SOLD: ModWright Transporter

Hear Clifford Brown

SOLD: ModWright Transporter
« on: 16 Nov 2015, 09:35 pm »
Asking price is SOLD

This is a ModWright Transporter with full Signature Platinum upgrades in perfect operational and cosmetic condition.  I’m the original owner purchased directly from ModWright and it has been used in a dedicated music room in a clean and pet-free home.  It can be used as a music streamer, a DAC or both.  Stream from your digital music library, Internet Radio, and on-line music services from Ethernet cable or wireless.   Can receive digital signal via RCA, Toslink and AES/EBU when used as a DAC. 

The ModWright version is a substantial upgrade adding an oversized toroidal transformer and a complete re-design of the analog stage using two output tubes.  The tube output stage features an internal, tube rectified power supply based on the technology from ModWright preamplifiers.  RCA and balanced outputs are now sourced from the new analog stage.  The balanced outputs utilize custom wound output transformers from Electroprint.  The RCA output connectors are upgraded from stock.  The output stage produces output levels sufficient to drive most amplifiers directly without a preamp.

Look at the 6 Moons review to see before and after internal pictures, which show the extensive amount of upgrades that go into this mod.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright3/transporter.html

The unit will come with the following:
- Philips 5R4G rectifier made in Holland from Upscale Audio ($99), about 100 hours
- Sophia Electric 6SN7's from Upscale Audio (Grade A - $200) about 100 hours
- NOS Tung-Sol 5U4GB rectifier
- NOS RCA 6FQ7A's
- Bolder Cable 9 pin to octal tube adapters ($125)
- Remote control
- Heavy duty power cable
- Manual
- Double box including original packaging

Use this with the free Logitech Media Server.  I stream from my iMac and I use the Squeezepad app for controlling from iPad and this is super convenient. Will stream 24/96 files very well and sounds great.

Please e-mail me with any questions you may have, or if you would like additional or more detailed photographs.

USPS money order, Bank cashiers check, PayPal (add 3%). 

FedEx shipping is at actual cost depending on location.  Ships from 98424.  Box is 22 x 22 x 11 and weighs 24 pounds.

« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2015, 07:31 pm by Hear Clifford Brown »