Mid-Century Modern Stereo Console - Bar - Upgraded MD/DC/VA Only

dkalsi

Available for sale is our stereo console. This is no ordinary stereo console.

A lot of time was spent refurbishing the unit. The entire unit was sanded 100 grit, 150 grit, 220 grit, and finished with 2 coats of Waterlox Original Sealer and 2 coats of Waterlox Satin Finish.

Next, the internal non-working woofer tweeters were removed and replaced with Audio Nirvana Super-10 full range drivers ($325). These are highly efficient (96db?) full-range drivers and have a near perfect balance between bass and top-end.

I then replaced the internal tube-amplifier with Lepai T-amp (with an average rating of 4.4 / 5 by 340 users). This amp provides plenty of power for the Audio Nirvana drivers.

To make the use of the unit more convenient, I next installed a bluetooth adapter (HomeSpot - with an average rating of 4.0 / 5 by 5,403 users on Amazon).

The turntable was also removed and a shelf was installed. The console is now used as a bar and music system.

It is really a great addition to any mid-century decor.

Unfortunately, we have to sell given that we just purchased a new dining set, which included a large credenza. We are hoping to take delivery of our new set within the new few weeks

This by no means will replace your current audiophile system, but it serves a different purpose (bar/stereo/decor) .

Not sure what is a fair price, but I have it listed for $750 on local CL.I will gladly make a deal with fellow forum members.

« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2016, 02:33 pm by dkalsi »

bside123

This is very cool! Best of luck on your sale.

Goosepond

• Virna!
Very nicely done.

I feel very sad as I am old enough to remember seeing these types when new! :cry: :thumb:

Gene

Blu99Zoomer

Ditto!  GLWS.

Blu99Zoomer

dkalsi

All - thank you for the comments.

It really is a nice piece. Again, this is clearly not meant to be the last work in high-end audio; but it does sound remarkably good for the price, and is perfect as a bar.

I'll make a heck of a deal with an AC forum member.

gbeard

• Contributing writer--Positive Feedback
Wish you lived in Indiana... I'd be in your driveway with a truck.  :thumb: