Post Pictures of your Aether Audio / SP Technolgy Systems Here

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
Re: Post Pictures of your Aether Audio / SP Technolgy Systems Here
« Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2011, 03:00 am »
Those are Standman stands 34" apart, 29" from the side wall. There are 2 pieces of granite in between the Minis and stands.

Thats an AV123 UFW-12 Hot Rod sub.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #21 on: 30 Dec 2011, 03:04 am »
Here's my finished acoustical remodel project, with Revelations and Continuums

spence

« Reply #22 on: 30 Dec 2011, 03:48 am »
That's one impressive setup Ted!!!

Hey Bill,
  Good to hear from you! The speakers are sounding great as usual. I don't frequent this forum as much as I used to. Seems it gets a bit quiet around here at times.
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2011, 01:39 pm by spence »

Kinger

« Reply #23 on: 30 Dec 2011, 03:55 am »
That is one beautiful space.  I can only imagine how great it must sound.

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #24 on: 30 Dec 2011, 04:00 am »
Thanks guys.  It DOES sound great, thanks to Jeff Hedback's wonderful acoustical makeover, some great Ethan Winer Realtraps, and..of course, Bob Smith's amazing speakers.  Dan Wright's monoblocks (Modwright) don't hurt either!!  :)  My DACs have changed (anyone who knows me is saying "duh!").  :)

If anyone is visiting NE Ohio, ping me for an evening of tunes.  See some of you at CES. 

PMAT

« Reply #25 on: 30 Dec 2011, 06:00 am »
Jesus Christ, Ted. Room artistry! Fung Shuey baby!

Kinger

« Reply #26 on: 30 Dec 2011, 01:00 pm »
My parents live in Strongsville, OH and I visit them many times throughout the year.  Would love to get the opportunity to hear your system sometime.

spence

« Reply #27 on: 30 Dec 2011, 03:08 pm »
It's hard to follow up after seeing Ted's pics, but I'll man up! Here's my little living room space.

jackman

« Reply #28 on: 30 Dec 2011, 04:24 pm »
Some very cool pictures in this thread.  After hearing Roscoe"s Mini SP"s, I'm amazed these speakers aren't more popular.  Is Bill still making speakers?  He is a super talented designer and I hope he can find funding or a partner to start producing these speakers again. 

SP Tech owners are a very fortunate bunch!  I'm really liking the looks of those maple speakers.

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #29 on: 30 Dec 2011, 04:32 pm »
Some very cool pictures in this thread.  After hearing Roscoe"s Mini SP"s, I'm amazed these speakers aren't more popular.  Is Bill still making speakers?  He is a super talented designer and I hope he can find funding or a partner to start producing these speakers again. 

SP Tech owners are a very fortunate bunch!  I'm really liking the looks of those maple speakers.

Bill who?  I'm not sure you don't mean Bob Smith, the founder and designer of Aether Audio/SP Tech?  If so, then yes, he is still at it, part-time.  He is due to deliver a 5.1 set of Continuums to southern Indiana in the next few weeks.  I will see him at CES (we have dinner every year there, among other things).  He and family are moving out to the country and the new digs has a nice 2 story workshop on the property.  I think it will help him do more design work.  He is close to partnering with an outsourced enclosure builder, which will help Aether's overall QC, build times, etc.

jackman

« Reply #30 on: 30 Dec 2011, 05:28 pm »
Sorry, Bob Smith!  Great news about the developments!  He's a talked guy and I'm happy to hear the good news. Your system and room are among my favorites.  I hope to hear it in person someday.

Cheers,

Jack