Lost Job Fire Sale

Lymbo90

Lost Job Fire Sale
« on: 19 Mar 2015, 07:01 pm »
O.K. folks.  This is a sale/charity thread.  :cry:

I just lost my job so I need to sell some of my goods.

I'm selling two Technics SL-1600MK2's.  One with a dustcover, the other without.  Neither with cartridges however I am selling an extremely nice cartridge as well.

Both 1600MK2's are very, very clean.  Both have brand new tonearm motor drive belts and both have just had all contacts deoxit and spindles oiled. Plinths have been cleaned and waxed.  These really are very nice 1600MK2's.

I am also selling an Ortofon Quintet Black that is practically brand new.  It's not even broken in yet.  My best guess is less than 50 hours.

ASKING PRICES:

Item 1 - Technics SL-1600MK2 - This is the cleanest of the two.  I would conservatively give it a 9/10.  The dustcover has some swirls.  The plinth has just a couple of very minor scratches that are very hard to see. $450 + Free shipping in the U.S.

Item 2 - Technics SL-1600MK2 - This one I would rate an 8/10.  No dustcover either.  Still cleaner than 95% of what you'll find on Fleabay.  $375 + Free shipping in the U.S.

Item 3 - Ortofon Quintet Black - Sublime sounding sweetness!!!  $599 + Free Shipping in the U.S.  (This is a steal - $400 of New Retail Price!)

Please buy my stuff!!  I'm just now over 50 so who knows how long it will take to find anything even near what I was making.  My troubles are your opportunities to get some very nice gear at great prices!!!

I will send pics to serious buyers.

Serious interested parties may contact me at: (828) 301-2612 - my name is Jeff.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2015, 08:10 pm by Lymbo90 »

vinyleater

Re: Lost Job Fire Sale
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2015, 11:33 pm »
Very sorry to hear about your job loss.  I just picked up a nice SL-1500 Mk. I, otherwise I might be interested.  GLWS.

this_is_vv

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2015, 11:46 pm »
GLWS , hope things get better for you

WireNut

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2015, 11:50 pm »
I feel your pain brother. I lost by job last September. It's been rough but I'm surviving somehow. Had to sell off all my equipment to pay bills. Trying to peice and old system back together just to have something to listen to. Hoping for the best to you. Stay positive. It'll all work out in the end.

Lymbo90

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:04 am »
Thanks for the well wishes.  Very kind of you all.  This does suck in a big way.  Keepin' the positive vibrations going though.

I forgot to add one other item:

Item 4 - Ortofon 2M Red - Haven't even played it.  It came with my brother's Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC and he immediately took it off and put another cart on it.  He was kind enough to give it to me to sell.

Asking Price
$45 + Free Shipping in the U.S.

Also, on all 4 items I will entertain fair offers out of desperation!  All I ask is that you don't low ball me.  Thanks.

Lymbo90

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:19 am »
Here are some pics.  Reminder...the turntables are selling without cartridges.  The Isonoe footers in the pics aren't included either.  Thanks.

Item 1:

Item 2:

Item 3:

Item 4:

Ictwoody

• Art Director. Artist. Kansan.
« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:44 am »
I'll take the 2M Red. Pm coming.

- Woody

Lymbo90

« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:23 am »
Item 4 - 2M Red has been sold.

trackball02

« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2015, 04:02 am »
How did the Ortofon Quintet Black sound on your 1600MK2?
I have the same turntable and am looking to update my cartridge.

Lymbo90

« Reply #9 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:53 am »
How did the Ortofon Quintet Black sound on your 1600MK2?
I have the same turntable and am looking to update my cartridge.

Better than anything I've ever played on it.  I love the Quintet Black.

Lymbo90

« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:55 pm »
Yuk.  Looks like I'm going to have to use FleaBay.  Their fees have gotten out of hand.  And I don't feel like dealing with the Craiglist Crazies.   :lol:

posternutbag2000

« Reply #11 on: 20 Mar 2015, 10:36 pm »
Sorry for the naive questions but do the arms on these tables take normal cartridges or do I need something special to mount say a denon 103?

thanks!

StereoNut

« Reply #12 on: 20 Mar 2015, 11:48 pm »
Lymbo90

Sorry to hear about the job situation.  Unfortunately, I've been there more than once over the last 6+ years. Good luck with the sale of your stuff and even better luck in your job search.

Regards,
SN

Lymbo90

« Reply #13 on: 21 Mar 2015, 02:50 am »
Sorry for the naive questions but do the arms on these tables take normal cartridges or do I need something special to mount say a denon 103?

thanks!

The only thing you may need is an auxiliary counter weight that screws into the back of the tonearm.  I have 1 that I could include with either TT.

Lymbo90

« Reply #14 on: 21 Mar 2015, 09:10 pm »
Quintet Black has been sold.