Mongo power cords

7ryder

Mongo power cords
« on: 23 Jul 2010, 11:56 pm »
Hey Dave -
Can you give us some more details on the Mongo PC?  The website is kind of short on geometry info, shielded/unshielded, etc.  Also, any user reviews anywhere?  Thanks.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Mongo power cords
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2010, 01:11 am »
Hey Dave -
Can you give us some more details on the Mongo PC?  The website is kind of short on geometry info, shielded/unshielded, etc.  Also, any user reviews anywhere?  Thanks.
The entire power cable line up is in a state of transition that will be sorted out in about 4 weeks.  Art S had a pair of the new Mongos in his system for a while and I have them back to do some final tweaks per his request.  Perhaps he will see this thread and chime in. 

Lengths are 1.5m, 2.0 m and custom lengths.  They are cryoed, shielded and twisted copper 10ga. conductors.  Connectors vary.

Sorry to be vague, but there is only vagueness right now.   :|

Dave

arthurs

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2010, 01:17 pm »
Just saw this.  I had the beta version of the Mongo 2.0's on my VAC amps for a few weeks and as Dave said we're working on some fine tuning of them.  I very much liked that despite the gauge they were very easy to work with and place in my system.  As far as other thoughts....Build quality - check....wide and deep soundstage - check....size, spacing and placement of images - check....tonality - nice and smooth top to bottom but this is the area we are trying to do some tweaking....I'll check back in after Dave gets them back to me and let you know results.  If you're thinking about upgrading your power cords, I would recommend giving the Mongo 2.0 a listen for sure.

If you don't think cables have an impact or that they are snakeoil, I would not recommend any cables as you are pleased with whatever you have now, that said, I have no desire to debate anyone's beliefs about cables in this thread so thanks in advance for respecting our discussion here.     

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2010, 09:36 pm »
If you don't think cables have an impact or that they are snakeoil, I would not recommend any cables as you are pleased with whatever you have now, that said, I have no desire to debate anyone's beliefs about cables in this thread so thanks in advance for respecting our discussion here.   

Art, thanks for adding this caveat.  Sooner or later there will be the enevitable "wire is wire" post and this Circle is not the venue for these kinds of posts.

The PI audio group Circle is the home of excellent audio at reasonable cost and how to make it all sound better, especially in the low noise arena.  I would hope that we don't have to deal with the argumentative naysayer.  Hopefully they will go elsewhere. If not, then............   :nono:

Dave

werd

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm »
Are these "Mongo" cords of Blazing Saddles design?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2010, 12:01 am »
Are these "Mongo" cords of Blazing Saddles design?
Alex Karras was a design consultant.   :thumb:

These cables were named by my friend Greg Rael that has a name for everything.  He was also responsible for the MajikBUSS name.  Great guy, great friend.   :D

Dave