OPPO smart phone!!!!!

TrungT

OPPO smart phone!!!!!
« on: 30 Oct 2014, 04:13 pm »

vortrex

Re: OPPO smart phone!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2014, 04:25 pm »
Get the Oneplus One phone for $350.  It is incredible.  This company was started by a former Oppo exec.

http://oneplus.net/one

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm »
I thought Oppo was/is a phone company - ??  :scratch:

TrungT

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2014, 12:35 pm »
I learned new thing everyday.  ;)

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2014, 02:51 pm »
Get the Oneplus One phone for $350.  It is incredible.  This company was started by a former Oppo exec.

http://oneplus.net/one

While your dc10audio Briton II's are on my speaker bucket list.  :thumb:  I have to admit that while Oppo OnePlus has incredible features, for me it still comes down to the size of these smart phones. Everyone has different needs, but for me I need a phone for calling people and for checking my emails both business and personal. 

Hell, I still have an Apple 4s even though I have an upgrade available with Verizon.  If I upgraded it would be to the 6 which is just a bit taller (height) than the 4s. Unfortunately, I wear a suit 5 days a week and my phone needs to be used and NOT seen.  The 4s fits in my shirt or suit pocket just fine with a height of 4.5 inches with the 6 coming in with a height of 4.7 inches.  The 6plus/Samsung Galaxy coming in at  5.5/5.6 inches respectively.

While the Oppo OnePlus features look great, the height is even more at 6 inches (152.9 mm)! 

Regards,

Randy

vortrex

« Reply #5 on: 4 Nov 2014, 04:44 pm »
It's a little big, but I don't find it cumbersome at all.  I thought I might, but it's really not.  You cannot beat the price at $350.  It's near Apple level hardware quality (not cheapo LG/Samsung plastic) and has some of the best specs out there.  At $350 it's a total steal.  It really makes it obvious how the other manufacturers are price gouging with these $600-$700 phones.

And yes, highly advise you to get the dc10audio Briton II's.  Your mind will be blown.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #6 on: 4 Nov 2014, 07:11 pm »
Chinese OEM makers are starting to produce cheap versions of the Oneplus one. Just in case someone needs a budget alternative  :roll:
http://www.elephone.hk/g5.html

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2014, 02:57 am »
If I upgraded it would be to the 6 which is just a bit taller (height) than the 4s. Unfortunately, I wear a suit 5 days a week and my phone needs to be used and NOT seen.  The 4s fits in my shirt or suit pocket just fine with a height of 4.5 inches with the 6 coming in with a height of 4.7 inches.

I just got the iPhone 6 - I find it fits fine within my shirt pocket, barely, and it is thinner. In fact it is a little too thin and I have a clear bumper on the way to make it easier to hold in the hand. While the screen is 4.7" diagonally, the phone itself is 5 3/8" in the pocket (14cm).

I need a second phone so I will look at this OPPO.