New Bryston SC4 speaker cables

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: New Bryston SC4 speaker cables
« Reply #40 on: 7 May 2011, 09:19 pm »
Hey James, what's the minimum length I would need for the 4BSST to each speaker? 4 or 5 ft? The amp is directly between the speakers on a Target base.

The speaker cable has to be long enough to reach from the amp to the speaker :lol:

james

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #41 on: 8 May 2011, 01:41 am »
The speaker cable has to be long enough to reach from the amp to the speaker :lol:

james

Haha, I know that. But how far apart should I have my speakers. Well, anyway, I suppose 4 ft. will be enough...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #42 on: 8 May 2011, 10:47 am »
Haha, I know that. But how far apart should I have my speakers. Well, anyway, I suppose 4 ft. will be enough...

Dave,

Depending on the dispersion characteristics of your speakers try to separate the speakers the same distance you are away from them.  So if you're 8 feet away separate them by 8 feet or slightly less.  You do not want a hole in the middle of the sound stage but you also want as wide a soundstage as possible.

james

vegasdave

« Reply #43 on: 10 May 2011, 10:51 pm »
Dave,

Depending on the dispersion characteristics of your speakers try to separate the speakers the same distance you are away from them.  So if you're 8 feet away separate them by 8 feet or slightly less.  You do not want a hole in the middle of the sound stage but you also want as wide a soundstage as possible.

james

I'll make a note of it, James.

Marius

28b to quad esl 63
« Reply #44 on: 15 May 2011, 04:24 pm »
Hi James,

which termination would you recommend for these speakercables to connect the 28b's  to Quad ESl63's? And how would I have to preceed in ordering them? They would have to be about two feet long.

Grtz,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
Re: 28b to quad esl 63
« Reply #45 on: 15 May 2011, 04:50 pm »
Hi James,

which termination would you recommend for these speakercables to connect the 28b's  to Quad ESl63's? And how would I have to preceed in ordering them? They would have to be about two feet long.

Grtz,
Marius

Hi Marius

I would recommend the large spades on the amp end and the bananas on the speaker end. Just email Melissa at Bryston if you want a set - mmiles@Bryston.com

James

Marius

« Reply #46 on: 15 May 2011, 05:06 pm »
consider it done, thanx,
Marius

vegasdave

« Reply #47 on: 16 May 2011, 03:08 am »
Hi Marius

I would recommend the large spades on the amp end and the bananas on the speaker end. Just email Melissa at Bryston if you want a set - mmiles@Bryston.com

James

Why not bananas at the amp end, James?

joeling39

« Reply #48 on: 16 May 2011, 06:39 am »
Some amps do not take bananas.

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #49 on: 16 May 2011, 08:26 am »
Some amps do not take bananas.

he's using 28B, the knob accepts both spades and bananas. ( so bi-wiring = spade + banana on the 28B)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #50 on: 16 May 2011, 11:19 am »

Hi Dave,

The large spades we sell are heavily gold plated and snap into the bnding posts on the Bryston amps.  It provides a large non corrosive surface and a molecularly tight fit. On most speakers the binding post sometimes will not accept a spade very well so I find our 'expandable' banana works better in most cases.

james

won ton on

« Reply #51 on: 16 May 2011, 01:13 pm »
 i just removed my banana's from my amp (4bsst2) and speakers as i was not getting a very good contact. it could have been because they were 20 years old and a bit oxidized or metal fatigue had set in. quite happy with just the spades no both ends now

vegasdave

« Reply #52 on: 17 May 2011, 09:54 am »
Hi Dave,

The large spades we sell are heavily gold plated and snap into the bnding posts on the Bryston amps.  It provides a large non corrosive surface and a molecularly tight fit. On most speakers the binding post sometimes will not accept a spade very well so I find our 'expandable' banana works better in most cases.

james

Ok, cool. Spades at the amp end it is!

Alpha10

« Reply #53 on: 18 May 2011, 01:44 pm »
Hi James,

I was thinking about getting some of your new speaker cable to go with my new 4BSST2, but from the UK do I need to go through PMC or can I buy directly from you guys, or would the postage be prohibitive?

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #54 on: 18 May 2011, 02:10 pm »
Hi James,

I was thinking about getting some of your new speaker cable to go with my new 4BSST2, but from the UK do I need to go through PMC or can I buy directly from you guys, or would the postage be prohibitive?

Cheers

Direct - PMC does not carry the cable. Contact Melissa at Bryston and she will give you a cost.  mmyles@bryston.com

james

Alpha10

« Reply #55 on: 18 May 2011, 02:24 pm »
Direct - PMC does not carry the cable. Contact Melissa at Bryston and she will give you a cost.  mmyles@bryston.com

james

Excellent, I will have a measure up and get in touch.

Thanks

Marius

« Reply #56 on: 21 May 2011, 04:54 pm »
Hi James,
I ordered with Mmiles@bryston.com as you hinted, but never got an answer. Mmyles@bryston should do the trick?
 8)
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #57 on: 21 May 2011, 05:34 pm »
Hi James,
I ordered with Mmiles@bryston.com as you hinted, but never got an answer. Mmyles@bryston should do the trick?
 8)
Marius

mmyles@bryston.com

vengky

« Reply #58 on: 14 Jun 2011, 09:05 am »
Hi
I just got 2 new sets of SC4. I mistakenly ordered 4 pairs instead of 2 pairs. Spades were for amp and bananas for speaker. So now am thinking of using them as a bi-wire of sorts (PMC speakers). Since the amp will not be able to fit both spades, as it too thick I am thinking of connecting the spare pair using the bananas. This means reversing the cable.

So my question is are the signal flow of the speaker cables engineered for 1 direction only.

VK

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #59 on: 14 Jun 2011, 09:49 am »
So my question is are the signal flow of the speaker cables engineered for 1 direction only.

In general (and for ease) always go in the direction of the text printed on the cable. So:

AMPLIFIER ===> this is the text printed on the cable ===> LOUDSPEAKERS

And not:

LOUDSPEAKERS ===> this is the text printed on the cable ===> AMPLIFIER