls

Good Morning… and Happy 4th to all of you. Wish I could be home basking in the joy and happiness that we all share in on this day.

I’m still here in Cali – but thinking about all of you in a very real and most wonderful way. I’ve decided today that I would start a Raffle in celebration of our joy – and the wonderful goodness our people can bring to those in GREAT NEED and despair. Only in America where we are truly The Land of Plenty can we do these things… I’m proud of you – and so very proud of our country. Also, there is some sorrow that I'm sharing today (see below) and I would like each of us to do what we can to help...

Today I’ve decided to Raffle two systems. They are the following…

RS1K ~ RSC 200 ~ RSS300 in our sensational Rosewood

This system we will raffle off at 150 tickets @ $50 each. This will be called Raffle #9…

As well, we will start a second Raffle for the 4th of July with the following…

RS760 ~ RSC 200 ~ RSS300 - also in our beautiful Rosewood

This system we will raffle off at 150 tickets @ $35 dollars each. This will be called Raffle #10…

We can easily track your contributions based on the amount of tickets you purchase (multiples of $50 dollars or $35 dollars) so please do not worry… Sean can and will take care of all of this…

In order to make your contributions - please first go to PayPal

www.paypal.com

To make your contributions - just enter my e-mail address in the Send Money area

mlsav123@mac.com

That's it... follow the instructions from there... VERY EASY and SAFE...

Now for the personal part of this message…

This industry is filled with really remarkable people – people of great strength and conviction – and people that flat out CARE. I have a dear friend that I have grown to really respect and admire that happens to be the President of a competing company.

As many of you have read before – David Fabrikant is a man whose products I most sincerely respect – but more than that – I flat out love this guy. Sure we compete each and every day – but more than that – we have learned to live with one another in a way only GREAT Competitors can. David is my friend, and I know that he is aching more than a little bit about a very personal situation that has pervaded his life…

Cancer is ugly… Cancer is horrible… and Cancer affects lives in a very real way… IF David chooses to say more here he can – but David is also a very private and honestly soft-spoken man. I mentioned to him that we would do this Raffle for his family member that has been stricken with Cancer – and should he decide to say more here he will – but if not – PLEASE respect his privacy. PLEASE… do this for me…

Therefore… I will take the proceeds of these Raffles and deliver 50% to The Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in David’s family’s name – and the other 50% I would like to continue our work in Khabarovsk, Russia for the Orphan’s. These monies will be used directly for medicines that are desperately needed…

The Sloan Kettering information can be found here

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/65977.cfm

As well… the winners of these Raffles will be treated to an MFW-15 subwoofer once shipments begin in September. In each case we will donate $1000 dollars to the same Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in David’s family’s name.

Long Live The United States of America – and to our friends – long live the lives of the ones we love the most…

To my dear friend David Fabrikant… May you and yours have peace and comfort on this day – and may you enjoy the lives of your dear ones no matter the pain and suffering you are feeling watching this Cancer hurt the ones you love…

With deepest respect,

Mark