Xover using 8 Channels DAC from Exasound.

Jazzhd

• I like Jazz music and Room Correction Software.
Xover using 8 Channels DAC from Exasound.
« on: 10 Dec 2016, 04:25 pm »
Hi, I am a stereophile and I use an 8 Channels DAC (Exasound e28 Mk II Femto Clock with xlr output) with an Xover buld with Acourate. Acourate will produce the FIR that will be used in Jriver. I am very happy with the result. I use to achieve that 2 JL Audio F112 for the low frequency and the top section of Linkwitz LX521. That top section is powered with 3 Parasound Halo A21, for the low mid, high mid and tweeter. The beauty with the Parasound A21, they deliver pure Class A for the first 10 Watts, which for normal listening, the tweeter and the high mid will be in Class A. My music is stored on a an Areca 5026 in Raid 10. I will be upgrading to Exasound e38 so the existing e28 is for sale now. Acourate is a fantastic software and Exasound is a fantastic company with plenty of support given by the owner, George Klissarov.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Xover using 8 Channels DAC from Exasound.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2016, 04:27 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Jazzhd.  :beer:

josh358

« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2017, 02:25 pm »
Hi, I am a stereophile and I use an 8 Channels DAC (Exasound e28 Mk II Femto Clock with xlr output) with an Xover buld with Acourate. Acourate will produce the FIR that will be used in Jriver. I am very happy with the result. I use to achieve that 2 JL Audio F112 for the low frequency and the top section of Linkwitz LX521. That top section is powered with 3 Parasound Halo A21, for the low mid, high mid and tweeter. The beauty with the Parasound A21, they deliver pure Class A for the first 10 Watts, which for normal listening, the tweeter and the high mid will be in Class A. My music is stored on a an Areca 5026 in Raid 10. I will be upgrading to Exasound e38 so the existing e28 is for sale now. Acourate is a fantastic software and Exasound is a fantastic company with plenty of support given by the owner, George Klissarov.
Did you upgrade to the E38? How did they compare?

I'm thinking about a similar configuration -- Accourate/JRiver + Exasound for a 3-way crossover. I'm currently using a Mini DSP openDRC DA-8, but I'm not happy with the sound of the converters. And a used e28 would be a lot more reasonable than a new e38 . . .

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2017, 03:14 pm »
Welcome to AC!

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2017, 09:14 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Jazzhd.