Buy or lease? BMW 228ix or Mercedes CLA250 4-matic?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Buy or lease? BMW 228ix or Mercedes CLA250 4-matic?
« Reply #20 on: 22 Dec 2014, 01:58 pm »
BMW 228ix leased.

I checked out both MB CLA and C class.  The new C is really nice.  CLA is not bad.  Beamer is different.  It's a funner car to drive and everything is for the driver.  I didn't really notice turbo lag on the turbo 4.  It's got plenty power and it makes you go seek out curvy country roads.  It's a fun car.  I hope my mom likes it.  But aside from all that, what made the difference was the money.
BMW uses a much higher residual value in its lease calculation.  I did my research with TrueCar.com and had  capitalized costs on hand.  Dealers seem to accept that price and give you that discount.  At similar prices BMW came out $175 per month less than MB.  I couldn't believe it.  And this is with paying just the first month payment.  I didn't put any additional money down.  Additionally, all scheduled services are covered for 5 years for MBW.  You have to pay for MB.  It usually comes out to about $500 a year for their scheduled services.

So it was no-brainer for me.  I have a feeling I am going to "borrow" the car a lot.