Wtb: Pre Amplifier

vintage9594

Wtb: Pre Amplifier
« on: 22 Nov 2014, 02:20 am »
I am looking for a Pre Amp to go with my new(to me) VTL mono's.  I have up to a $1000.00 to spend and am open to tube or solid state.  I did post this in the classified section as well but only emails were from out of state and I would prefer it to be a local sale.

Looking for Audio Research, VTL, Classe, Belles, etc.
Thanks
Don
Chesterfield

Mr Peabody

Re: Wtb: Pre Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2014, 02:33 am »
This is probably over your posted budget but a local guy has a pretty much new Primaluna for sale.  I forget the model but I believe retail was around $4500.00.  He bought it new, then switched to a Levinson, now he is using a DAC with variable output and no preamp.  So no issues with the preamp just one of those things where an audio guy is searching for the right fit.

You might also check with Wylie to see if he has anything around or the guys at Musical Design.  St. Louis Stereo was handling some Line Magnetic, not sure pricing on separates but some of their other gear is reasonable and known for punching above their price range.

vintage9594

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2014, 05:06 am »
Thanks for the response to my post...haven't updated it but I have found a preamp so for now I am set.

Thanks again

kentj1948

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2014, 11:17 pm »
What did you end up getting?

vintage9594

« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2014, 02:23 am »
Picked up an Edge G1

electricbear

« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2014, 02:41 pm »
That's a great preamp. Their amps are top notch too. Kind of jealous.

vintage9594

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2014, 09:38 pm »
Tim, good to hear from you!  how have you been and did you make it back to St Louis as I thought you were in Florida?
Don V

electricbear

« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2014, 10:33 pm »
I'm still causing chaos and mayhem in Florida. I'll be honest and say that I don't think I'll be moving back anytime soon. There are just so many positives to living down here.