SOLD and will be missed Dodd Audio Battery Tube Preamplifier $1150

Jerrym303

• GJ Madigan Legacy Fly Rods
Hi,

I am the original owner of a full battery-powered preamp from Gary Dodd.  This is not an abbreviated version as is often seen here.

Retail price was $3300 when I bought it in 2008 through Walter Liederman.   For those not familiar with these units, please see the following review.  It also has some better pics than I could accomplish.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dodd/dodd.html

I had not previously read the 6moons review but, now that I look at it, I think that is my preamp that was used for the review.  More on that later.

If you want some tube smoothness and dynamics without going overboard, this may be for you.  If you like silent passages to be silent, this may be for you.

The unit uses two 6922/ec88 tubes.  The original Mullards will be included plus I will add 2 Siemens CCA 6922 tubes.  Also, I will include 2 fitting tube dampeners.

I mentioned to Walter that I may be selling this after being stored for 6 years and he recommended that I check the batteries.  I did, and they were weak, so I bought a full new set that will come with the unit.  I can provide the buyer with reasonable sources for both the batteries and the battery charger.  The new batteries are the exact same brand and model as Gary had provided me.  I charged and tested the new batteries for about 7 hours of play and they are good to go.

The unit is in overall excellent condition.  Here are the flaws I know of:

1.  There is a little knot area on the left side of the faceplate with missing wood.  The unit came this way and Gary attributed it to working with a natural material.  This same spot shows up on one of the 6moons photos if you look closely.
2.  There are some micro-scratches on the chrome top.  I'm not sure that this can be avoided with that material.  There was no way to get a good photo.  There was never anything on top of the preamp.

This rascal is heavy.  Net weight with charger and remote is roughly 30LB.  The shipping carton adds 8-9 LB to that for a shipping weight of 39 LB.  The label to me says 38LB, but I weighed it on a digital scale closer to 39.

Comes with charger, new batteries, remote, manual and original shipping materials.

Shipping cost will be actual and I will split Paypal fees.

Feel free to ask questions.

I have more high quality 6922/7308/ec88 tubes that will be offered first to the buyer of the preamp.

Thks, Jerry

« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2018, 03:29 am by Jerrym303 »

dixi

Re: Dodd Audio Battery Tube Preamplifier $1150
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2018, 05:31 pm »
PM sent