Auralic Vega DAC

paul79

• Industry Participant
Re: Auralic Vega DAC
« Reply #160 on: 26 Feb 2015, 07:53 pm »
Mistaken you are! I do not sell Totaldac products. I am just a demo center in the US. You buy everything from Vincent. Unlike you, I don't make 10% for every USB Cable I promote (like those routers you pedal your discount code for?). Matter of fact, I make nothing.

What's it do for the data? Filters noise. Beyond that? Ask Vincent... What's it do for the sound?

Resolution and image focus like no other USB Cable.
Solidity of the performance, locking artists in respective locations perfectly. Not in "that area" they become "right fkn there" spread out in a true to life rendering
Ultra clear and transparent
Linear performance top to bottom. Doesn't warm, blurr, or sugar cote anything. It just simply, filters noise.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #161 on: 26 Feb 2015, 08:02 pm »
Mistaken you are! I do not sell Totaldac products. I am just a demo center in the US. You buy everything from Vincent. Unlike you, I don't make 10% for every USB Cable I promote (like those routers you pedal your discount code for?). Matter of fact, I make nothing.

What's it do for the data? Filters noise. Beyond that? Ask Vincent... What's it do for the sound?

Resolution and image focus like no other USB Cable.
Solidity of the performance, locking artists in respective locations perfectly. Not in "that area" they become "right fkn there" spread out in a true to life rendering
Ultra clear and transparent
Linear performance top to bottom. Doesn't warm, blurr, or sugar cote anything. It just simply, filters noise.
Nice.   :lol:   I could have sworn you said you were a dealer for them.  Maybe that was AURALiC though.  Sorry if I was wrong. 

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #162 on: 26 Feb 2015, 08:08 pm »
Yes, I am a dealer for Auralic. They make the best products at their price points, no doubt. The Vega puts any DAC under $10K to shame that I am aware of, so I have no problem promoting this company. Best bang for your buck, period.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2015, 05:32 am by paul79 »

nickd

« Reply #163 on: 26 Feb 2015, 11:47 pm »

Anyone have the chance to compare the two DAC's on the same system yet? (PS Audio DirectStream VS Vega)

I have - no contest the Vega is better, IMO.

Thanks for the input Tyson.

I will have a look for a deal on the Vega - Aries combo. Right now I use a Sonos in to my PS Audio PWD 1. Not shabby by any means, but I think the bar has been raised in the last year or so by new offerings like the Vega.

One question though. Is volume control easy using that combo by using the I pad APP? I have really enjoyed using the I Pad interface with the Sonos. I would hate to go backwards to the old point and click IR remotes. Sometimes you need to crank up a good song from the kitchen. :drums:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

robcentola

« Reply #164 on: 30 Mar 2015, 06:50 pm »
The upgrade of my electronics has begun and my speakers will feel more at home :) Vega, you will be mine! MMuuuaahhahahaaaa (evil laugh).

doctorcilantro

« Reply #165 on: 19 May 2015, 05:40 am »
I just updated to the new Auralic driver 2.22?

So far so good.

I have noticed in the last year, at times I have corrupt audio, not dropouts, but like digital clipping "cracking audio" and I have to put Vega to sleep for a second. I still don't get dropouts using EXACT with my Adnaco setup and for once haven't upgraded anything in my system for a year.

I see a lot of new DAC products coming out now, but finally, just, happy.

*Scotty*

« Reply #166 on: 19 May 2015, 04:06 pm »
What procedure did you follow to update the driver?
Scotty

doctorcilantro

« Reply #167 on: 19 May 2015, 04:20 pm »
I followed the exact instructions in the .txt, but then had to put Vega to sleep once, and it works fine after that. I think that happened last time too.

robcentola

« Reply #168 on: 19 May 2015, 05:54 pm »
Just received the Vega. Went direct (for now) and had it up and running paired with the Aries. I really don't know what to say, but wow. After only an hour or so, I feel so much more involved in the music. So much realism with piano, drums and vocals I swear I can almost taste it. So fluid, smooth and with texture that's hard for me to describe.

So far my expectations have been met and it's only going to get better.

Now I listen......

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #169 on: 19 May 2015, 08:08 pm »
HA! Hey Rob.... Glad you are getting instant gratification from the Vega! It really is a great product, and do enjoy it!

Paul

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #170 on: 19 May 2015, 09:47 pm »
Just received the Vega. Went direct (for now) and had it up and running paired with the Aries. I really don't know what to say, but wow. After only an hour or so, I feel so much more involved in the music. So much realism with piano, drums and vocals I swear I can almost taste it. So fluid, smooth and with texture that's hard for me to describe.

So far my expectations have been met and it's only going to get better.

Now I listen......

From one carolina phile to another: Welcome to the Vega club! Enjoy! :thumb: :thumb:

Best,
Anand.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #171 on: 23 May 2015, 04:47 pm »
Has any one directly compared the Vega to the PS Audio DSD?  I am considering buying either one of these.

Thanks!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #172 on: 23 May 2015, 06:22 pm »
Has any one directly compared the Vega to the PS Audio DSD?  I am considering buying either one of these.

Thanks!

Yes, the Vega is better. 

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #173 on: 23 May 2015, 06:40 pm »
Thanks Tyson, can you give me a semi-detailed description of the sound of both and why you like the Vega?  I don't want anything bright sounding.  I have a live room with wood floors and lots of big windows.

Thanks again,

Larry

Tyson

« Reply #174 on: 23 May 2015, 07:45 pm »
Vega is more fluid and analog like, the PS is drier and less pleasant.

robcentola

« Reply #175 on: 23 May 2015, 08:33 pm »
"Fluid" is an accurate description.  :banana piano:

RDavidson

« Reply #176 on: 24 May 2015, 03:44 pm »
Should we assume the PS Audio had the latest firmware at the time of comparison? According to reviews, the Pikes Peak update, made a profound improvement in sound quality over the original firmware the DS shipped with.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #177 on: 24 May 2015, 10:44 pm »
I have read in Stereophile that the Pike's Peak upgrade improves the sound but it can also make the system sound bright and that it is not recommended for systems or rooms that lean to the sunny side.  They recommended staying with the 1.2 version software which is more laid back.  This is what has me concerned about the PS Audio.  I like things to have a little bit of warmth and darkness while still being musical and detailed.

Tyson

« Reply #178 on: 24 May 2015, 11:00 pm »
Should we assume the PS Audio had the latest firmware at the time of comparison? According to reviews, the Pikes Peak update, made a profound improvement in sound quality over the original firmware the DS shipped with.

Dunno.  None of the DAC's were mine.  Of the ones we had on hand, the MSB Analog DAC was clearly the best, the Vega was next, and the PS was a distant 3rd.

gadfly

« Reply #179 on: 24 May 2015, 11:05 pm »
There really is  no substitute for an in-home trial of
sufficient length.  Any forum participant know of any
US auralic dealers that offer a trial?  If so, how long,
and is there a restock fee?

gad-