Incoming: New Nord One Hypex Amplifiers by iQ Speakers .....

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum

http://www.iqspeakers.co.uk/#!hypex-amps/avuyk

http://www.iqspeakers.co.uk/#!product-page/onbar/c9c31e89-cc60-19a6-a18e-4612342e130b

I hope to see the mono blocks by the end of next week. I ordered the Sparkos op amp which is supposed to give a more tube like liquidity.

Stay tuned....

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Cool! This brand is new to me. I look forward to your discovery.

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
I can't wait. Should be a lot of fun.

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
Re: Incoming: New Nord One Hypex Amplifiers by iQ Speakers .....
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2016, 01:56 am »
Amps arrived today. More thoughts after some break in, but so far, WOW! Very impressive.

jtsnead

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2016, 09:46 pm »
Liking my Atsah 500's very much

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2016, 11:33 pm »
Hey Joe,

Have you heard any other Hypex amps before the Nords? Just curious what effect the Sparkos input buffer has. Any particular preamp match working for ya?

-Tom

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2016, 01:02 am »

Hi Tom,

No, these are my first Hypex/Calss D amps that I've owned. I briefly heard the ARC DS450 and did not like them. These Nord amps are really good so far. They have been playing for a couple of days. I am sure after a few hundred hours, they will smooth out a little more. Otherwise, very impressive. Big 3D sound, tons of power. Tremendous air and separation with an in the room sound that is wonderful.

First up is a McIntosh C52 to help break them in. Next will be my CJ GAT with Nord's own RCA to XLR cable.

Hey Joe,

Have you heard any other Hypex amps before the Nords? Just curious what effect the Sparkos input buffer has. Any particular preamp match working for ya?

-Tom

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2016, 03:31 am »
Tomorrow afternoon the amps will have been running for the week straight. Already notice some changes for the better. Overall, these are right up there with some of the best amps I've heard for low level late night listening. The noise floor is so low, it's nonexistent. Everything can be clearly heard. Amazing. If anything bothers me, it usually a bite or sibilant vocal. Treble and vocals are getting very smooth. These have wonderful 3D, air, separation, and seemingly limitless power. Very impressive.
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2016, 03:38 pm by tdinut »

tdinut

• Audioshark Forum
« Reply #8 on: 20 Feb 2016, 02:35 am »
The Nord Ncore amps are pretty amazing. They will have been running 2 weeks straight this coming Monday 2-22-16. They were pretty great out of the box but, for my taste, the treble/highs had a bit of a bite. Now, very smooth and sweet. Very powerful and they are dead quiet, so quiet it's wonderful. Details come out of nowhere. I listen a lot late at night and at low volume, they are clear and clean. For the roughly $2300 delivered, a bargain. I like them better than the Devialet that I had. They have more tone/density/body. Just wonderful.