RMAF new stuff, new stuff.... (pics on page 2)

jparkhur

Re: RMAF new stuff, new stuff....
« Reply #20 on: 19 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm »

SoCalWJS

« Reply #21 on: 19 Sep 2012, 02:49 pm »
It appears that Serenity Acoustics will be targeted to a high end clientele, so we may be drooling over products that we can't afford. Danny -- are you pulling a Romney on us??? Please sir -- don't turn your back on the poor and disenfranchised audiophile. We pay our taxes.  :lol:
Hey, if they're too much money, but you really want them, maybe you can ask the other Forum members to "redistribute" a pair your way.  :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 19 Sep 2012, 02:53 pm »
Hey, if they're too much money, but you really want them, maybe you can ask the other Forum members to "redistribute" a pair your way.  :lol:

Okay, that's funny, but you guys are treading across a fine line. Please back away from the line. Everything is fine here. Move along now...

jparkhur

« Reply #23 on: 19 Sep 2012, 02:53 pm »
I am currently reading Animal Farm and 1984...  But I really just want to know more about Danny's new designs... . Keep focus Comrades, keep focus Comrades... subs, drivers and new speakers for Xmas... or the holiday season..or just because....survival of the fittest speaker...  No line here....  Just building speakers and listening to great cd's and 8 Tracks.. 

Danny- will Serenity have its first coming out party at RMAF

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:03 pm »
Danny- will Serenity have its first coming out party at RMAF

Yes!

Want to see some pics anyone?

jparkhur

« Reply #25 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:07 pm »
send me pictures... i have to see.... i want more speakers to put in my basement... i only have 12 pairs... i need more to look at and try... please send pics... NOW

Danny Richie

« Reply #26 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:15 pm »
How is this?

Want to see whats inside?  :D

ebag4

« Reply #27 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:15 pm »
YES!!!
From the location of that photo it appears Ruben has already seen what's inside. 

How about it Ruben, what about the sound??

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:18 pm »
The lower section still gets line with No Rez, but.... you get the idea.

How about a little closer up?

ebag4

« Reply #29 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:19 pm »
WOW!!!  How about a rear view?

Okay...

Drivers are physically in line and acoustically in phase front to back.

How about a top down view?

« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2012, 03:21 pm by Danny Richie »

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:19 pm »
Okay, a little closer on the front.

Yes that is a small wave guide around the tweeter. It helps the tweeter reach a little lower and helps maintain an even and more controlled dispersion.

That is also a custom Neo 3 designed for this application.

Danny Richie

« Reply #31 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:25 pm »
YES!!!
From the location of that photo it appears Ruben has already seen what's inside. 

How about it Ruben, what about the sound??

Yes, Ruben built the cabinets, but he has not heard them yet.  :lol:  Hey, Ruben does the best work. So why not.

So yes, these are American made speakers. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #32 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:28 pm »
This seven driver design pays a little homage to an old but impressive loudspeaker kit sold back in the late 70's by Sound Lab by carrying on its name.

Gentlemen meet the Super-7.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #33 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:34 pm »
Oh Baby!  :D

Can't wait to hear these at RMAF!

Danny Richie

« Reply #34 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:36 pm »
And speaking of how it sounds....

Remember a few years back when I introduced the Super-V and made a bold statement that with the open baffle servo controlled subs of the Super-V we would have the best sounding bass response of any room at the show. Price no object, best sounding bass at the show. And we did. Many came by to see and hear for themselves. And no one even challenged the claim.

This year that aspect will be even better.

And I will go further out on a limb and say that I bet our room will have the best sounding mid-range of any room at the show. And the highs for that matter will be right with it.

These Neo 10's really raise the bar. With these drivers in an open baffle there is nothing really like it. Super fast, detailed, smooth, clean... all over the top.

I have never heard a speaker like these. Nothing that I know of is this good top to bottom. And I am not saying this to hype it. I am saying it because it's true and I challenge everyone to come see (or hear) if that claim is valid.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
« Reply #35 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:38 pm »
Yep. My first listen will be at the show!  :thumb:

BTW, the pictures do not do these things justice! The proportions are distorted and the pearl white doesn't show it's true brilliance.

I'll be sure to do a better job with the pics on the next run.

Best,

Ruben

ebag4

« Reply #36 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:42 pm »
Too cool!  How about some specs?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #37 on: 19 Sep 2012, 03:52 pm »
Wow. Now that's a statement speaker! :o

Danny Richie

« Reply #38 on: 19 Sep 2012, 04:11 pm »
Ruben is correct. These look MUCH better in person. The camera is just not catching the look of this pearl paint.

Too cool!  How about some specs?

How about 96db sensitivity.

And there is no inductive rise. The impedance is a pure resistive load. These speakers also come with an inline RCA filter (first order filter) to remove the lows from the Neo 10's. So there are no passive high pass parts in the crossover for the Neo 10's. So the speakers are an 8 ohm load and has no current demand on the customers amplifier. So you can drive these baby's with anything.

And of course the dual servo subs play flat to 20Hz and are -3db down in the teens.

rockdrummer

« Reply #39 on: 19 Sep 2012, 04:11 pm »
I have goosebumps!  I'm slowly getting close to buying a big kit from danny.  This makes it really exciting!
ben