FS: ebony RM-40 pair

rbbert

Bob Stark

Re: FS: ebony RM-40 pair
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2013, 12:01 pm »
To the dude in the midwest who asked how come there are never any RM40s in that area--I may have a pair of RM40s with all the upgrades (TRT caps, Analysis Plus silver wiring, FSTs, SR-71, megawoofers, including beautiful MLS rosewood cabinets that I may sell in a couple months or less.  These were hand tweaked by Brian prior to being sent to Martin DeWulf at Bound For Sound for review and were his reference speakers for a couple years.  You will not find a better pair of RM40s and there may not be its equal, for that matter. They sound absolutely awesome.  The cabinets are grain matched and gorgeous and the overall condition is at least an 8, if not 9, by Audiogon standards.  There are a few scratches on the underside of the black mdf base which would not show unless you want to listen to the speakers upside down.  If I decide to part with them, you would be able to hear them in the Chicago suburbs.  The reason for selling would be the opportunity I have to be a demonstrator for another very good speaker company as I once did for VMPS.  I've sold off my 626R's w/ 215 subs with the VSS upgrades, Rm30s with all the upgrades, and a previous pair of RM40s that sounded very nice with all the upgrades other than MLS cabinets.  These were all fantastic sounding speakers.  They each caused serious sellers remorse at the time.  I was a demonstrator because I asked Brian if he needed someone to do this after getting the 626Rs and hearing them the first time.  The clarity, dynamics, and transparency of them was unlike anything I had ever heard reproduced in a home or store in over 50 years of loving music and stereo gear buying--I started listening with passion at age 4 with my brother that I shared a bedroom with.  I've loved it since.  There are no speakers that I have heard, including all the ones I've just mentioned that sound as good as the pair Marty had for review.

JP78

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2013, 07:56 am »
Hello,

That dude in the midwest would be me. :)

I also live in the Chicago metro area and would be in an ideal position to take delivery ca. Jan 1, and possibly sooner if absolutely necessary. Please keep me posted.

Thanks!

JP78

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2013, 10:47 pm »
FYI to other VMPS aficionados: Bob is asking 3.7K for the pair above.  While I cannot afford them I certainly consider them worth the price tag.

Best,

rbbert

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2013, 11:19 pm »
Then mine should certainly be worth $2500, lacking only the TNT caps and the silver wire (just plain old Analysis Plus OFC in mine)  and with the Series 2 CDWGs  :icon_lol:

Hemy

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2013, 03:03 pm »
Anyone know of someone close to Michigan that has a pair of newer RM2's or 30's  they want to sell, hopefully in dark oak or black. I cannot afford much but am curious if there is anyone out this way.