Reference: Recommended Vinyl Accessories

GentleBender

Re: Reference: Recommended Vinyl Accessories
« Reply #80 on: 16 Nov 2015, 09:58 pm »
I sent him an email to inquire.  :scratch:

Folsom

« Reply #81 on: 29 Aug 2016, 02:36 am »
Strobily, an App for Android. It can strobe whatever you want, only $0.99.

Well, maybe, my phone taps out at 26hz so I got a problem since I can't find strobe discs at or below 26hz.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2016, 07:10 am by Folsom »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #82 on: 15 Sep 2016, 12:42 pm »
Cartridge installation and adjustment kit:
http://www.k-m-a.us/collections/services/products/cartridge-installation-adjustment
I wonder how this device works? :scratch:
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2016, 02:52 pm by FullRangeMan »

BobRex

« Reply #83 on: 15 Sep 2016, 05:34 pm »
Cartridge installation and adjustment kit:
http://www.k-m-a.us/collections/services/products/cartridge-installation-adjustment
I wonder how this device works? :scratch:

I'm assuming you're being ironic, but just in case....  This is a service, not a product per se.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #84 on: 15 Sep 2016, 05:56 pm »
I'm assuming you're being ironic, but just in case....  This is a service, not a product per se.
Sorry I dont figure out it was a service, hard to believe a vinyl lover could send his beloved TT that sometimes are big and heavy to Maine.

Folsom

« Reply #85 on: 22 Sep 2016, 08:20 pm »
Did I mention lint rollers? They are my absolutely new favorite accessory. You don't use them on your vinyl, because it'll generate static. But for a long time I've wondered what to use to get off the debris that stick to my brush thing (mofi). I'd wipe it on something else clean or brush it with a clean hand a little. Then one day when I had a lint rollers handy a light bulb went off in my head! So much easier to get everything off before playing, without putting it back on!

Twinsfan007

« Reply #86 on: 16 Jan 2020, 09:47 am »
I would STRONGLY recommend that everyone get a onzow stylus cleaner. They work AMAZING for me personally and I love them.

krustykat

« Reply #87 on: 16 Jan 2020, 04:50 pm »
A couple of things that I use that I didn't see mentioned.  I use a toothbrush for cleaning off the residue left on the felt pads of my vpi 16.5 vacuum record cleaner.  I clean the pads after each side of record cleaning. The other thing that I use commonly is  a UV black light flashlight.  Typically used to find pet pee (or worse  :o), this is very handy to do a final check on your vinyl to see if any dust or dandruff appeared on your vinyl in-between your cleaner and turntable.  It'll show up any dust as very white specs.   The vinyl is then zapped with a Milty Zerostat and brushed off with a static free brush to give you a perfectly clean record.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer

Rocket

« Reply #89 on: 22 Apr 2020, 10:46 am »
Hi,

I'm thinking about trying one of these.  Its a cheaper option:

http://revolutionturntable.com.au/shop/accessories/enhancements/audio-technica-at6006r-tonearm-safety-raiser/

Cheers Rod

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #90 on: 22 Apr 2020, 03:28 pm »
Wonder what is the expected performance on this MAF tone arm?

FreddyJ

« Reply #91 on: 30 Apr 2020, 01:30 pm »
Some great stuff in this thread. Exciting about reading more. Newbie so still learning.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #92 on: 1 May 2021, 05:57 pm »
Just found this inexpensive $7usd vinyl alu clamp:
http://www.mableaudio.com/en/productview.asp?sid=9973

drmoss_ca

« Reply #93 on: 20 Sep 2023, 06:40 pm »
I think cleaning vinyl is the biggest upgrade of all. I stared with a VPI 16.5, which worked, but was noisy and kept snapping the plastic wands. Then moved to a RecordDoctor to do both sides at once. Eventually I splurged on a Loricraft PRC4 (now owned by SME) which is a turntable-like point source vacuum (I think the Monks is similar). I was happy for many years and then I heard someone had invented U/S record cleaning, so now I get the gross stuff off with the Loricraft, then use a Degritter to finish the job. I can't magically cure scratches, but most disks end up silent.
After that a new inner sleeve goes on and before playing I use a Furutech Destat III and a photographic rocket blower to remove any dust. The dust detaches and blows off very easily after the using the Destat, so I think the latter actually does something!

Chris