Omega speakers and Reference Recordings

Dsaldivar

Omega speakers and Reference Recordings
« on: 1 Mar 2015, 10:26 pm »
Has any Omega speakers owners here have heard symphonic music recorded by Keith Johnson in a pair of Omega speakers with no subwoofers? Specifically, Mephisto and Co.
 Any comments?
Thanks,
Dan

Capt. Yossarian

Re: Omega speakers and Reference Recordings
« Reply #1 on: 2 Mar 2015, 05:56 pm »
I have not heard the specific recording you mention, but I have both Hector Berlioz's Syphonie Fantastique, op. 14 and Ottorino Respighi's Church Windows/Poema Autumnale CDs.

The sound of these recordings (which I used to have in LP) is beautiful -- and the Super 3S speakers and Dared 2A3C integrated amplifier bring a lush and beautiful sound. There is a lot of bass and slam in these discs, and the Omega/Dared combination produces it all with finesse and authority and grace.

Highly recommended components and music.

I hope this answers your question.

Ciao.

Dsaldivar

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm »
Thanks Yossarian for your comments!!
What do you think about this system;
Omega Allinico monitors and a Dared 2A3C tube integrated?
Dan

Capt. Yossarian

« Reply #3 on: 3 Mar 2015, 12:00 am »
As I mentioned, I've got the Omega Super 3S speakers -- I've had them for about 16 or so months. I really like them a lot, and the combination with the Dared 2A3C is really just the ticket for me.

If I were starting today, I'd go for either the Super Alnico XRS Monitors or The Super Alnico XRS speakers. The Monitors go down to 40 Hz -- virtually the same as my Super 3S (38 Hz), but, as Canada Rob says, the Monitors are a bit quicker.

The Dared is a really good integrated amp -- and the price is right through this dealer on eBay -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dared-MP-2A3C-2a3-SET-tube-amp-new-US-limit-Ed-/261788604029?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf3d1167d

I use a Marantz player for my CDs, with KimberKable speaker cable -- the whole system just works.