SALK SOUNDSCAPE 8 WITH MATCHING C8 CENTER

Don480

SALK SOUNDSCAPE 8 WITH MATCHING C8 CENTER
« on: 12 Feb 2016, 01:01 am »
Up for sale is the magnificently beautiful Salk Soundscape 8 floor-standing audiophile speakers with matching 8c center speaker in a modern galaxy mica gray finish located in the state of Arizona. 

I am the original owner and purchased new on July 27 of 2015 from Jim Salk.  The speakers are in excellent condition and works flawlessly.  No pets, kids, and non smoking environment.  I am asking $6,500 for the SS8 and $3,250 for the SS C8 plus shipping.  I prefer selling as a set but willing to separate. 

Please contact me prior to purchase to discuss shipping details.  I prefer local pick-up but willing to ship through the buyers expense.

Paypal is the preferred payment type and free if paid as "friends/family gift" where no fee is charged to me.  I will accept money orders and cashiers check from reputable bank.

Any questions please feel free to email or call/text at 480-512-2616

***Buyer pays for shipping and Paypal fee of 3.5%, unless gifted.

Shop with confidence.  I have 100% rating on eBay (dhl480), Audiogon (don480), and Head-fi (dnlee480) 

Thank you  :D

« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2016, 12:05 am by Don480 »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: SALK SOUNDSCAPE 8 WITH MATCHING 8C CENTER
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2016, 01:22 am »
What's your asking price?

Don480

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2016, 01:29 am »
Sorry about that.  My asking price is 9,500.  Thank you  :D

ZAKski288

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2016, 02:10 am »

NICE , good luck with sale, Zak

Don480

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2016, 03:37 am »
I have no idea how you did that but thank you so much!!!

srb

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2016, 05:51 am »

Sorry for the pictures turning out sideways.  I don't know how to fix that.

It only takes a few seconds to rotate them to proper orientation in your Gallery.

Gallery > Manage my albums
Click on album
Click on photo
Click on Rotate left or Rotate right buttons

jriggy

« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2016, 02:51 pm »
If you are selling because you don't like the sound, it is probably due to that speaker placement !!!
  :o  :duh:  :nono:  :lol:  :wink:

sunnydaze

« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2016, 03:12 pm »
I had the same exact thought.

I'm shocked at how many pics I see of systems with BIG speakers tight on walls.

The speakers seen in my avatar sound like absolute poo when pushed back to flank my rack.  But put air around 'em as in the pic, and they are magnificent.

Sorry....didn't mean to hijack your ad.  GLWTS!

Don480

« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2016, 09:03 pm »
I'm very aware of speaker placement.  I had them pushed back because I had guest over for the Super Bowl and did not want them running into my speakers.  Otherwise, I do have them pulled forward by couple feet from the wall.  I noticed if I pull them too far from my walls, the bass diminishes quite a bit. I do have my back walls treated too which you can't see, courtesy of GIK.  I used to have the wall facing the TV treated to but my wife says no way this time.  LOL  I am working with limited space.  These speakers do sound amazing.  I have owned many high quality speakers in the past and these just have such a balanced non-fatiguing sound.  The only reason I am selling to source other projects I am working on.  But thanks of noticing guys  :D

Don480

« Reply #9 on: 12 Feb 2016, 09:17 pm »
I had the same exact thought.

I'm shocked at how many pics I see of systems with BIG speakers tight on walls.

The speakers seen in my avatar sound like absolute poo when pushed back to flank my rack.  But put air around 'em as in the pic, and they are magnificent.

Sorry....didn't mean to hijack your ad.  GLWTS!

Nice setup.  I hope to one day have a dedicated room for 2 channel listening and HT. 

sunnydaze

« Reply #10 on: 12 Feb 2016, 10:06 pm »
Nice setup.  I hope to one day have a dedicated room for 2 channel listening and HT.

Thanks Don.

Not a dedicated room per se.  My LR, but I'm single so I do what I want!     :thumb:

sunnydaze

« Reply #11 on: 12 Feb 2016, 10:18 pm »
.......I noticed if I pull them too far from my walls, the bass diminishes quite a bit.

With such a big speaker, I'm very surprised by this.   Perceived bass will diminish as you get away from boundaries, but it should get much better.  That is, less bloated and muddy, tighter and faster and more tuneful.

I site both my floorstanders (Sunny H2W10 and Vaughn Triodes) basically in free space --  well away from sidewalls, and front wall is 8' behind the drivers -- and both produce bass that is big and impactful, free of boom / bloat.

Don480

« Reply #12 on: 12 Feb 2016, 11:22 pm »
With such a big speaker, I'm very surprised by this.   Perceived bass will diminish as you get away from boundaries, but it should get much better.  That is, less bloated and muddy, tighter and faster and more tuneful.

I site both my floorstanders (Sunny H2W10 and Vaughn Triodes) basically in free space --  well away from sidewalls, and front wall is 8' behind the drivers -- and both produce bass that is big and impactful, free of boom / bloat.

The soundscapes have a very neutral flat sound with very tight bass, especially since they are no a ported design.  I typically like a little more bass so I tend to keep them a little closer to the wall by about 2 to 3 feet.  I don't have any issues with bloating or muddy bass with my Salks even when closer to the wall.  I have experimented a little with placement and even had friends over for an audition and they tended to like the SS8 closer to the wall too.  Obviously, not that close as shown in the picture. My room is not idea for two channel listening but I plan on buying a home soon with a room dedicated for HT and 2-channel listening.  For now got to keep my wife happy. 

Don480

Re: SALK SOUNDSCAPE 8 WITH MATCHING C8 CENTER
« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2016, 12:29 am »
Price Drop!!

Don480

Re: SALK SOUNDSCAPE 8 WITH MATCHING C8 CENTER
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2016, 07:45 am »
Bump