MacSandwich

BCRich1

MacSandwich
« on: 6 Mar 2011, 03:17 pm »
 :D
Just wanted to say that Dave is a true gentleman; I ordered a MacSandwich from him awhile back and unfortunately it arrived damaged. After a few emails back and forth a replacement was sent along with a second one for my hard drive. This allowed me to isolate the drive from the rest of the system.
I can't begin to tell you what an amazing improvement this has made to my system.  The background is dead quiet.  I highly recommend anyone with a Mac Mini to invest in this accessory.  It is a no brainer. Thanks again Dave!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: MacSandwich
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2011, 03:43 pm »
You are quite welcome, sir!  They are pretty good at what they do and don't look to shabby either, if I do say so myself... and I just did.

I'm sorry that USPS beat the crap out of the Double Decker that I sent to you.  Like I told you my Dad said: "A really determined moron can break a bowling ball."  They wouldn't pay for the damage to the first one, either.   :roll:   Oh, well.  Life is.

I am so glad that you are enjoying the Sandwich.  Bon apetit!

Dave

ZLS

« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2011, 03:57 pm »
:D
Just wanted to say that Dave is a true gentleman; I ordered a MacSandwich from him awhile back and unfortunately it arrived damaged. After a few emails back and forth a replacement was sent along with a second one for my hard drive. This allowed me to isolate the drive from the rest of the system.
I can't begin to tell you what an amazing improvement this has made to my system.  The background is dead quiet.  I highly recommend anyone with a Mac Mini to invest in this accessory.  It is a no brainer. Thanks again Dave!

This does not surprise me in the least. 
    In my dealing with Dave, he has shown repeatedly that he is a "Class Act" 
The products he makes ain't too shabby either! 

Nels Ferre

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2011, 04:04 pm »
Great....another thing I need.   :shake:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2011, 04:41 pm »
Great....another thing I need.   :shake:

Hey Nels . What you need to do is review the new Consonance 211T amp with the Macsandwich.

charles

rogerdn

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2011, 07:33 pm »

'I'm sorry that USPS beat the crap out of the Double Decker....'

Dave,

What is the Double Decker ?  Does it hold a HD too ?  Can my McSandwich be ugraded ?  Any idea how much including the HD makes to SQ ?

For you out there without one, think serious abt adding big improvement in SQ.

roger

gooberdude

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2011, 08:58 pm »
I just received a Sandwich from Dave too, the graphite color is beautiful.

Even if the sammy didn't do a thing for the sound, the aesthetics are superb and add a wow factor.

Of course, the reduced noise floor & wider soundstage are a plus   :lol:

highly recommended    :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2011, 09:36 pm »
Dave,

What is the Double Decker ?  Does it hold a HD too ?  Can my McSandwich be ugraded ?  Any idea how much including the HD makes to SQ ?

For you out there without one, think serious abt adding big improvement in SQ.

roger
Roger, Mike originally had a Double Decker for his Mini and HDD, but told me that IHO the HDD set away from the Mini sounds best.  He has a separate Sandwich for his HDD.  Perhaps he will comment on the differences.

If you do want to upgrade all it takes is an additional center section and longer alignment pins which is a flat $100.00 in Graphite and $75.00 in textured black.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2011, 09:40 pm »
I just received a Sandwich from Dave too, the graphite color is beautiful.

Even if the sammy didn't do a thing for the sound, the aesthetics are superb and add a wow factor.

Of course, the reduced noise floor & wider soundstage are a plus   :lol:

highly recommended    :thumb:
8)  Thanks, Matt.

Dave