Dave

Audioclyde

Dave
« on: 3 Jun 2012, 08:11 pm »
Has anyone heard from Dave lately?  Hope his recovery from the auto accident is going OK.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Re: Dave
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2012, 08:22 pm »
Has anyone heard from Dave lately?  Hope his recovery from the auto accident is going OK.

I spoke with Dave on Friday evening... he's hurting big time... a lot of PT... his sternum cartilage basically was torn from his rib cage (ouch, big time!)... Dave told me he needs another 12 weeks of PT to try gain 90% of reattachment...

Hope Dave isn't mad at me for sharing too much...

Please keep Dave in your prayers... never underestimate the power of prayer!

Peace,
Pete

Audioclyde

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2012, 08:29 pm »
Thanks Pete.  I'd heard from him a few weeks ago and knew he was having a hard time.  He's definitely in our thoughts & prayers.

Randy

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2012, 10:23 pm »
Well he has our prayers

charles

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2012, 11:09 pm »
 :o

And he just sent me my Mac Sandwich which has worked out great. Safe and quick recovery my friend...injuries such as his tends to wax and wane. :cry:

Anand.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2012, 11:48 pm »
Dave
Get well my friend!
Mark

saisunil

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2012, 12:27 am »
Get well soon Dave ... wish you speedy recovery and good health and happiness

Berto

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:09 am »
Wow, after reading Petes update, I would also like to send my well wishes for a full recovery Dave.

Excited for my first PI audio product (uberbuss) as I've already heard it's superb results in Petes rig :thumb:

trekker

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:41 am »
Praying for a full and fast recovery.

Arnold

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:37 pm »
WOW!!  You take a day off from the internet and the world is a different place.

First of all, thank each and every one of you.  Your kindness and well wishes mean so much to me.

It has indeed been tough since the accident.  My old body was not ready for a crushing chest injury, but the high dosage of Percoset that I was on made it tolerable after about 2 weeks and I could work a bit.  Then I decided that I was going to be a hopeless Perc junkie unless I came off of the meds.  I did that last week and it was tough... still is.  I would really like to go back on them but I know better than that.  Basically I lost last week due to the withdrawals.  I will never take those sons of b&#)$!s again.

For all of the outstanding orders that I have right now, I will be shipping those this week... I think.  I will be going out to the salvage yard with an accident reconstruction consultant to pull the crash data off of the event data recorder to see what really happened.  It will be good to know since I was unconcious at the time of impact.  My chest thinks I was going at least mach .6 when I hit the telephone pole.  :o

Thanks again for your patience and concern.  Life is good here at Audio Circle  :thumb:

Dave

Audioclyde

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:41 pm »
Hey buddy, sorry if I set of the alarm bells, but we all just want you to get well!!!  As I indicated in my email, the most important thing is that you recover, and do so in way that works for you---this audio stuff can wait.

Glad to hear your fighting through it, and you know we are sending our best wishes, thoughts & prayers.

Randy

roscoeiii

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2012, 02:41 pm »
Take good care of yourself Dave. You know you have our support and best wishes always.

mdconnelly

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2012, 03:33 pm »
Thinking about you Dave... take good care!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #13 on: 4 Jun 2012, 04:08 pm »
Hope you continue to get better, and I'll second staying far away from those pills just as soon as you can.

Take it easy and get better. Don't push too hard for awhile, even if you're starting to feel better. NO SETBACKS!!!!!!!!!!

PS - if you end up with any Q's after spending time with the reconstructionist, shoot me a PM. Retired now, but a CA POST Certified Traffic Reconstructionist, and love going over that stuff from time to time.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #14 on: 4 Jun 2012, 04:34 pm »
Get stronger by the day.  And you will without depending on narcotics for relief.  Make them the past.  Be free and smile. 

xsb7244

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jun 2012, 05:35 pm »
Yes pain killers are addictive but for short term they are OK.  Do not get hooked on them.  Instead get hooked
on prayers.  Prayers are not always answered but a lot of times they are.  Get well Dave.