FS: Apogee Stage

alfagil

FS: Apogee Stage
« on: 28 Mar 2015, 12:48 am »
a good pair of the Stage for sale I'd like $1,200 obo.  I'm in soCal and will not ship these, but I'd be willing to help get them delivered to almost anywhere in SoCal.  always gently driven with Audio Research tubes.  thanks for looking.

harley52

Re: FS: Apogee Stage
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2015, 01:16 pm »
 The finest speaker for female vocals ever built and that includes the other Apogee models. Wish I had a larger area to set mine up properly or just set them up. Yep, my opinion.

alfagil

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2015, 04:14 pm »
Apogee hit a home run with the Stage.  Although it was their smallest and cheapest full range ribbon, there was nothing about it that was entry level.  It benefited from trickle down technology since Apogee was one of those rare companies whose first products represented their attempts at the state of the art, and their later efforts were their products that would incorporate the same technology but tailored to be more accessible at lower prices.

Even today people don't realize what a great value the Stages are.

alfagil

« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2015, 04:42 pm »
These are in my office but they are not set up.  I've been using my Acoustats lately.  My office is too small for either speaker, plus my electric bill gets too expensive when I run my tube mono blocks daily (my utility provider charges businesses at a higher rate), hence the sale.