NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT - The Signature 15 LFP-V Edition Integrated is coming!

Lord Soth

• I'm an American BadAss!
What speakers are you using?

Hi,

I am using a pair of Alesis Monitor One MK2 Passive speakers.

Their specs:

88db sensitivity

4 Ohms.

My speakers are easily driven by 8W per channel from tube amps.

Alwayswantmore

Ok, cool. Mine are 93 / 8 ohms. And the Sig 15 doubles power to 30 Watts RMS per channel into 4-ohms. That puts your speakers on par with mine for SPLs.

So far I have not found the upper limit of the amp in terms of volume. I'm in a small room and can only handle really loud for a few seconds. But the amp appears to have ample balls.

I'm anxious to hear what the industry pros have to say about this amp when the reviews begin to hit. My guess is they go either tremendous amp for the money or tremendous amp period. Based on my limited experience in home with other amps in the sub-$5,000 price range, my money is on the latter.

Hopefully more people will begin posting their experience and the reviews will hit to validate my opinion. For now I feel a bit like General Custer leading the charge. But I trust my ears, and my ears like what they hear from this little gem.

Good luck whatever you decide. K

Hi,

I am using a pair of Alesis Monitor One MK2 Passive speakers.

Their specs:

88db sensitivity

4 Ohms.

My speakers are easily driven by 8W per channel from tube amps.

FMRadioman

I have been using my Signature 15 for more than a month now and I could not be more satisfied with the look, functionality and most importantly, the sound!  As Vinnie would attest to, I would have a hard time complaining about this unit since it is exactly what I have been bugging Vinnie to make for years.  I have owned Red Wine units from the beginning and enjoyed them all but the Signature 15 is the best unit in my opinion.  It is all that I need and I don’t find myself looking for something better in Audiogon anymore.

I had a Signature 30 LFP for a short time within the last year and returned it mainly since I needed the input selector on the front of the unit.  From my memory (not from direct comparison), I am much more satisfied with the sound of the Signature 15.  It seems more open, more depth and softer and smoother.  Overall, it is more pleasant to listen to especially for long periods of time.  I also love the compact size and the true Integrated Amp design.

In the past, I have used integrateds from Fi, Nuforce, Wavelength, Kenwood, NAD, Creek, PS Audio and preamp and amp combinations from Audio Research, First Watt, PSE, N.E.W, Berning, Monarchy along with other home brew tube amps.

For reference, I primarily listen to FM since we have a great commercial free Jazz station here in the SF Bay area.  I listen at what most people would consider low volume…nowhere near the torture volume levels at most audio shows!  Other than Jazz, I listen to music from or similar to Joni Mitchell, Solomon Burke, Van Morrison, Keb Mo, Cowboy Junkies, Lori Carson, Boz Scaggs, Vienna Teng, etc.

My system is a Bel Canto FM1 Tuner, Musical Fidelity CD Player, Signature 15 Integrated, Horn Shoppe Horns (I have a set of Hawthorne Solos on order), Mapleshade speaker wire, Kimber Silver Streak interconnect for the CD Player and Chord Interconnect for the tuner.

In summary, I am 100% satisfied at all levels with the Signature 15, Vinnie and Red Wine Audio!

Alwayswantmore

Hey FM, welcome to AC and the RWA Circle. Not bad for your first post on AC.

The list of electronics you've owned - to compare to Sig 15 - is impressive. My compares to RWA's DAC include a Wavelength, but I've never hear any of their amps (I sold the WL Cosecant in favor of Vinnie's NOS DAC).

Your Hawthorne Solos sound very interesting. I'm into the being there factor too, with Alnico single drivers. While I know this amp will do well with many speakers, I suspect owners of horns, single drivers and baffles may be among the more appreciative of Sig 15's highly transparent and neutral presentation.

Please do us a favor when the time is right and begin a new thread in RWA Circle to share your impressions of the Sig 15 / Solo pairing.

One thing I forgot to mention -- get with Vinnie or do some research on tube upgrades for your 15. The potential for improvement is high and can really earn this amp a ticket to the big league. K

I have been using my Signature 15 for more than a month now and I could not be more satisfied with the look, functionality and most importantly, the sound!  As Vinnie would attest to, I would have a hard time complaining about this unit since it is exactly what I have been bugging Vinnie to make for years.  I have owned Red Wine units from the beginning and enjoyed them all but the Signature 15 is the best unit in my opinion.  It is all that I need and I don’t find myself looking for something better in Audiogon anymore.

I had a Signature 30 LFP for a short time within the last year and returned it mainly since I needed the input selector on the front of the unit.  From my memory (not from direct comparison), I am much more satisfied with the sound of the Signature 15.  It seems more open, more depth and softer and smoother.  Overall, it is more pleasant to listen to especially for long periods of time.  I also love the compact size and the true Integrated Amp design.

In the past, I have used integrateds from Fi, Nuforce, Wavelength, Kenwood, NAD, Creek, PS Audio and preamp and amp combinations from Audio Research, First Watt, PSE, N.E.W, Berning, Monarchy along with other home brew tube amps.

For reference, I primarily listen to FM since we have a great commercial free Jazz station here in the SF Bay area.  I listen at what most people would consider low volume…nowhere near the torture volume levels at most audio shows!  Other than Jazz, I listen to music from or similar to Joni Mitchell, Solomon Burke, Van Morrison, Keb Mo, Cowboy Junkies, Lori Carson, Boz Scaggs, Vienna Teng, etc.

My system is a Bel Canto FM1 Tuner, Musical Fidelity CD Player, Signature 15 Integrated, Horn Shoppe Horns (I have a set of Hawthorne Solos on order), Mapleshade speaker wire, Kimber Silver Streak interconnect for the CD Player and Chord Interconnect for the tuner.

In summary, I am 100% satisfied at all levels with the Signature 15, Vinnie and Red Wine Audio!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com

Hi FMRadioman,

As Vinnie would attest to, I would have a hard time complaining about this unit since it is exactly what I have been bugging Vinnie to make for years.  I have owned Red Wine units from the beginning and enjoyed them all but the Signature 15 is the best unit in my opinion.  It is all that I need and I don’t find myself looking for something better in Audiogon anymore.

Welcome to the RWA forum!  Great first post, and I glad you are loving your Signature 15 and I appreciate your feedback!

Please keep us post, and happy listening!

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor

I'm excited and honored to learn that the Signature 15 has just earned a
Blue Moon Award from reviewer Srajan Ebaen of 6moons.com

Here is the link to page 1 of the 5-page review:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/redwine14/1.html

First review for the Signature 15 - and a nice way to start off 2012!  :beer:

More great stuff coming soon....

Vinnie

radarnyc

Vinnie - Congrats on, yet, another award! How about an AC group-buy on the sig15 to celebrate!?!  :wink:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Vinnie - Congrats on, yet, another award! How about an AC group-buy on the sig15 to celebrate!?!  :wink:

Thanks, radarnyc,

I'm open to suggestions if there is enough interest here... :wink:

Vinnie

Alwayswantmore

Congratulations Vinnie! At the level Srajan plays, its too bad he didn't try some NOS tubes. IMO there is tremendous potential to shape and improve the results. Try sticking a tube in a First Watt and see how far you get!  :lol: :duh: :scratch: 8)

saisunil

Congrats Vinnie ...
Super Happy 2012 :)