Its with a heavy heart I report this

Jumpin

Re: Its with a heavy heart I report this
« Reply #20 on: 24 Feb 2012, 10:29 pm »
Here's to you Bill!  Your memory & the Dynaco SCA-35 sitting across from my desk which you so masterfully restored will live on always.

Mark

JohnR

« Reply #21 on: 24 Feb 2012, 10:37 pm »
I'm very sorry indeed to hear that...

Bill's Dynaco articles were probably the best posts I've ever seen.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #22 on: 25 Feb 2012, 05:40 am »
You could see and read and feel the passion in his Dynaco restoration posts.  I really enjoyed his posts.  RIP.
+1   :(

doug s.

cheap-Jack

« Reply #23 on: 25 Feb 2012, 04:09 pm »
Hi.
I'm very sorry indeed to hear that...

Bill's Dynaco articles were probably the best posts I've ever seen.

May I be directed to read up Bill's Dynaco articles, please.

c-J
a Dynaco restorer.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #24 on: 25 Feb 2012, 04:42 pm »
Bill was one of the best friends I ever had that I never personally met.

He was always helpful and encouraging.  I was amazed with his workmanship and attention to detail.  He could restore audio components that I would have given up on.

He did wonders restoring old equipment and did it just for the love of it.

He will be very much missed.

Frank Van Alstine

Lefty052347

• AVA Associate
« Reply #25 on: 25 Feb 2012, 08:31 pm »
May I suggest than who ever oversees this circle make Bill's restoration posts sticky for the benefit of current and future readers.

Regards,
Dean

Mark Korda

• Dawkus
« Reply #26 on: 25 Feb 2012, 09:57 pm »
Hi,Bill really inspired me to be a better DIY Hi-Fi nut.His articles on rebuilding Dyna stuff were better than any book or magizine close to the subject than I ever saw in my life.An encouragement note from him is hanging on my wall like a prized piece of art...I'll miss you greatly...Mark Korda

Brett Buck

« Reply #27 on: 26 Feb 2012, 12:19 am »
Mr. Bill Thomas has passed on as of  November 2011. He has been fighting something for quite a while now. He was truly one of a kind. He will certainly be missed by all that knew him.
Rest in piece Bill :cry:

Mike

This is very sad news, although not terribly surprising given the long unexplained absence.

Bill's posts here were far and away the best of their type I have ever seen, in any venue. His workmanship was extraordinary. Not many people would be willing to tackle something like taking the Scott preamp down to bare metal and back, even fewer would succeed. His was a singular talent that will not likely be repeated.

I never met the man personally, only through audiocircle, but I feel a personal loss nonetheless.

Brett

smbrown

« Reply #28 on: 2 Mar 2012, 04:19 am »
I echo the thoughts of others. Very sad indeed! I hope he is in a better place, up to his knees in Dynaco stuff that needs restoration! Bill was a great inspiration and a kind heart. RIP

ratso

« Reply #29 on: 28 Mar 2012, 10:06 pm »
i only check in here every once in a while so i didn't catch this until today. sorry to be so late but my sincere condolences to family and friends. i am hardly a diy'er, half the time i could barely fathom what he was doing in his threads but they were just amazing and i always looked forward to them. a true craftsman.

orthobiz

« Reply #30 on: 28 Mar 2012, 10:52 pm »
I had hoped for a bit more information on Bill from someone who knew him well. Anybody on the forum have a few more details to flesh out Bill The Man? Thanks,

Paul

Listens2tubes

« Reply #31 on: 20 Apr 2012, 01:49 am »
RIP Bill Thomas. I have such respect for his work. I hope more can be learned about him and his life in electronics.