Welcome to The Lab!

JohnR

Welcome to The Lab!
« on: 30 Dec 2002, 01:40 am »
This circle, The Lab, is for technical topics and DIY. We welcome the participation of any industry people here on a technical level, and hope that this will be a place for some good discussions on design and design philosophy. If you have projects, then we would love to hear about those too! You can of course post pictures of your project in the Gallery and link to it from here.

JohnR

Pez

Welcome to The Lab!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2002, 04:31 am »
Would this include things such as tube rolling, isolation, voodoo magic?

mgalusha

Welcome to The Lab!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2002, 04:35 am »
Quote from: Jason Wong

That's they way I see it. I just posted an article on turntable damping/isolation.

Mike

JohnR

Welcome to The Lab!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2002, 06:23 am »
Quote from: Jason Wong

Yeah, why not, voodoo magic is fine as long as you provide a technical explanation  ;)

J

Jay S

Welcome to The Lab!
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2002, 09:29 am »
I would enjoy seeing Curt of IRD post here as he is an engineer by training and explains well.  

I hope the voodoo doesn't go out of control.  I'd like to understand why such tweaks improve the sound; assertions that they work can stay in a general discussion-type forum.

randytsuch

Welcome to The Lab!
« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2002, 04:08 pm »
Hi Jay,
I understand why you want to understand the theory behind tweaks, but for myself, I have somewhat given up on that.  Right now, I do things where I do not understand why they make things sound better, but I can hear an inprovement in the sound, and that's what really matters to me.
It's great to understand, but not understanding does not stop me from trying something.  :wink:

Randy